Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Portals and Pads

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Portals and Pads

hi there.

would it be possible to get a landing pad at Miyuki? There is alredy an outgoing port, so a landing pad would be geat

Best Regards
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Just a small idea for future maybe? :)
    A pad on a new island (or beach?) or south eastern edge of Eastern Deadlands,past reklars place (if you go diagonally SE from his place there are plenty bare cliffs and hills that could be turned into new paths,mobs and quests area). this place looks really nice ,though it would need small changes for bipeds. and pad because it would be really far to travel from eastern outpost.

Reading this, sounds like 2 years ago it was a good idea to place a portal somewhere south or west of Dralk. It is obvious that nothing was ever done. I understand the bight areas but somewhere could be found for a portal in this large area. Thanks. -- RHC
    Last edited by Velea; January 23rd, 2015 at 08:47 PM.

We don't need a portal to every single out of the way place.

I just did a test, ran from the Dralk landing pad all the way to the tower of sorcery, inside the tower. Took 4 minutes 30 seconds. I had no speed buffs on either, nor did I even use sprint. (I do have the passive +10 fleet of foot).

That's not too long, and all of the resources around dralk are closer than this tower is, 4:30 represents the furthest someone has to run at least for Dralk. Which in fact has probably the longest run out there.

Something takes longer than 30 seconds, and everyone's ADD kicking in??

The above statement I could NOT disagree with more. The time it takes me to get to the coast is way longer than stated. There are creatures that can only be hunted in this area. I have to fight my way to most areas even the tower. I can not fly over these mobs or run by them. The mobs swarm all over me whether I go around north road or go due west and fall down all the mountains. Lots of time is taken in all these battles. If I have my disk out to harvest resources in the western area my speed is only 19 to 21. Did you try that. The above statement was rude. Also the above statements were false. Lots of resources are beyond the tower. Because of the person above is why I will not post on these forums again. This is the kind of help I always get in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimey View Post
    The above statement I could NOT disagree with more. The time it takes me to get to the coast is way longer than stated. There are creatures that can only be hunted in this area. I have to fight my way to most areas even the tower. I can not fly over these mobs or run by them. The mobs swarm all over me whether I go around north road or go due west and fall down all the mountains. Lots of time is taken in all these battles. If I have my disk out to harvest resources in the western area my speed is only 19 to 21. Did you try that. The above statement was rude. Also the above statements were false. Lots of resources are beyond the tower. Because of the person above is why I will not post on these forums again. This is the kind of help I always get in the game.
    There would be less incentive to level adventuring schools. Spells, abilities and gear (Tier V buffs and Adamantium Necklace do wonders).
    rip

...The mobs swarm all over me whether I go around north road or go due west and fall down all the mountains. Lots of time is taken in all these battles. If I have my disk out to harvest resources in the western area my speed is only 19 to 21.
    This is precisely why the resources are where they are. The higher the tier, the more dangerous and difficult they are to gather. If your adventure level has trouble with t4, then t5 and t6 will be even more difficult. That's the way its been designed on purpose.

Because of the person above is why I will not post on these forums again. This is the kind of help I always get in the game.
    I'm sorry to hear that. At the same time adventuring is part of the game you will have difficulty ignoring. You're missing some of the fun. Players in game are almost always willing to assist, however we will not do everything for you either (no idea what in game situations you are referring to, but your statement also comes across as rude).

A PAD that you could port into the NW Dralk corner area would be helpful. It is quite a run to the Obsidian Golems (Regular). Maybe they don't want to have a pad next to an outskirt tower though? Not sure, but they did add winter vale close to magery tower. I will admit that with a t6 necklace, speed boots, movement crystal, +10 fleet of foot that It's not bad for myself; however I can remember not having enough classes or the rating to have these things and it was quite far.

I would throw out the idea of trying to get resources here, why would you? Most T4 if not all have locations of 0 mobs to get them. Typically
    t1 through t4 is mob free if you know where to go.

P.S Vault at EO please! :-)

Having a pad at the top of every tower in the game would be really nice. Make them unavailable by default and have the attune quest require you to kill a decent number of mobs that spawn around the tower. A gate at the top of each tower that only goes to the other towers wouldn't hurt, either.
    I just lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    Having a pad at the top of every tower in the game would be really nice. Make them unavailable by default and have the attune quest require you to kill a decent number of mobs that spawn around the tower. A gate at the top of each tower that only goes to the other towers wouldn't hurt, either.
    ooh, i really like the idea of a portals ring in the tower tops. not that it's terribly convenient, just cool to think the watchers have a faster way of getting about than on wing.

I support Slimey here!!
    Istaria does not only have experienced advent.-vets-
    but lots of gifted crafters (only), that help others (most of the time for free-at least on Oder)
    to build up plots or fill silos or other.
    I heard them complain about the long and dangerous walks in Dralk area.
    They have been patient and brave up to know- but complaints get louder.
    I mean- all those deserve a little love-same love adv. get,
    And- a pad/porter more (why on outposts not in eg northern Dralk=??) won`t harm anybody!!
    May not sound like- but I am flaming here (cant find the smileys^^)

And Guaran- I may say so cause I agreed with all you`ve said since I am on this forum:
    If you had given that answer to me- I would have been hurt. It was rude.
    And I would never try to teach someone how to play Istaria.
    And how so ever- we need them all: Adventurers, crafters and "hybrides"!!
    (place a flaming smiley here^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I think something along the lines of teleport scrolls to all of the towers is under consideration for future implementation (might already be in development). I am against the idea, I support adventuring and exploring :)

There is a Ring to Trandalar at the top of the tower of Sorcery. Originally that was the only way to get there, or fly. That was an adventure across the ice, through a blizzard, then a long climb. It made the world feel larger, more exciting, having unexplored potential, something always new around the corner to login and go do. (but what do I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    There is a Ring to Trandalar at the top of the tower of Sorcery. Originally that was the only way to get there, or fly. That was an adventure across the ice, through a blizzard, then a long climb. It made the world feel larger, more exciting, having unexplored potential, something always new around the corner to login and go do.
    ohh yes- I remember that- it was wonderful, exciting and dangerous- I loved it very much
    (and a boss ice beetle was in the blizzard too).
    I agree with you again;-)
    But my crafter friends would not have survived that.
    *sigh* no idea if there is a compromise
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I have nothing against exploring or adventuring. However, the walk to the Flame Wolves/Lava Golems is tedious. It would be okay if
    one just had to walk there once, but if you need to leave and come back a few times it starts to use up playing time. If you are only able to play for one hour, for example, and it takes the four minutes someone above said it took, and you needed to leave three times to exchange things with another player or had to recall to get something from storage, then you have lost at least 12 minutes of your hour of playing by just walking. There are other areas out in the middle of nowhere that have portals, but Dralk does not. I used to jump of floating island and run up a hill to the platinum area before the dragons got lairs, after which the terrain was changed. Perhaps if no portal, another biped walkway could be created there again?
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

I still say that there should be a pad out in the wilderness around Dralk, it should need to be attuned to as well.

I see no reason to throw my biped all the way out there to do anything- mainly because I've got Mach for that. But for those who can't pay for a sub, they don't have the choice of flying out there. It can be quite the challenge to even get to some of the mobs, places, and resources out there if you can't fly *has flashbacks of a terrified hatchie scrambling through hordes of ogres on the way to the Tower of Wizardry*. Even if you can tackle say, an obsidian golem, you have to run the gamut of everything else out there that wants to rip you limb from limb to even get to them. Every time you want to fight that mob.

Putting a portal pad out there would definitely help with that.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Could we have a portal in Dalimond to the places in the Dalimond Peninsula? Dalimond feels like the regional capital, it should have decent transport connections.

Would it be possible to add a new pad list of dragon community locations, and put one of those portals in each dragon racial city, much like the Dalimond peninsula pad list?

Quote Originally Posted by Daulnay View Post
    Could we have a portal in Dalimond to the places in the Dalimond Peninsula? Dalimond feels like the regional capital, it should have decent transport connections.

Would it be possible to add a new pad list of dragon community locations, and put one of those portals in each dragon racial city, much like the Dalimond peninsula pad list?
    But isn't that what Bristugo is for? Why would you need a second portal to all the places Bristugo can send you... in the next city over from Bristugo, not even a 2 minute walk away?

Don't all cities already have the dragon settlements under the guild section of the portals? Not sure why either would be necessary as they seem rather redundant.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

A portal around Blackhammer farm or perhaps Stormy March area could be a nice Pad addition. Running from Aughendel to Morning Light is quite a run.

Right at the Northern most tip of that icy area below island of fire between the two ice bridges could
    give you access to the Giant Ice beetles, short run to Island of fire for that, Short run south to Icey Dire Wolves and a connection to the west to that building where those Giant Ghosts are and
    the ice beetles start.
    -Kor
    Last edited by Korchak Strongbone; March 17th, 2015 at 07:13 PM.

How about a portal at the eastern outpost that allows to other places including island of fire and peak of storms to make it easier to get too the lesser and greater epic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    How about a portal at the eastern outpost that allows to other places including island of fire and peak of storms to make it easier to get too the lesser and greater epic bosses.
    This is kind of interesting. Just not sure about peak of storms, I think that should be left to the Hermit's discretion. But having Isle of Fire and Ice, Imperial Outpost, Harro, Delgarath there would be useful.

How about a Blighted portal, just inside ED, perhaps where all the Crimson Scourge are. I know Blue made a blighted portal way back when... maybe it was just an artists concept. Anyway, a blighted portal, inside the ED, that ports to the landing pad-like spots in ED. There's 4 or 5 of these I can think of, and can give exact co-ords once I get home. I think dead pool also has one. (Triangle shaped pattern on ground iirc). But it would be like a withered aegis teleporter, then we could use to move around ed. The exits should be dangerous, very dangerous. So those places where there are landing pads, could have extra mobs. A Group could all port thru at the same instant, and engage in a dangerous battle. (Sounds fun)

Thread Information