Thread: Camera Zooming - Pretty Please

Default Camera Zooming - Pretty Please

With a cherry on top

Can, when your character is backed to a wall and the camera - to not cross into the sphere where the camera is not allowed - goes straight in first person, can we not have that.
    I'd rather look into terrain than have to bring up my camera options...turn back to thrid person...pan camera...accidently cross spot...do it all again...and a few more times...and four times more..etc etc etc
    It gets <expletive> annoying.
    Add an option that would be default on (i say this since if new players have this off, they'd likely be confused if they didn't know what had happened and they'd backed into a wall), that would or would not allow it go to into first person when backed into a wall.

Now i've said it before; i hate first person veiw. This gets very annoying on boss hunts, or in an enclosed space.

No idea what you'd call such an option, but can we pretty please with some istarian moon cake on top, have this option.

Default Re: Camera Zooming - Pretty Please

.....signed......
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

+1

This happens when you're just standing there. Have had this happen numerous times just idle in Doom or at Yew Forest. Zoomed out as I normally play, turn, stop for a second, magically zoomed all the way in.

Thought that was just another game feature so I shrugged it off.
    rip

Personally I love first person view. Depending on what I hunt I also do it in first person view.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

While occasionally I intentionally switch between views, I do not care to have the switch forced upon me either. If there is a way to give us the option of shutting that off, I would love to use it.

It depends which server board I think is which.

You don't have to open camera controls to go back into 3rd person, you know, you can just tap 'enter' on the keypad... or rather, that was rebound to 0 on the keypad, I think. You can change that in options, too, if you don't have the keypad on the right edge of the keyboard. So this doesn't really bug me much at all, honestly, but I can see the benefit.

When I first started out as a hatchling and got forced into 1st person view, I freaked out, saying I couldn't see my character model or anything and was tuck like that for a while till someone told me I was in 1st person.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    You don't have to open camera controls to go back into 3rd person, you know, you can just tap 'enter' on the keypad... or rather, that was rebound to 0 on the keypad, I think. You can change that in options, too, if you don't have the keypad on the right edge of the keyboard. So this doesn't really bug me much at all, honestly, but I can see the benefit.
    I can't express in words my hatred for first person. Primarily because it would use alot of expletives.
    As soon as i found out how to edit keybindings, i changed it so none of my chars have any key bound first/third person toggle. Pressing a key is so easy...it will happen by accident all to often and annoy me.
    Personally, i would love to never go into first person, but on boss hunts, sometimes standing around doing nothing etc. it is forced upon me. Having the restriction of first person veiw is not something i want when reklar's running in my direction.

The problem is that it can happen when literally standing there. Normally, when in third person and due to clipping mechanics, you will collide your camera zoom with closer objects. When obstructed, the camera zooms in, usually enough to be as far back as permissible if your distance prior was greater. I would say this is expected of third party view & zooming out functionality.

The differences come in when you've moved to free yourself from said obstruction that zoomed your camera in, the camera does not automatically pan out to the last manually set distance. It sets itself where it was with the obstruction in place. Not only this, but occasionally the camera will completely zoom into first person for no reason.

This zoom into first person also happens just standing there idle, whether you're free from obstruction of angled view at set distance or not. First person != third person, and should not automatically swoop you into first person mode when zoomed out at an angled third person view. It's sloppy.
    rip

Thread Information