Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Portals and Pads

Default Talk to the Team: Portals and Pads

Been a while since this topic was brought up, but given that I added a few more portals today I wanted to ask players where they felt more portals and/or pads were needed.

The three I added this morning are: Darvus, Kenaf Point, and Bridgehold.

I'm sure there are others that are needed. Where are they?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Portals and Pads

Isle of Ice.
    rip

A portal out in the middle of Dralk someplace such as Naka’jira, Desokul, or Char would be wonderful. There are a great amount of resources out there, but it is a painfully long trip back and forth to those resource areas.

I don’t know if this is a possibility, could we maybe get a portal that is closer to the WD?

Could we please have a way to reach the Observatory Outpost? It has a pad there, but no portal anywhere that leads to it.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    A portal out in the middle of Dralk someplace such as Naka’jira, Desokul, or Char would be wonderful. There are a great amount of resources out there, but it is a painfully long trip back and forth to those resource areas.

I don’t know if this is a possibility, could we maybe get a portal that is closer to the WD?
    ^ that

I would also love it if not only bristugo had portals to dalimond peninsula places. Maybe Genevia too and cities?

Also a portal/pad in Pleasant Canyon and Isle of Fire, and a portal on Isle of Ice and Desert's Edge would be nice.

A portal to the location of the Flame Disciple trainer at the tower of Wizardry. Pretty please :D

A portal out in the middle of Dralk someplace such as Naka’jira, Desokul, or Char would be wonderful.
    /support

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Could we please have a way to reach the Observatory Outpost? It has a pad there, but no portal anywhere that leads to it.
    You can reach the Observatory Outpost from Bristugo (Dalimond Peninsula).

Please add the destinations of Dalimond Peninsula to Genevia, and Genevia Islands to Bristugo (in my opinion one porting hub would be enough and genevia could be dropped)

Please add the destinations: Eastern Outpost, Imperial Outpost, New Trismus and the Resorts to Bristugo.
    Last edited by Terao; September 15th, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    You can reach the Observatory Outpost from Bristugo (Dalimond Peninsula).
    Thank you!! I never knew. It is the same with Wintervale, there is only one portal that takes you to these places, and that is in Bristugo. It makes it difficult to find them.

Case in point, I thought that Wintervale, being a gnomish outpost, could have been reached from both New Rachival and Bristugo the way that Delgarath is reached by both Aughundell and Bristugo. Not the case unfortunately.

Could you please add the destination of the Observatory to Dalimond, and add the destination of Wintervale to New Rachival or Aughundell?

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Please add the destinations: Eastern Outpost, Imperial Outpost, New Trismus and the Resorts to Bristugo.
    Agreed and signed. Please.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Isle of Ice and Fire are no-gos. Sorry. There is a pad and portal on the island between them.

Fixed Eastern outpost, Imperial Outpost, and Winter Vale.

T3 pads/portals are on the plan for the T3 revamp which is coming up very soon so will hold off on any of those (that includes one closer to the WD).

A pad out in Char is a good idea, though the real tricky part is that the communities out there are in the middle of monster spawns. So not easy to find a good spot, but its on my list and will keep looking.

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Just to be clear, adding New Trismus and the Resorts to Bristugo isn't something which is going to happen. The setup was designed around the concept of two hubs, one lower levels (Genevia), one upper (Dalimond Peninsula and up which is Bristugo).

I would like to finally see a portal placed at Guild:Yewn.

As for Char, one spot that I noticed is around a rocky spire around 21578/28222 - No mobs, Three routes to take and has a source of obsidian, dark iron, gold, granite, terra cotta etc. Gems are a few steps away too. No machines save for the smelter further east.

Makes for a safe spot to grab a few of those necessities!
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

Quote Originally Posted by Kyala View Post
    I would like to finally see a portal placed at Guild:Yewn.

As for Char, one spot that I noticed is around a rocky spire around 21578/28222 - No mobs, Three routes to take and has a source of obsidian, dark iron, gold, granite, terra cotta etc. Gems are a few steps away too. No machines save for the smelter further east.

Makes for a safe spot to grab a few of those necessities!
    I don't really see any good spots around that location. There are lots of beetle spawns.

Regarding Yewn, the destination pad in Yewn is only 470 meters from the portal in Clearport so thats a no go.

I didn't see any beetles when I was there. My thoughts were to find a spot that is close to resources without being bang on top of motherlodes and shops. If that was the case, just drop a pad at the obsidian south of dralk, and cobalt north of it. At my point you still have to atleast walk a short distance to the shop east of there while encountering small batches of resources along the way. The other routes are of course guarded by the local mobs. Plus it brings you a little closer to the tower, and the fires/golems.

There will be mobs regardless of whether Char gets a portal or not, but this spot is at least safe to port/crash in.
    Last edited by Kyala; September 15th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

Quote Originally Posted by Kyala View Post
    I didn't see any beetles when I was there. My thoughts were to find a spot that is close to resources without being bang on top of motherlodes and shops. If that was the case, just drop a pad at the obsidian south of dralk, and cobalt north of it. At my point you still have to atleast walk a short distance to the shop east of there while encountering small batches of resources along the way. The other routes are of course guarded by the local mobs. Plus it brings you a little closer to the tower, and the fires/golems.

There will be mobs regardless of whether Char gets a portal or not, but this spot is at least safe to port/crash in.
    Likely they are in the one of the patches on blight. I'll keep looking, but so far I'm not seeing anything that jumps out as a good spot.

Very happy with Darvus on the list :)!

About a portal / pad at Char or somewhere else in the Dralk area, I would rather have one with some mobs in the neighbourhood that none at all.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Very happy with Darvus on the list :)!

About a portal / pad at Char or somewhere else in the Dralk area, I would rather have one with some mobs in the neighbourhood that none at all.
    Here here.. although what about just up the hill to the east of the forge near the plat.. dont recall any spawn up that way.though there is that dragon npc nearby.. so maybe a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Isle of Ice.
    The "Isle of Fire and Ice" port shows up on 2 different rings in Bristugo.

One of them should be changed to "Isle of Ice"

The Isle of Ice landing pad still exists. There are still ports that go to this pad. One at top of tower of sorcery, as well as some of the trandalar teleporters iirc.

There's no reason one of the Bristugo rings could not be fixed to point to this pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    The "Isle of Fire and Ice" port shows up on 2 different rings in Bristugo.

One of them should be changed to "Isle of Ice"

The Isle of Ice landing pad still exists. There are still ports that go to this pad. One at top of tower of sorcery, as well as some of the trandalar teleporters iirc.

There's no reason one of the Bristugo rings could not be fixed to point to this pad.
    Island of Ice is in the Trandalar group at Bristugo.

Knossos

Wasn't the game massively screwed up without water last time they touched the pad?

Still, the pad still exists. Don't see why we couldn't keep the port at least.

I mean, it can't get any worse than the Morning Light woodworking station being you know, "activated."
    rip

Personally I would not mind having a pad out in Char being close to mobs, just having one out there at all would be a great relief (and would probably convince me to work on t4 lairshaping more). It's easy for a dragon like myself to fly out to anywhere in the area but I pity the people who are stuck running all that way just to get to some decent t4 resources (often with a lot of mob harassment on the way there and back if they don't know the /safe/ routes yet).
    Keep up the great work guys! I'm super excited for some new portals and pads coming in!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I agree, somewhere in Char, even close to mobs. Consider the portal in Draak. Its in the middle of all kinds of mobs, if you wander a few seconds from the pad, you in the mobs. Would work, but traveler beware :)
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information