Thread: Average pay per unit for builders?

Question Average pay per unit for builders?

I'd like to add a table of average prices per unit Tier I-VI that is payed for builders to the ISTARIA WIKI, that's why I'd like to know what did you take or pay per unit? Thanks for your help.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Average pay per unit for builders?

For dragon-lairshaping work, I pay 1s per placed unit per tier (so 1s at T1, 2s at T2, etc.). I think that was about the rate I worked for when I used to do that, too.

Not sure on biped construction. Considering the differences between crafting complexity and the average numbers of units to build structures, I might do 250–500c per placed unit per tier. Looked around at some forum posts about this sort of thing, but numbers are all over the place.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I'm not sure I'm the best source since I'm so new... but what I've been doing for construction has varied between 350 cp and 5 sp per unit on biped plots. Ideally, what I'm looking for (as a builder) is 500 copper to 1 silver per tier per placed unit.

Yildar

A few years ago, when construction was more commonly a thing to be hired for, the pay was 1/1.5 silver per applied unit per tier. So blocks and such were 1s, and keystones and such were 1.5 for T1. 2/2.5 for T2 and so on.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

I figured out long ago if you want something done quickly or even at all, make it worth the builder's effort.

Generally I will pay anywhere between 5-10s per unit placed, depending on many things including Tier, skill required, amount of work to be done, and how generous/grumpy I'm feeling.

If I know the builder doing the work and they've done a good job for me before, I may slip them a few extra silver.

Thank you for your answers, I may dig a bit in the forum too. Doesn't seem to be that easy with such a wide range of prices 1s-10s.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

The rules of supply and demand apply to some extent here. If demand for building craft work is higher than supply the price goes up. A second factor is that if the building work gives exp for current level of the building crafter he may settle for exp only or lower coin payment. It is a bit like prices posted on the consigner - it is more like ebay than kmart.

Knossos.

I think the average is around 0,5 -1,5 p/t
    depending on 15 or 20 needed, the travelcost - proximity of resources / travelcost (free portal or not)

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information