Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Knight of Creation

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Knight of Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    No. Play Ranger.

Ranger erryting in this game. Any other school sucks. What a waste to 278 it was.
    Maybe you have some constructive suggestions to help make the journey more worthwhile?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    -wouldn't it be cool if....KNOC could Summon demons to assist in the fight of that particular mob for a certain amount of time, the higher your level the more demons summoned to assist.
    This is sort of like what the Shining Blades spell does. Too bad the damage is really weak for something supposedly "epic". If they upped the damage about 5x, would be awesome.

-wouldn't it be cool if....KNOC could Summon itself to teleport short distances to assist in evading.
    Hmm, interesting. Not sure how such a thing could work with the game's technology, if your character was supposed to teleport short distances or something... Seems like functionally it would be similiar to monks' Foresight ability. Which is ok I guess, but something new and different might be more fun. No idea is coming immediately to mind in that regard.

I like your first suggestion better, as is seems more "summoner - creationer" aligned.

A few more knoc abilities that could be implemented as spells, that work similiar to Shining Blades, could possibly accomplish this task of "summoning" helpers. I wonder if it's possible for something to be summoned using the games spell tech, that would create an effect lasting 10 seconds or so... doing damage in 4 or 5 ticks... The effect could land as an AOE or single target dot on the mob (a few versions of each would be cool), with a spell-like "visible" effect that would appear to spawn some helpers doing the damage. I think this could work, and create a decent illusion of spawning temporary battle helpers, with the game's existing tech. Could use spells or abilities to accomplish it. If it was implemented as abilities, there could be say 5 tiers of the ability. Each successive tier adds a tick to the Dot. So the tier 1 ability would be a single tick dot (with high damage, and absolutely no stacking issues with other dots), tier 2 version would be same damage but 2 ticks, etc.

Hardest part of the above suggestion might be coming up with models to use for the summoned attackers. But some red, fire colored wolves (not the zombie ish ones like fiery dires, but more flame looking, and not with torn/rotting skin) could be used, summoned from the plane of fire, for one of the dots (the aoe one). So that's just a re-textured model of existing models that have their own animation. Some sprucing up of the animations would be cool too :) For the single target version, maybe summon a ghost giant, recolored to be more blu-ish (think the blue color of nyasana, dragon out on peak of storms that you talk to when doing the khutit quest), and his lore could be tied into Mahagra, or that ice fortress between Kirasanct and Mahagra. Seems like a good area for some fun quests to send players to. Some others that could be used might be the spirit form vexators, summoned from the rift, or maybe a re-colored golem of some kind, the smaller ones out in Char along the coast, maybe resize them down a bit, tweak the colors.

Like I said, a bit of imagination and the existing tech can be tweaked into doing new things (example: see Pets)

Sorry, i just can't see summoning spells like Shining Blades being part of the knoc's arsenal. the keyword in the school name is Knight. to me that means arms and armor. There is another school devoted to summoning spells, but that is for another thread.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Sorry, i just can't see summoning spells like Shining Blades being part of the knoc's arsenal. the keyword in the school name is Knight. to me that means arms and armor. There is another school devoted to summoning spells, but that is for another thread.
    Yep likewise it seems it should be more melee based, So I can't help wondering why you weakened one of their main abilities.

Yes, please undo the change to Blessing of Istaria; turn it into a 'gift of' if wish?
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Yes, please undo the change to Blessing of Istaria; turn it into a 'gift of' if wish?
    Ohh Good call :) +1 this idea

I was just throwing ideas out there is all. Thank you Guaran for liking one of them. You put in a lot of time to attempt to help, and I appreciated that. I liked it. for sake of friendly arguement for those who don't think of the KNOC as anything but armor and swords it is a summoning type class. Mage is a flame summoner sort of speak and Knoc is a sword/shield summoner and of course Conjurer I know...but if you don't want the Knoc to summon mobs of some sorts to fight your enemy, which is a really cool idea, then I guess you can summon up some knives and swords as a visual to help your fight. Then you can have your way and mine, all while sprucing up your otherwise boring class.

I was just throwing ideas out there is all. Thank you Guaran for liking one of them. You put in a lot of time to attempt to help, and I appreciated that. I liked it. for sake of friendly arguement for those who don't think of the KNOC as anything but armor and swords it is a summoning type class. Mage is a flame summoner sort of speak and Knoc is a sword/shield summoner and of course Conjurer I know...but if you don't want the Knoc to summon mobs of some sorts to fight your enemy, which is a really cool idea, then I guess you can summon up some knives and swords as a visual to help your fight. Then you can have your way and mine, all while sprucing up your otherwise boring class.
    I loved the class as it was.. the proposed changes we just icing on the cake. but then we got that ability change and wham they are ruining a nice but certainly not overpowered class..

The sad thing is there simply aren't enough of us KNoC's out there that can make this seem like a big deal if they had made this change to Determination or Primal Roar the community would react like its the end of the world. But since its just the knoc's who cares right?

When I think of Knoc. I think of creation, arms and armor. To me that screams this thing should be a go to for livability. Blessings out the wazoo, armor, and such. If you want to keep it in line with the others(chsw - crush and energy, battle mage - slash and fire(mostly) energy) why not have it lean more towards ice? add in some more pierce over slash and you have a different class all together as well as having re purposed spears!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooolios View Post
    When I think of Knoc. I think of creation, arms and armor. To me that screams this thing should be a go to for livability. Blessings out the wazoo, armor, and such. If you want to keep it in line with the others(chsw - crush and energy, battle mage - slash and fire(mostly) energy) why not have it lean more towards ice? add in some more pierce over slash and you have a different class all together as well as having re purposed spears!
    Livablity, Blessings, armour... All big yes's however spears, peircing weapons.. no

and again i ask please reconsider altering with blessing of istara lowering to 1 min is a waste of time
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

wasn't there a KNoC centered epic spell that basicly was 2 giant magic blades slashing about, is that still around or gone just like the demon gate spell...thing?
    It wasn't specificly for KNoC possibly, but it did scream KNoC to me.

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    wasn't there a KNoC centered epic spell that basicly was 2 giant magic blades slashing about, is that still around or gone just like the demon gate spell...thing?
    That's shining blades and no it's not gone, it's however weak, my teched Fiery Strike V spell has the same damage in the discription and does way more + has a chance to do double damage. But the effect is still nice, sad you can't multicast it however, might've done some damage then.

As for the reason it screamed KNoC, in the lore that guy was a legendary KNoC but he died and for the quest you bind his spirit to a piece of armor and summon him to help you.

You can find this quest in aughundell from Joggler Snimms. It requires 750 summoning skill to see the quest afaik.
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Quote Originally Posted by flamefeniks View Post
    That's shining blades and no it's not gone, it's however weak, my teched Fiery Strike V spell has the same damage in the discription and does way more + has a chance to do double damage. But the effect is still nice, sad you can't multicast it however, might've done some damage then.

As for the reason it screamed KNoC, in the lore that guy was a legendary KNoC but he died and for the quest you bind his spirit to a piece of armor and summon him to help you.

You can find this quest in aughundell from Joggler Snimms. It requires 750 summoning skill to see the quest afaik.
    Oh man I definately have to get it then as soon as I start leveling my ped again...which...is propably a ways off...but baby steps!
    Anyway, yeah, Summoning and Life are the main "skills" that really feel like KNoC to me (that and armor use+1 handed slash), and some more stuff in that region would definately spice up the class.

However, I've never really felt like playing KNoC, so I don't really know it's downsides, but just throwing my 2 cents in. :)

*grumbles that demon gate or whatever it was called should still be put back in*

Shining blades. yes there is. but it has some major isues for str vs other epics

Right behind you when you're not looking!

*grumbles that demon gate or whatever it was called should still be put back in*
    I agree. :D
    I think it's called Soul Gate though, but an epic spell for KNoC would be where he summons that one demon that unleashes a massive ball of energy, but that's my oppinion, would love to see both available though haha! :)
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Maybe you have some constructive suggestions to help make the journey more worthwhile?
    Yes sir.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...of-Istara-1-30

This school, though war/mage derived, stems from lore that is in tune more with summoning/life. It's a Knight of Creation. Ryson Stormbringer is it. Plus you've an epic spell in tune with binding an entity to an item. Conjuration/Summoning aka Creation!

Should evaluate the already known issues (Blessing of Istara, Banish Armor) and possibly revamp the summoned weapon/shield line as mentioned before to align more with disciplines and skills not covered by BTLM.

A great start would be to look into the KNOCs bread and butter, it's sword and shield line. Allow customization into this. This alone would tap heavily into summoning and improve it's backdrop and overall character. This school screams WAR/CONJ hybrid.

... look into Shining Blades. Epic spells are some of the most entertaining quests in game. It's too bad the reward is crap. This needs to be re-evaluated and set to a truly epic tier scale. Damage is hosed. Shining Blades can be CONJ/KNOC. It is a hybrid after all. CONJ should have abilities that synergize to enhance the damage possibly, sure, but KNOC should still get a stab at it. You're compensating the utility of these hybrid prestigious schools with low skill gains, thereby requiring the player to not only level the prestigious school but the supporting schools as well. It takes a lot of work to set some of these schools up.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Yes sir.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...of-Istara-1-30

This school, though war/mage derived, stems from lore that is in tune more with summoning/life. It's a Knight of Creation. Ryson Stormbringer is it. Plus you've an epic spell in tune with binding an entity to an item. Conjuration/Summoning aka Creation!

Should evaluate the already known issues (Blessing of Istara, Banish Armor) and possibly revamp the summoned weapon/shield line as mentioned before to align more with disciplines and skills not covered by BTLM.

A great start would be to look into the KNOCs bread and butter, it's sword and shield line. Allow customization into this. This alone would tap heavily into summoning and improve it's backdrop and overall character. This school screams WAR/CONJ hybrid.

... look into Shining Blades. Epic spells are some of the most entertaining quests in game. It's too bad the reward is crap. This needs to be re-evaluated and set to a truly epic tier scale. Damage is hosed. Shining Blades can be CONJ/KNOC. It is a hybrid after all. CONJ should have abilities that synergize to enhance the damage possibly, sure, but KNOC should still get a stab at it. You're compensating the utility of these hybrid prestigious schools with low skill gains, thereby requiring the player to not only level the prestigious school but the supporting schools as well. It takes a lot of work to set some of these schools up.
    Yes.. yes.. yes.. yes..!! All great suggestions

The thing that has struck me over the last year or so this has been debated is we still have had NO improvement.. we got smacked by the gnerf bat! the summoning school is very very lacking.. and shining blades is also very underwhelming for an "epic" spell. yes ok its usable at level 75 but its also the "uber" spell of the summoning line.

Summoning spell line ideas..

Sprites of retribution - DOT random elemental damage determined upon casting (looks like the relevant elemental engulf animation)

Meteor - nuke - short range Large AOE

etc etc

Here are some of the ideas we've been working on for improving the Knight of Creation school. Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated.

* Create non-masterable summoned 2-handed swords called Claymores - 5 Tiers
    * Create non-masterable summoned 1-handed axes called Hand-Axe - 5 Tiers
    * Created non-masterable buff abilities that only modify summoned items

Conjure Weapon Enhancements:
    • of Fire - Flaming effect - +Fire Damage / %Chance to give DoT
    • of Ice - Frozen effect - +Ice Damage / %Chance to Slow
    • of Energy - Lightning effect - +Energy Damage / %Chance to Mez
    • of Blessing - +Damage Vs Undead / %CHance to buff Max Health
    • of Spirit - Spirit effect - +Drain Life
    • Conjure Shield Enhancements (5 Tiers of Each)
    • of Resilience - +Armor / %Chance to buff Physical Resistances on Hit
    • of Deflection - +Block / %Chance to Heal on Hit
    • of the Ether - Ethereal Armor / %Chance to become immune to next attack
    • of Spikes - Damage Shield

Those sound very interesting.

of Blessing, damage vs undead could have a radiant tinted effect. Like a brighter version of the blue-ish ice/frozen effect.

Spirit effect could be the dark purple like spirit bolt looks.

YESSSSSSSSS

All of the above sounds good ...

Mind you, Blessing of Istara would need to be revamped if we're throwing in multiple supported summoned weapons. Perhaps straight attribute bonuses instead of 1hs and shield?

Also, should be a buff not a gift (none of the above).
    rip

Thread Information