Thread: noobie questions

Default noobie questions

Tanzoon looks like a ghost town. It is such a beautiful city, why so unpopulated?

Which town/city consignor do the players use the most? Chaos and Order, if it is different.

Are all of the crafting recipes bought with silver now? If so, does that mean the consignment quest NPC's have been removed?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Default Re: noobie questions

There are a bunch of NPCs in Tazoon, but, since most of them are indoors and since the city is so huge, it really does look like a ghost town...wish there was a way to populate it, even if it was just "scenery."

On Order, the only Consigners that seem to be used are the ones at New Trismus and Aughendell; NT usually has a reasonable selection of T1 and T2 stuff, while Aughendell is usually fairly-well stocked with T4 and T5 goodies...the Connie in Bristugo appears to have been forgotten.

The crafting recipes that are available from vendors/consigners can only be purchased with copper or silver coin, depending on the Tier; the exception to this (and, there may be others) are the Master Formula, for which you need Imperial Rank Tokens.

I can't speak to anything on Chaos shard, as I've actually never been on it
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

On Chaos, the connies are NT, Brist, and Guild: Clearport.

Not all of the craft formulas are on the vendors/trainers. There are many formulas which are drop items only. Cega's site at istariareference.com is a good spot to look which formulas are available on the trainers/vendors. If it isn't listed there, then the formula is a drop item.
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

On chaos, the consigners used are New Trismus, Bristugo and Clearport. I don't recall there was any sort of organisation, so you may or may not find various teir stuff on all.

Formulae are either brought or drop only!
    But no need to worry there - money can be eaisly gained by selling oddities.

There are no more consignment quests, only rank token quests for master forms.

Thanks guys/gals, for the information.

Just to add a bit more to Chaos connies: NT is the most used connie, there is some mid-tier stuff on a plot's T4 connie in Brist (next to the landing pad), Aug has stuff randomly show up on it, but is usually not used. Clearport connie is the most reliable for reaping potions of all tiers, epic weapons/parts, and specialty things made by Guaran.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Another question. If I am doing a craft like, gatherer for instance, and I'm chopping cedar trees, what do I do with all the boards I make? The vault space isn't really enough to hoard them until a craft change. Seems like a waste to destroy them.

You could try changing to another school, blacksmith or fletcher for example, and make wood tools. Otherwise, find a friend to lend you a silo or few. Selling them to a PB can net you some coin. There's another possible trick involving a consigner, but since it's more of a design flaw, I don't think the forums are the best place to discuss it (ask around in game, most people are aware of the consigner-to-vault trick, it'll just hugely overburden your vault).

PS. I'm pretty sure Tazoon and the surrounding desert are part of this year's revamp along with the Western Deadlands, if I remember correctly from the Developer's Desk email.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information