Thread: Client 385.7

Default Client 385.7

Just in case you missed in, Blight has been updated with a new client: 385.7

Fixes:

- For item previews with large numbers of schools, increase buffer so all schools show
    - Fix water region beside plot close to 22536, 21812
    - Cleaned up hedge texture
    - Notepad should save on exit / revert functions
    - Replaced image resize functions to resolve crash issues
    - Maintenance shutdown messages should no longer cause a crash

Besides some great fixes, this update has a very important update to the image resize functions. This the code that resamples textures so they fit your graphics settings. With this update, you should see better stability. If you normally don't send in your crash logs, please make sure to send them in - especially with this update.

UPDATE: We've been carefully watching the crash logs and so far no reports - so either this is a big fix or crash reports are not being sent in from Blight. If you find the new client a lot more stable, just let us know as well. While this is an important update, this sort of "deep plumbing" can have nuanced effects and the developers are being very careful on when to release this update.

Thank you,

Istaria Development Team

Default Re: Client 385.7

Item creation screen views now have school listing first and can for long school list be accompanied with a truncated "When Used" data list. For example Spirit Bolt V "When used" data stops at Casting Delay: 40.

Items having a short school list (such as Dragon spells and Bloodmage spells) display correctly for "When Used" data.

In the case of the Blood Bolt spell the addition of Scorn tech results in gibberish for the "Target Effect" entry in the "When Used" listing. This is not an issue unique to this Blight Client release and has been referred to in earlier posts on this board (not sure this specific tech has been referenced but the generic effect on several techs has).

Knossos

Could you please submit a support ticket with a screenshot of the problem? - attention Yfelvik. I've tried to reproduce and don't see the truncated view. Once I've reproduced, I'll hand it over to the developers with specific instructions and I'm sure they can figure it out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    Could you please submit a support ticket with a screenshot of the problem? - attention Yfelvik. I've tried to reproduce and don't see the truncated view. Once I've reproduced, I'll hand it over to the developers with specific instructions and I'm sure they can figure it out quickly.
    My observations were made running the Client 385.7 on live shard Order. If there would be different results when running that client on Blight there is no reason to proceed further at this time. When the Client 385.7 reaches Live shards at some point (if not during pending application of Blight Deltas to Live , then at a later time), I will be pleased to submit a support ticket should the phenomenon persist through those events.

Knossos

Hi Knossos - there would be no difference between Blight and Order for this issue. This problem sounds very much like the previous buffer issue. I'm pretty sure there's enough time to get a fix in with the current client, as the developers said they want the 385.7 client on Blight to stay there for at least another week. If you can help me reproduce, then I'll be sure to have a clear example for the devs.

Thank you - Yfelvik

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    Hi Knossos - there would be no difference between Blight and Order for this issue. This problem sounds very much like the previous buffer issue. I'm pretty sure there's enough time to get a fix in with the current client, as the developers said they want the 385.7 client on Blight to stay there for at least another week. If you can help me reproduce, then I'll be sure to have a clear example for the devs.

Thank you - Yfelvik
    Ticket 18358 submitted.

Knossos

Server: Blight, Client 385.8

If a item has only few "usable by" schools all seem to be fine (except the customize appearance of the items still isn't working for me):

If items have a lot of "usable by" schools it shows now the schools, but the requirements and hoard information getting truncated:

Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

The item customizarion is broke on some items, not on others. Staff customizations seem to work (tested making all 3 variations of cedar staff), while a Large Steel axe I crafted recently where I made 2 versions, one with 1/2 1/2 for handle/blade, the second with 2/2 2/2 for the handle/blade, and they looked identical.

Not every weapon is broken for customizations, but a LOT are. Be nice if this would get fixed, along with adding some of the old versions of staff modifications back, that we used to be able to use but cannot any longer.

It might be that the expert or master forms are broken for customization, while the older forms such as the jman are not. I cannot test that since my un-needed beginner and jman forms have all long since been deleted, having filled my formula book not long ago.

Also, the preview window for the weapon, in the modification window, displays no preview at all. So I was having to craft multiple items, labeling them 1/1, 3/3, etc. just to see which customization number looked like what.

Linked weapons are also not pre-viewing either, I had to equip everything to see it.
    Last edited by Guaran; October 19th, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

The weapon tricking is still broken for me (since some years), I can't see any of the weapons, it's all black.
    Last edited by Terao; October 19th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I've updated the internal work ticket on the item creation preview with the screenshots / information. This is great information and much appreciated. I'm not sure where the tricking preview sits on the priority list, but more information is always good.

A new client release is out shortly, so going to close this thread. Link to new thread.

For clarity of status, the new client doesn't have a fix for the text or item preview picture (yet).

Thank you for the feedback.

Default Client 385.7

The amount of crashes is less, but I seem to hanging while porting / recalling more.
    It just freezes, the moving dots in the bottom status stop, and must manually close it, so it gives no opportunity to send a log.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Thread Information