Thread: New to Istaria!

Default New to Istaria!

Hello! I'm new to Istaria, and from the looks of it, I'm really going to enjoy it. I'm eager to meet new people, and hopefully a mentor. Leveling alone is fairly dull in my opinion, so I will probably be looking to join a guild soon if anyone has suggestions. Being a part of a dragon family also sounds fun, if anyone's looking for a hatchie.

I haven't actually started yet because I'm not completely sure which server would be best for a new dragon. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone! :)

Default Re: New to Istaria!

There are two servers you consider: Order and Chaos

The basic difference between them is player population and roleplay.
    Order is generally the rp shard..as such, it's generally played on for those who enjoy roleplay. However it's a significantly smaller population than Chaos, where rp generally isn't "enforced" (i don't like to use that word since it isn't really "enforced" on order either but, you get the idea), and also has a larger population.

Whichever shard you choose, good luck!
    And should you choose order, i'll certainly be able to assist you there!

Welcome, Honovi I'm a relatively new player myself (especially compared to some of the veterans here), my dragon being about a half-year old now. I've only experienced the Order shard, as I enjoy role-playing, and I can only tell you that there are a number of extremely helpful dragons and others of the Living Races who are willing to assist a young hatchie (I'm sure that there are just as many on Chaos!). If you do decide on Order, be sure to give me a shout. And, have fun!
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

I've about as new as Tondargaet, except I joined Chaos shard because I'm not a fan of role-playing. But Tond's assumption about Chaos is correct, there are a lot of people willing to offer advice and assistance in certain situations. Come back when you decide which shard you're heading to and let us know!
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

*serves Honovi some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*

Welcome home! :-)

Thanks so much for replying guys! I've decided to go with the Chaos shard for now since I haven't done a whole lot of role playing in the past. I have a little dragon named Arktos, and I've already met several nice people. I hope to see you guys in-game sometime. :)

Blog Entries

welcome to chaos then you wont see me till i get a new comp but thats not reazlly a problem for me imnon the forums every now and then i hope to see you when i can get back on
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

Thread Information