Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Epic Loot (Implemented)

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Epic Loot

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I appreciate all of your feedback. I wanted to let you know that work on this system is underway. Along those lines, Epic Bosses are being divided into two types - Greater and Lesser.

Greater: Valkor, Reklar, SoG, and Shaloth.
    Lesser: Daknor, Fafnir, Gruk and Surtheim.

Are there any others you would consider "epic" that might fit the Lesser category?

Some other possibilities: Avatar of Pain, Zhaguxal (Colossal Scorpion), Spirit of Dralnok, Elial, Rift Guardians.
    Zhaguxal = Yes
    Dralnok = No
    Elial = Yes
    the fiery rift thingy (sorry can't remember its name) = possible??
    Greater and lesser blight anchors = Possibles?

the only reason i would say no to the other rift guardians is that make epics too common and are they reallly epic any longer?

I would say no to Surtheim, Gruk, Dralnok and Zhaguxal. - going under the assumption I'm not wrong and Gruk is that uber-pygmy similar to Furahrage >_> Barring pulling surrounding mobs (and even then...) I can waddle to any of those mobs and kill them alone on a dragon on a dragon in armor scales without techs specifically geared towards fighting that mob.

Yes to Elial! He's the only one who gives me trouble in the Rift

*prods Arzy* Guardian of Rage - I'd say he's strong enough to be lesser, as is the lesser anchor. Stick the Greater anchor with Valkor and them.

Also, any chance of buffs to Reklar's Tail scale? It's not even like the Talon anymore where I'd use it in a certain situation - I'd never use it, because any scale with the Grand Magus tech kit is far superior.

Avatar of Pain...never battled him, so no comment.

I'd disagree with Zhaguxal, he is very possible to solo with a dragon (in fact, I might have been an adult when I soloed him for the Breath of Acid quest), and "epic" mobs should not be soloable.

I agree about no for Dralnok, he's a pushover.

Elial...doesn't Lantenal only give a certain amount of tokens for bipeds to enter his portal to Peak of Storms? Which would mean this greatly excludes bipeds from hunting him? Doesn't really seem fair.

Fiery rift thingy...the Guardian of Rage? Possibly as a lesser.

Anchors...agreed, those are pretty much ignored unless someone is on the Unsung Heroes quest.

-Edit-
    @Alisto: Gruk is the named Aegror...Gruk the Frigid. Not someone I ever try to mess with solo, and is actually a mob that has been considered epic (afaik) since it came out.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Quote Originally Posted by Cilok View Post
    and "epic" mobs should not be soloable.
    well working on that theory Guardian of rage is no then since i know atleast one dragon to have solo'd him

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    well working on that theory Guardian of rage is no then since i know atleast one dragon to have solo'd him
    I was unsure of that, which is why I said "possibly" in my response.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

No to Zhaguxal and Surtheim (can be killed in 2 GRs..)
    Yes to the rest.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Are there any others you would consider "epic" that might fit the Lesser category?

Some other possibilities: Avatar of Pain, Zhaguxal (Colossal Scorpion), Spirit of Dralnok, Elial, Rift Guardians.
    I think Gruk does belong in the lesser category. Elial can go in as well, if he is unstunnable. Rift Guardians could likely be counted as lesser as well. This would be good to encourage help on rift runs, if the guardians dropped tokens that could be split up among the group.

I agree that to qualify to be an EPIC the mob can not be soloed , but they must also be available to everyone to hunt .. so unless the rift gets open to everyone ( bipeds included) any mob in the rift SHOULD NOT be considered an Epic .

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    I agree that to qualify to be an EPIC the mob can not be soloed , but they must also be available to everyone to hunt .. so unless the rift gets open to everyone ( bipeds included) any mob in the rift SHOULD NOT be considered an Epic .
    That is very good point. But Elial at least can be also found on PoS so i think you can include him as Lesser.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    That is very good point. But Elial at least can be also found on PoS so i think you can include him as Lesser.
    My concern with that, though, is about biped attuning to Lantenal's portal to get to Peak of Storms. Doesn't Lantenal only give 4 tokens per RoP ascension, therefore limiting bipeds' access to PoS and Elial? Or is there another way I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    Bipeds in the rift? No.

The guardians are only available when an adult is on the quest. It's not like dragons would be just farming the rift guardians. I still think they should be included in the lesser category.

I think adding tokens tl the rift guardians would take too much away from the quest itself. Some poor adult wantig to get their big butt and people are distributing loot....bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Bipeds in the rift? No.
    then its simple rift guardians shouldn't be epics

I agree with all this except Surtheim. He's far too easy to be considered epic as he stands right now, but I DO think it'd be fun to see him and Zhaguxal as epics...might be fun to play around with buffing them!

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    I think adding tokens tl the rift guardians would take too much away from the quest itself. Some poor adult wantig to get their big butt and people are distributing loot....bah.
    I'd have to agree with this. If there were Epic monsters only accessible to bipeds then that might justify having the Rift monsters as Epics, but seeing as that isn't so, I think they should be ARoP quest-only monsters...plus I can just see that turning out to be an ascending Adult group vs hunt group brawl :/
    -Watford, Chaos Shard

Well, when a mob is required for a racial ability (Zhaguxal for Breath of Acid) or to enter an area for a race (Surtheim), I don't feel they should be epic mobs, unless like Shaloth it is something that is required for all races. Making both those mobs epic is a serious slap to dragons, essentially saying "you need to fight these 2 epics to get a racial ability or access to a whole crafting school, but bipeds don't have a similar requirement like that".

Ok, folks, this whole thread has gotten grossly off-topic and the repeated posts expressing an opinion about whether a particular mob should or should not be on the list has gotten out of hand.

I've deleted a number of posts as people were just repeating their opinion and getting the thread off topic. If you've expressed your thoughts on what mobs should or should not be on the list once, let it go. The Forum Rules clearly state this. :)

We now return you to your regular thread about Epic Loot. :)

Any word on when epic items themselves will receive some love? Reklar's tail scale isn't even good in a specific situation anymore. Before, it was a decent choice between a t5 power/focus scale and the tail scale. Now it's not.
    Last edited by Alisto; May 22nd, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Any word on when epic items themselves will receive some love? Reklar's tail scale isn't even good in a specific situation anymore. Before, it was a decent choice between a t5 power/focus scale and the tail scale. Now it's not.
    *Shameless bump*

The system sounds like it would work Amon; however I would just like to bring up a point. Do you think it would be a good idea to make the tokens Tiered? Then you could catorgorize the difficulty of the "so called epics" into Tiers. The tiered token would only be able to buy Tiered items within that tier. Valkor T6 (drops Tier 6 token), Surthium (drops Tier 5 token), Shiar (drops Tier 4 token) ect...

This would give some of the lower level players a chance at some things that maybe might not be as good as a mace of divine intervention or a demon blood battle axe but better than anything player made for that level.
    Thank you,
    -Kor

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    The system sounds like it would work Amon; however I would just like to bring up a point. Do you think it would be a good idea to make the tokens Tiered? Then you could catorgorize the difficulty of the "so called epics" into Tiers. The tiered token would only be able to buy Tiered items within that tier. Valkor T6 (drops Tier 6 token), Surthium (drops Tier 5 token), Shiar (drops Tier 4 token) ect...

This would give some of the lower level players a chance at some things that maybe might not be as good as a mace of divine intervention or a demon blood battle axe but better than anything player made for that level.
    Thank you,
    -Kor
    No, actually, I don't. I think something of this sort would be better handled by a similar, but separate system that involved "bosses" and named mobs at lower levels. This system, however, is entirely intended to focus on the Epics themselves. Valkor, SoG, Daknor, Fafnir, etc.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information