Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Knight of Creation

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Knight of Creation

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    From what I can see it's more that it's still about summoning (after all, you have to summon your gear still I'd think)
    You don't "have" to summon your gear. you just have the ability to do so. And i realize that going overboard on summoning would be more worth using conjurerer for such things. Just unsure of making a summoning class into a summoning tanker.. it sounds well... a bit illogical. but I am still open to seeing how this plays out

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Another thought on KNOC summoned shield: because it's a magical summons, give it an extra block bonus vs. magical type attacks. Could also give the summoned sword a parry bonus vs. magical melee attacks. That would give KNOC a 'tank vs. magic' specialization.
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

Did anyone get chance to try KNOC after remake?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Yeah, though I only started and can't be bothered leveling it really. So far it's "ok" I like how you got a specialization, however if there's one thing I very much dislike is the fact that Shield Slam from the shield needs a "Blocked Attack" (buff you gain when succesfully blocking something), since I dodge 90% of the time, block 1% of the time and get hit the other 9% so far lol (low level mobs to test upon, so that might be influencing it too). Still disliking the buff, while in a way it IS nice as it makes it more interactive than just click abilities 1-9 and its dead, I really really dislike the 3 second timer. Sometimes by the time I noticed I blocked & want to use Shield Slam, the buff ran out and no Shield Slam.
    Other than the shield slam complaint, I like it so far, but as I've said, I've got no time to level it and check it out at later levels atm. So my 'feedback' is limited to what you start with.

A minor complaint would be the visuals, but I guess if this becomes the new KNOC, the visuals for it would be done too. As the scimitar isn't a scimitar (just a regular 1h sword) & the greatsword, is the exact same 1h sword. I believe when I played, it even got swung like one O.o
    But thats ignorable, since it doesn't affect gameplay really & I know it isn't a real priority. :)
    Last edited by flamefeniks; August 20th, 2017 at 12:53 AM.
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Wanted to elaborate on how the school turned out and to help those who might be interested in helping test it.

1) We turned the KnoC into a Tank school. That means it now comes with a few abilities that are designed to directly affect agro. One of the main new additions is an AoE ability called Battle Roar.

2) KnoC has specializations that allow you to summon a Scimitar (graphics pending), a Claymore or a Shield. Each specialization comes with its own set of abilities.

- Scimitar gives you Blinding Strike (lowers target's to-hit chance) and Mighty Blow (a stun).
    - Claymore gives you Wrathful Strike (lowers target's to-hit chance) and Heavy Blow (a stun).
    - Shield gives you Advanced Blocking (upon a successful block you gain a temporary buff), Shield Slam (taunt and stun) (consumes the temporary buff from blocking), Brandish (taunt and increases block chance against next attack), Defensive Wall (massive increase in blocking, reduces outgoing damage).

3) KnoC's also gained the following abilities:
    - Blessing of Istara - 1 Hour gift, gives bonuses to Parry, Block, Armor and Outgoing Damage.
    - Armor Stance - Massive increase to armor, reduces outgoing damage.
    - Absorption Shield - Temporary buff, absorbs all incoming damage while reducing outgoing damage. Fades after a number of hits or damage.
    - Deflection - A passive, chance on next successful block to receive a buff that increases outgoing damage of next attack.
    - Riposte - A passive, on successful parry, perform an automatic retaliatory attack back to the target with increased damage.

Hope this helps explain how the school works and what its features are. In addition, there are a couple quests obtained from the Demonte Seviris in Dalimond.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So far I am inpressed by what I see on KNoC. Though there are still some issues. I need to make new armors for him to fully test his ability to actually tank. I had a rough time just fighting T5 treants and such when using Roar. For him to be a tank, he will definity require a healer to be present when you are in heavy mob areas, let alone near a boss. I am not thrilled with the fact you need a lot of new hotkeys for each shield and sword you equip, as each gives you a different set of skills. You have to equip each item and hot key those new abilities before going into battle, so be fore warned. After equipping a sword or shield (specialized) new abilities will be available under the General Ability Tab, in case you are having trouble finding them (some passive, some not).

This will take some getting used to, but I will have to wait and see if they improve anything more. The ability Shield Slam, needs a bit more explanation or description. As it makes you wait for a "shield Blocking" to be available. I didn't know you had to sit and watch you Buff window till you see one pop-up. This is very distracting, as you can't watch your health, mob health and watch for a Blocking 1/1 to appear. Sometimes, there are just too many buffs on you to even see that one appear. Should be usable anytime, but maybe on a timer before reuse ???? I just can't sit watching my buff window, or making it so large that it takes up even more room on my screen, plus it only lasts about 3 seconds in which you have that time to use it? Make it save your point / points up to 5 would be a better solution. Sort of like making blood dolls.

This is just another blinding strike atm:
    - Claymore gives you Wrathful Strike (lowers target's to-hit chance) and Heavy Blow (a stun).

Brandish: (I don't understand)
    Effect brandish: +500 block bonus. Removed after 1 hit taken. Here's the problem, you can only cast it on enemy? why would you give +500 block bonus to enemy?? target yourself or another player and get message "invalid target"

Nice job so far, but a bit confusing if you aren't familiar with this setup. I have 2 alts with lvl 100 KNoC
    Last edited by Malicore; August 21st, 2017 at 04:16 PM.

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Brandish I've noticed is indeed only useable by being X meters from an enemy and targeting it, though it DOES NOT give the buff to the enemy, it gets applied onto you. Though I indeed find it rather weird why it has to select an enemy to use + it even pulls said enemy without doing any damage, I wonder if this is an agro pull ability too?

And for the abilities that change everytime you switch, you could make a layout for your KNOC, and at most, like really at most, you'll have around 15 hotkeybars, that's 5 more to fill up ;)
    so you could put 1h & shield onto hotkeybar X & Y, while 2h onto hotkeybar Z then when you switch, one will become grayed out, the ohter will become available :)
    Could also change through layouts... but doing that mid-fight seems not so smart (due to the freeze you experience).
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Quote Originally Posted by flamefeniks View Post
    Brandish I've noticed is indeed only useable by being X meters from an enemy and targeting it, though it DOES NOT give the buff to the enemy, it gets applied onto you. Though I indeed find it rather weird why it has to select an enemy to use + it even pulls said enemy without doing any damage, I wonder if this is an agro pull ability too?

And for the abilities that change everytime you switch, you could make a layout for your KNOC, and at most, like really at most, you'll have around 15 hotkeybars, that's 5 more to fill up ;)
    so you could put 1h & shield onto hotkeybar X & Y, while 2h onto hotkeybar Z then when you switch, one will become grayed out, the ohter will become available :)
    Could also change through layouts... but doing that mid-fight seems not so smart (due to the freeze you experience).
    This is what I already mentioned about needing more hotkeys, so you need to set all up by switching to each weapon, so you can have them all hotkeyed for when you change shield/sword so you always have them ready. Depends on how many other schools you have, (you mentioned tops 15 hotkey bars) I am already at 17 bars filled with abilities and spells I use all the time. so it's gonna be even more annoying to add another 2 bars for new abilities if I choose to play KNoC. Now I do see what you mean (Brandish) that the blocking does go onto yourself but the fact still remains, it should not require using on an enemy to activate it but thanks for informing me of this. Helpful to know. I can not keep watching my own buff window, it's too distracting when I need to watch health and such of myself and enemy, plus watching for additional adds in certain high traffic area's. All in all I do like the concept, it's a nice change, but a lot of fine tuning needs to be done first.

Literally needing to watch your buff window constantly, if you wish to use your shield slam is a complete nuisance. as you only have a total of 3 seconds to use your point if one appears. This is about the worst feature I've seen, needs to be changed as I mentioned in my first post

There are no plans to adjust how Shield Slam works. Its a neat mechanic and does require more active participation than many in Istaria are accustomed to. However, it is not an unknown mechanic in the MMO space as other games have similar reactive abilities. My suggestion would be:

1) Create a separate loadout if you are going to be playing KnoC so that your ability icons are front and center. If you switch to something else, change to a different loadout.

2) While playing KnoC, put your buffs window somewhere convenient so you'll notice it. We will have proper icons for the abilities so you can watch for that one in particular.

Thanks for the feedback to this point!

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

well, how about at least a few added seconds, so you can have "some" time to react. by the time I see it and find my hotkey, it's gone. 3 seconds isn't nearly enough time. Shield slam is nice add in. but pointless if you don't actually have a chance to use it

Otherwise, I am liking what I see. Nice changes and a lot more useful to this class now

I tried all three specializations. I liked the shield spec. The buff for the blocked attack was popping pretty often, I didn't see any issues with using that and shield slam.

I would suggest that one attack from each specialization was a guaranteed hit. Maybe the stun attack in each (including shield slam).

I didn't play too much with the abilities that are not part of the three specializations, so might not have noticed, but does one of the abilities draw aggro? Maybe since this will be a tank class now, there could be an aoe aggro, aoe intercept attack type abilities. Maybe even one that intercepts 100% of damage from a single target for x time. This would make for some interesting player tactics for some bosses.

battle roar is for aggro, and believe me, it grabs everything in sight :) There is also an ability called absorbtion shield (I believe) it gives you ability to save others from damage, or protect yourself from damage. does 30% of normal damage, removed after 2300 damage taken, duration 10 seconds
    Last edited by Malicore; August 25th, 2017 at 06:13 AM.

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

I've been trying out KnoC on my mid-20s KnoC/Conjurer. At that level it's pretty nice, definitely fun. With the stun (or a root from Ice) you can swap summoned weapons mid-combat. A big improvement over the old KnoC.
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

Sorry for the necroing of the thread, but I didn't really want to start a new thread for a simple question about the updated abilities for the KnoC. I'm currently coming off of a deployment and was thinking about Istaria and figured when I get home I'll re-sub and start playing again, I may even have a few people that will be interested in playing as well.

That being said I was reading up on the changes made to one of my favorite classes and had a quick question which I wanted some clarification on. Is it true that you can now only have one summoned item at a time? So I can no longer have a summoned shield and sword at the same time? From personal preference and a RP standpoint I always loved the fact that the KnoC could summon and wield both.

So if it is no longer the case, what happens when you say, have a normal shield equipped, and then summon the shield mid combat? Do you all of a sudden have no weapon in your hand now that you switched to the shield? Would a KnoC player who wants to switch during combat have to have all of his non-summoned weapons hot keyed to be equipped when they are inevitably unequipped by the summoned equipment?

Just curious, I couldn't find any solid answers on the wiki(s) or here on the forums that address this. Since I'm out of country I can't simply download it and play to find out :P

Glad to be back,
    -Quiiliitiila

Also, since I'm here, does the image from Recklar's Reclamation's cover art (shown below) accurately portray the new KnoC visuals? I'd be pretty stoked if it does. That glowing white sword and shield looks fantastic.

Reklars_Reclamation.jpg

Hi and welcome back! You can equip both a 1h weapon and shield, both summoned. There are specializations for both styles (1h and 2h).

Summoning an item while one is equipped should unequip the item.

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up, I'm really glad you can still summon both.

Two more quick questions; first, are there updated visuals? Or is the shield and sword the same as they used to be? (I tried linking the Reklar's Reclamation picture with what appeared to be a KnoC wielding a new sword and shield above but it didn't seem to work).

Secondly, the shield slam ability, is it merely a taunt and stun? Or does it do some damage? None of the wikis or reference sites have any of the new abilities listed, so I'm pretty starved of info. :)

I appreciate you taking the time to humor me and my questions!
    -Quiiliitiila

There aren't any updated visuals, sorry. Yes, Shield Slam does crush damage in addition to being a taunt/stun.

Awesome, thanks again for the clarification.

Is there any plan or plans in place to update the visuals? Pure curiosity at this point, I know it was a big suggestion earlier on when the re-vamp was being discussed initially.

Also, perhaps not the forum for it, but are there any plans for a Summoning school pass? That was also a big point when this was first being discussed.

I apologize if I'm being annoying, I'm quite literally waiting for the Army to let me go home at this point. Probably have a few weeks of thinking about how much I want to play without actually being able to. Talking on the forums is as close as I can get. :)

Not any concrete plans, sorry. Unless someone on the art team has free cycles and a burning desire to play with the effects editor.

Conjurer is on the schedule for this year I believe. You can find a Talk to the Team thread with the ideas we're working on.

Thread Information