Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Portals and Pads

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Portals and Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    But isn't that what Bristugo is for? Why would you need a second portal to all the places Bristugo can send you... in the next city over from Bristugo, not even a 2 minute walk away?
    It just seems weird that the main city of the Dalimond area doesn't have a portal to the Dalimond. Yes, it's not as useful as other portals would be, but it feels wrong to not be able to have a portal to local places in the local capital. If you're going to have any portals in Dalimond, at least have those. If Bristugo is so close, why have any portals in Dalimond?

As for the Dragon city one, what I'm looking for is something like the Dalimond Peninsula portal list, but for Dragon territory. Again, more of a story/ambiance/aesthetics thing than strict practicality. (I'm on Order, in case you can't tell.)

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    This is kind of interesting. Just not sure about peak of storms, I think that should be left to the Hermit's discretion. But having Isle of Fire and Ice, Imperial Outpost, Harro, Delgarath there would be useful.

How about a Blighted portal, just inside ED, perhaps where all the Crimson Scourge are. I know Blue made a blighted portal way back when... maybe it was just an artists concept. Anyway, a blighted portal, inside the ED, that ports to the landing pad-like spots in ED. There's 4 or 5 of these I can think of, and can give exact co-ords once I get home. I think dead pool also has one. (Triangle shaped pattern on ground iirc). But it would be like a withered aegis teleporter, then we could use to move around ed. The exits should be dangerous, very dangerous. So those places where there are landing pads, could have extra mobs. A Group could all port thru at the same instant, and engage in a dangerous battle. (Sounds fun)
    I agree I said peak of storms cause I wasn't sure about the biped able to use the one at the peak of storm and that whole situation and what you said about portals at ED is interesting. It make thing's easier if their are destinations at ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    This is kind of interesting. Just not sure about peak of storms, I think that should be left to the Hermit's discretion. But having Isle of Fire and Ice, Imperial Outpost, Harro, Delgarath there would be useful.

How about a Blighted portal, just inside ED, perhaps where all the Crimson Scourge are. I know Blue made a blighted portal way back when... maybe it was just an artists concept. Anyway, a blighted portal, inside the ED, that ports to the landing pad-like spots in ED. There's 4 or 5 of these I can think of, and can give exact co-ords once I get home. I think dead pool also has one. (Triangle shaped pattern on ground iirc). But it would be like a withered aegis teleporter, then we could use to move around ed. The exits should be dangerous, very dangerous. So those places where there are landing pads, could have extra mobs. A Group could all port thru at the same instant, and engage in a dangerous battle. (Sounds fun)
    I like this idea as long as mobs are not too close to pads. Gotta think of those who use loading screen and would most likely die on port.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    I like this idea as long as mobs are not too close to pads. Gotta think of those who use loading screen and would most likely die on port.
    Like the Old Satyr isles.. those were the days!

but hey. pays your money take your chance.. you wanna port into the ED be prepared for consequences (ooh and I use the Load screen but still think they should be dangerous)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I'd love to see portals out to places in the ED... even other deadlands too! Don't care if they're swarmed with mobs, just need to make sure it is.... survivable. Escape route nearby or few enough mobs in the area that it's not too dangerous. If that does get implemented, you could have some daily or repeatable quests that have you clear X amount of mobs from the area by the portal pad, that would be rather fun!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Exactly. I'd love to see a portal out in the ED somewhere. Maybe one we have to rebuild. Maybe near the machines out there.

But yes, swarm it with enemies! Make it dangerous. I wouldn't mind. Would put some of the thrill back into those places for me like the old satyr isles were. There is the risk for the reward of getting close. Maybe you'll get killed, maybe not. Yes I do have loading screens on, but that's the risk.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Any chance for Portal/Pad to Guild: Penza, or at least just a pad?

Quote Originally Posted by susi_ice View Post
    Any chance for Portal/Pad to Guild: Penza, or at least just a pad?
    Penza is just between Guild: Yumi and Guild: Manta, both of which have pads and portals within a few hundred meters of any plot in Penza. Doubt they'll throw one that way because of that.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

do you think you could put portal in guild crucita plz ill make you some cookies.

i mean it is an expensive area to own and the only portal out is far away would be nice and youd get yummy cookies. =) If not least i asked nicely and offered yummy cookies.

Having a Pad at the machines in ED would be cool. Could make the pad broken, and make us build it. I would like to see T5 and T6 to do it, I would love to see players running through the deadlands with a cargo disk on hehe.

I know its out of the way but since it really doesn't belong in this thread here, and it more belongs in this thread.

IF the lower area of Drakul is opened up to bipeds, is it possible to get a pad -and- portal near the resources for everyone to use? I'm thinking near the already existing pad at 15734,30142. The portals of Drakul that already exist are out of reach to where any bipeds can or would be able to reach them from the machines that need to be built and the essence field.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Was just noting today, it would be super nice if each of the towers could have an attunable port pad in them.

Hmmm, I'd rather have a drop pad on the top so I wouldn't have to climb up all those stairs each time!!!!
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

I know this is old but a portal would be nice on summit rather then just recall or jump off the top of the mountain. Sorry jus a thought while rebuilding the community refinery. thanks, Lillyjo, chaos,server.

Well got eaten alive last time I posted here so here goes. I love the idea of a pad/portal (whichever) in top of towers that have to be attuned. The towers are like a Nascar race always going left for 500 laps. Once you have done one 2 or 3 times it gets tiresome. I couldn't care less about ED but if you place one there, you have no excuse to not put one either west or southwest of Dralk. This would help those of us who have to walk everywhere with their slow disk out. Yes I am lazy and do not like walking for long distances. One in top of tower there would do just fine but would rather have one southwest if ever possible. Thank you. Slimey on Order

How about a pad in the special lair with lair in Drakul's Heart so be easier for biped's and dragon to reach areas, especially the shops possibly located there.

Are guild communities a part of this? There are a few I noticed don't have pads, my guild's is one of them. Possibly a pad for Guild: Grandli?

I don't remember the other that are lacking pads off the top of my head, I can go look around again to see.

I see all these great suggestions for pads. Has any new pads been added since December? Has any new pads been added in last year? If so, where are they? Thank you. Slimey

Well, I thought I would be told something. Have any new landing pads been added in last year? If so, where are they? Thanks. Slimey on Order

Thread Information