Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blight Delta 255

Default Re: Blight Delta 255

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    They are "event" items, and thus should all be attune on equip. So that is behaving correctly.

My guess is that it consuming itself has to do with the same bug that Marynah posted about where spells consume themselves, as there's nothing different about the cudgel. So, while you are still seeing the same behavior as you posted about a year ago, it actually is due to something in the game client, and thus something new.
    I do not believe that is correct. The item consuming itself was the same bug that the Boar's Hide Mask had 3 or 4 years ago, when it had first been modified to be attune on equip, as well as require being equipped to be used. This is the behavior the Exceptional Arthridgel Forest Cudgel has been exhibiting for a year (maybe longer). The bugged Exceptional version had some portion of the Boars' Mask database entry copied onto it. And when they happened it also inherited the self consuming bug. This is a long time bug that is unrelated to spells consuming themselves on blight, which sounds like a cross between useable scrolls of those spells and the spells themselves.

BrokenExceptionalArthridgelForestCudgel.jpg

Recycle should not be Repeating. See the priceless for how a correctly set up Arthridgel cudgel should look.
    It has same armor as BHM, and no weapon attack damage range. BHM item has been partially copied onto this item, bugging it and also giving it the self consuming bug.

Yep, you are correct. They are not the same bug, and Amon thinks he got the one with the cudgel fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Sorry about the "zz" in front... existing instances of items shouldn't have updated, but they did for some reason. I've modified those which are obsolete to now have a (Legacy) in front of their name. Research Assistant and other emblems like it are obsolete and thus won't be udpated...
    Why will they not be updated? The list of obsolete emblems has to be pretty short..They should all be converted.

They aren't being converted because they are obsolete. It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by Velea; February 15th, 2014 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    They aren't being converted because they are obsolete. It's as simple as that.
    How are they obsolete? I still wear mine, they still function. Just because no new ones are in game doesn't mean these are not in existence and utilized by many in the playerbase.

I would as the dev's to reconsider.

Also, I am curious, how many Emblems are there that are considered as "Obsolete"?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    How are they obsolete? I still wear mine, they still function. Just because no new ones are in game doesn't mean these are not in existence and utilized by many in the playerbase.

I would as the dev's to reconsider.

Also, I am curious, how many Emblems are there that are considered as "Obsolete"?
    Well you can't get them anymore, meaning no one new is going to get them, meaning that with the leave of some players it means things can fade out completely, meaning work on them would be useless, it also means you could be doing work on something that may not be used anyway. Don't know the complications.
    I'd think the legacy emblems should be updated, as a sort of, better loyalty reward (you were old enough to get them and still have them...)

Primal Vengeance and alike are also obsolete, but take a look at how many people still have scales with it and use them often
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Woah... yea. weird. The spells didn't change so I suspect its something on the server. Letting tech know.
    It's not just Teir I spells. My Teir II spells vanished, as well, so possibly all the spells are bugged? It would be nice to not sacrifice my teched spells.

Also, Gift of Health stuck around. :S Strange.

Since Emblem abilities are being worked on, can The Riddle Solver be updated and in line with all the new (old) emblems? i.e, not fade after 2 minutes.

It was a bug that it faded after 2 min. That's been fixed, as has the pink "head asset".
    Last edited by Velea; March 11th, 2014 at 06:15 PM.

There's a bug with Scorpion Slayer emblem. It doesn't give the ability, and it clogs up the combat queue's. Can't use any abilities or spells after attempting to use Scorpion Slayer, but clicking stop action several times clears the queue's, and you can use spells and abilities after that.

Fixed

After obtaining Expert Crystalshaper from Aratanosh, she continues to offer the Crystalshaper quest.
    Last edited by Velea; March 11th, 2014 at 06:39 PM.

[

• Quests from which players obtained new emblems will remain the same, they will earn an emblem and have to "Use" that item to earn the ability. This is so that no existing quest needs to be restarted, as many required a repeated action by players.
    At least with me the quest reward was instantly the ability. I got nothing to use

I may have updated a couple quests before realizing that some may have a quest active and not want it restarted. But in general, the rule should hold. If there's a specific quest that you want me to look at, name it and I will.
    Last edited by Velea; March 11th, 2014 at 06:11 PM.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Based upon discussions with players regarding the experience of new (Tier 1 and 2) players in the game we have undertaken a revamp of the gear and spells available to players in the first two tiers. The goal of this change was to improve the enjoyment of the game for new players, particularly those who might wish to do a lot of solo play.
    I applaud this change! Kudos to the team

However ... I copied Deestiny to Blight and played her on Tuesday. I couldn't help but notice that many of the trainers in NT still only give out Training tools. Was this an oversight to the revamp? Training tools with level cap of 50 are really worthless
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

No, it was not an oversight. "Gear" meaning adventuring gear. Sorry that wasn't clearer.

Tools you still have to craft yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Since Emblem abilities are being worked on, can The Riddle Solver be updated and in line with all the new (old) emblems? i.e, not fade after 2 minutes.
    oh yeah, there's another bug with Riddle Solver, puts a pink box on biped head when you use it. says "No Asset" :

Riddle Solver Bug.jpg

Fixed
    Last edited by Velea; March 11th, 2014 at 06:10 PM.

Just a thought on the T1 spell/equipment changes of availability.

I think it's a great idea, although.. I would remark that removing the blighted stuff, or even refurbished, from drop tables may be unnecessary. It could help fill out the slots a new character hasn't managed to fill up due to coin but, moreso, I always thought the blighted items had an interestingly wide variety of random and special statistics and effects on them! It was fun hunting around the lower area's skeletons to see if you could get some neat blighted item that happened to have a snappy effect.

I think adding some more NPC-available stuff is an unfortunate necessity, though it does also stymie lowbie crafters a bit. Crafting is already something of an undertaking if you aren't a real big crafting buff, worse yet when the first couple tears are all vendor-buyable (ignoring, of course, techs, which I realize are somewhat the bread and butter and will still draw!) but it may keep a few totally new players from bothering once they realize it's just purchasable. That said, I think it's a great idea none the less.

I realize Istaria is trying to straddle the line between its roots and the newer-age of MMO's being solo/small group/self sufficiency friendly, and therefore there's only so much you guys can really even do. In any case, I think having some more basic gear available is by no means an overstep, but I also think the blighted stuff adding some interesting flavor to certain types of mobs for a bit of farming and slaughtering, just to see what you might get.

Thread Information