Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Crystalshaper 13.3

Default Re: Update 2013.3 The Crystalshaper (Postponed 1 week)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyala View Post
    So this is more of a question on the new dragon school, but half way through my grinding I see that so long as one has Lairshape at 100, they only need crystalshape at 1 to make the T6 crystals.

Is there/will there be any benefit other then satisfaction to actually finishing this school?
    Nothing requires you to complete Lairshaper before beginning Crystalshaper, that was kind of the idea behind it. Getting Crystalshaper to 100 might actually help you level Lairshaper faster because you'd get XP for making the Crystals (you don't currently because it isn't a primary skill for Lairshaper).

That said, you have lots of products you can make as a Crystalshaper. And, you get 10 Crystalshaping per level as a Crystalshaper, only 8 per level as a Lairshaper.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    The Flame Horrors near the Guardian of Rage have a odd bug, if you select them and try to attack, I tried several times, got messages:
    Target is 2812m out of range.
    Target is 1840m out of range.

The Devourer in that area don't have that odd bug.
    I noticed that last night as well, the motes of rage attached to the guardian of rage were also doing that. Was thinking it was something to do with the range debuff that the flame horrors give (I think they are different lvl to the other flame horrors elsewhere in the rift), or its something setup in the location around the guardian.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    I noticed that last night as well, the motes of rage attached to the guardian of rage were also doing that. Was thinking it was something to do with the range debuff that the flame horrors give (I think they are different lvl to the other flame horrors elsewhere in the rift), or its something setup in the location around the guardian.
    Interesting. Thanks for the tip, we'll look at it from that direction.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Nothing requires you to complete Lairshaper before beginning Crystalshaper, that was kind of the idea behind it. Getting Crystalshaper to 100 might actually help you level Lairshaper faster because you'd get XP for making the Crystals (you don't currently because it isn't a primary skill for Lairshaper).

That said, you have lots of products you can make as a Crystalshaper. And, you get 10 Crystalshaping per level as a Crystalshaper, only 8 per level as a Lairshaper.
    Ok, I think I understand now. I guessed that it would probably add skill points if Lairshape was lower.

And if I may ask, what is this new "Dragon Scalecrafter" school I see now in /Who?
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

The "Tavernkeeper Hiring Permit" Drugan sells now costs 6g 250s which is a little too much I think - it should be 625s as it was.
    Last edited by Terao; October 19th, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Update 2013.3 The Crystalshaper

Crystalshaper and the Fiery Rift
    The long-awaited release of the Crystalshaper school for Dragons is now available!
    The Fiery Rift is primarily intended for Dragons, but those players who desire it can give Stones of Seeking to their two-legged friends and allow them access. Aratanosh might even speak to them and offer them quests!
    Okies, the Fiery Rift is really cool - well, I guess I mean hot, since I singe my feet wherever I step, but you know what I mean. Anyway, I do have some questions about it.
    1. I found a way to sneak past the wards blocking bipeds from getting to the chamber with the ancient dragons and the portal, but it involved a lot of jumping in spots with very small toeholds. What do larger folks who cannot jump like me do to gain access?
    2. Other than the access to the Fiery Rift, I have not been able to get quests from any dragon that I speak to, even with the borrowed stone in my possession and the ability activated from it. What am I missing?
    3. Is it intended that use of epic spells like Volcano and Burning Archer give the mobs immunity to my attacks from then on? Possibly Dark Cyclone too, I am unsure if that one caused the same effect when I used it. Relogging seemed to be the only way to reset it, as reactivating the stone did not, and I did leave and reenter the Fiery Rift with the immunity remaining.
    4. Is there any way we can get the Memories of Lost Elders to stack?

Thank you for this wonderful new content!

Thanks to Awdz help I was able to enter the Fiery Rift with Terao too. Is there any chance that we can craft more then only one Stone of Seeking? It's bit annoying to trade the stone forth and back if you have more then one character. I only have one dragon capable of crafting and thus being able to do the quest needed for the Stone of Seeking.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I would suggest before posting questions, please read my posts in the thread. Already responded about #s 1, 2 and 4. Regarding #3 (immunity) the Semblance of Fire converts your damage to ethereal. If you don't have it, all mobs in the Fiery Rift will be immune to your attacks.

RE: Terao. Yes, the fire materia will be obtainable by anyone who has the formula with the next patch (which will be next week I hope).

I would suggest before posting questions, please read my posts in the thread. Already responded about #s 1, 2 and 4. Regarding #3 (immunity) the Semblance of Fire converts your damage to ethereal. If you don't have it, all mobs in the Fiery Rift will be immune to your attacks.
    *rereads thread*
    My apologies, but I do not see the clear answers you gave in this thread; am I just blind or did you cover them elsewhere? (I have been known to miss the obvious before.)
    As for #3, my point was that I did have the Semblance of Fire active but was still getting the immunity message. That seemed to be triggered by use of an epic spell on the specific mob while in the Fiery Rift.

Edit: I'm at least partially blind, I found this regarding entrance to the chamber:
    For the moment there isn't a way, but we're working on adding one for bipeds.
    I also found an affirmation that bipeds do not get quests from the dragon in the Fiery Rift. I assume the stackable question is included in the statement about bugs to be fixed? Obviously I need more klava to catch things when reading through this.
    Last edited by awdz; October 19th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.

So that its in one place...

1. We're working on a solution for bipeds to gain access to the Gate of Embers.

2. The quest for bipeds was bugged and was only working for Dragons, mistakenly.

3. I really do not know how this would occur.

4. Yes, they will stack after the next update.

5. (Terao) Fire Materia will be lootable after next update for those who have the Stone of Seeking formula.

Any chance of hatchlings gaining access to the crystalshaper school in the future?

It depends which server board I think is which.

I quite doubt it, considering that they planned it only adults and up in the first place, and wanted it to be an end-game sort of thing, and being an adult is considered mostly 'end game'... even if you are lvl 80.

In relation to the crafted crystals, when in the craft menu for Damage crystals, the craft window does not show the "incoming" modifications. You can only view that once it is crafted, compared to looking at Resists/Armor which shows the negatives during craft.

Intended or..?
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

Awdz, please make sure that you don't have more than one "thing" changing your damage type. If you do, it could cause what you are describing... your damage type can only change once. If you change it again, it really messes with the system and you can potentially get the immunity message.

I don't think it's normal that Aratanosh offers you to change to crystalshaper school every time, even so you're already crystalshaper?
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    I don't think it's normal that Aratanosh offers you to change to crystalshaper school every time, even so you're already crystalshaper?
    Yes i was about to say, Aratanosh really wants to make certain you are a crystalshaper. That, or her memory is just really really bad.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Finally got some t6 crystals made and discovered that Violet Armor Crystal of Piercing and Violet Damage Crystal of Ice cannot be listed on a connie. I tried both player built and Imperial connies. (I don't know about others as Apathy shards are all I have at the moment.)

Observations fighting Lost Elders in the Fiery Rift.

Romp tech on bolt spell does 0 crush damage on Lost Elders.
    Gale tech on bolt spell does 0 slash damage on Lost Elders.
    Pierce tech on bolt spell does 0 pierce damage on Lost Elders.
    Critical Damage on bolt spell does 0 slash damage on Lost Elders.
    Breath of Fire does flame damage on Lost Elders.
    Breath of Flame Burst hits Lost Elders.
    Breath of Acid, initial attack hits but acid sizzle does 0 damage on tics.
    Radiant Erosion Crystal does 0 nature damage on a proc.
    Radiant Divinia Crystal does 0 life damage on a proc.
    Lasting Embers Crystal does 0 flame damage from Burning Embers
    I was very much surprised to see flame breath hit, I didn't expect it would do anything. The dot from Flamestone of Drulkar (Drulkar's Displeasure) sometimes does a small amount of damage but often is zero.

The problem area with the flame horror and range issues starts for me at that base of the ramp at pos (15717.13, 47597.42, 2838.79) relZ 0.00rot ( 0, 0, 300)** Fly tilt = 0.00 (I targeted myself to get that reading). From there continue NE up the ramp to the elevated flat area. For example when I attempt to attack, target window says it is 25m away and oor message in combat window says 1234m away. Occassionally one of the flame horrors is where you think it is and you are able to attack it. The Devourers up there didn't have problems.

Maybe it would be an idea for those that qualify to enter the Fiery Rift and have attuned to it, in addition to be able to attune to the Council of Elders and adding a landing pad to it reachable through the Dralk teleporter.

Major bug detected (I assume)

Effects of crystals consumed are cleansed away for example when healing yourself with a cleanse-teched-spell.

Bug is reported with id 18374
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Kyala mentioned it before,Im also very interested in this.
    What is the Dragon Scalecrafter school thingie in Player Search?

Thread Information