Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Knight of Creation

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Knight of Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Of course sorry to seem impatient :D
    No worries. Unlike some of hte other school changes that have been discussed, this one would require a lot more work and planning so hasn't been put onto the board very high.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No worries. Unlike some of hte other school changes that have been discussed, this one would require a lot more work and planning so hasn't been put onto the board very high.
    heh... but this one would be so worth the effort :D

Any new ideas from the development team on this? I realize it's not a top priority because it would require more work, but I'm curious if there's even ANY internal discussion on the KNoC?

Keep us updated! I'm looking forward to seeing what ideas are liked/disliked, possibly used/not used.

-Q

Okay, been thinking about Knoc this morning... Here's some thoughts based upon what you've all said so far.

1) Leave the Summon Sword/Shield line alone.
    2) Create abilities that "modify" the Sword/Shield with temporary buffs that have certain effects. (not actual names, just some thoughts) Sword of Fire, Sword of Ice, Sword of Energy, Sword of Life, Sword of Death (Life-Drain), Shield of Deflection, Shield of Resilience, etc. Each would boost damage of that type and maybe have some appearance change (flaming sword, for example).

Doing #2 would let us create fewer abilities while still giving Knocs some improvements that help them overcome their lack of Sockets/Techs.

I know it was mentioned that true appearance changes would be nice... i.e. turning the sword into a spear. Sadly the client won't let us modify the geometry of an item on the fly. So we'll have to keep brainstorming ideas for that.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Okay, been thinking about Knoc this morning... Here's some thoughts based upon what you've all said so far.

2) Create abilities that "modify" the Sword/Shield with temporary buffs that have certain effects. (not actual names, just some thoughts) Sword of Fire, Sword of Ice, Sword of Energy, Sword of Life, Sword of Death (Life-Drain), Shield of Deflection, Shield of Resilience, etc. Each would boost damage of that type and maybe have some appearance change (flaming sword, for example).

Doing #2 would let us create fewer abilities while still giving Knocs some improvements that help them overcome their lack of Sockets/Techs.

I know it was mentioned that true appearance changes would be nice... i.e. turning the sword into a spear. Sadly the client won't let us modify the geometry of an item on the fly. So we'll have to keep brainstorming ideas for that.
    I thought I would never say this, but I love you.
    rip

SO no two handed sword :(? but other than that I likes :D

Just as important (I feel) are added abilities to spruce up the class as a whole. The idea of other "summoned" things (Hello armor!) and temporary buffs (play up the role Istaria plays as their patron deity) would make the class far more exciting to level and give them more things to do other than summoning a sword and shield.

Can we have THIS armor too? :D

What can I say, I WANT HIS ARMOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila View Post
    Can we have THIS armor too? :D

What can I say, I WANT HIS ARMOR!
    No, sorry, his armor does not exist as a usable set of armor or even textures and models.

No, sorry, his armor does not exist as a usable set of armor or even textures and models.
    Aww… That's truly a sad statement.

Are these hoods available as items?

Back to the class though, any thoughts on improving and fleshing out the blessing of istaria? Perhaps making it available at a lower level and making it AoE for groups or something?

Summonable Armor? Even possible? (Use the white hooded tunics, you know you want to!) :D

Quote Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila View Post
    Aww… That's truly a sad statement.

Are these hoods available as items?

Back to the class though, any thoughts on improving and fleshing out the blessing of istaria? Perhaps making it available at a lower level and making it AoE for groups or something?

Summonable Armor? Even possible? (Use the white hooded tunics, you know you want to!) :D
    Take a look at the various racial clothing formulas available from fashion NPCs in some of the cities. I can't recall which item it is but there is definitely one piece of racial clothing with a hood on it.

As for asking about Rysom Stormbringer's armour - how many times have you heard that request over the years Amon? :) The problem with Rysom's armour if I remember correctly is that it's one complete model, not individual parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    Take a look at the various racial clothing formulas available from fashion NPCs in some of the cities. I can't recall which item it is but there is definitely one piece of racial clothing with a hood on it.

As for asking about Rysom Stormbringer's armour - how many times have you heard that request over the years Amon? :) The problem with Rysom's armour if I remember correctly is that it's one complete model, not individual parts.
    Yeah, I know about the hooded tunic (Dark Forest Wear), but I'd like a white one to go with the whole KnoC thing :P

Real shame about Ryson's armor, it would've made a great KnoC armor/uniform thing.

Blessing of Istara buffs are now known as Minor, Major and Superior Blessings.

Blessings of Istara no longer conflict with other armor and health buffs and lasts for 60 seconds.

Knight of Creation Blessing of Istaria now recycles every 90 seconds (up from 5) and has a pre-delay instead of post-delay time.
    *blinks* what? I could understand giving it a duration similar to melee ward or safety but this?? Please reconsider this change it is reducing a good ability to the levels of power style or defensive style.

This was not asked for or even mentioned.. I don't know about others but I myself feel betrayed at the moment.. Knoc doesn't have that many useful abilities as it is.. and you have ruined one of its better ones. What is the Point of this thread if the changes that are implemented aren't even discussed?

*blinks* what? I could understand giving it a duration similar to melee ward or safety but this?? Please reconsider this change it is reducing a good ability to the levels of power style or defensive style.

- A disappointed (And furious) Knight of creation

welcome to the club now calyndrell and all other Knights of Creation. this is the same way Conjurer was nerfed ealier last year and lost the best ability in the game !!!

Ps no matter how many playreers will leave or complain the devs WILL implement tyhe changes the way they see fit

Yep I know this and so do many others.. well i will wait to see what "improvements" they make before i judge to harshly

Conjuror was nerfed?? or do you mean Sorceror?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    I thought I would never say this, but I love you.
    I'm glad folks are liking that idea! It really seemed like the best way to make up for the socket/techs missing, provide some flavor/depth, but also not super-clutter things up on the ability side. Ideally the abilities KNoC wouldn't just mimic the available sockets/techs, but vary a bit as well, some give and take (if they just mirrored them it wouldn't be very exciting, after all!)

i am sorry .you are right it was sorcerer

Ok we knight of creation have had a quick in the tender bits but what of the GOOD ideas? Can someone in the know please restore my faith?

Totally off the idea path of others,

-wouldn't it be cool if....KNOC could Summon demons to assist in the fight of that particular mob for a certain amount of time, the higher your level the more demons summoned to assist.

-wouldn't it be cool if....KNOC could Summon itself to teleport short distances to assist in evading.

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    Totally off the idea path of others,

-wouldn't it be cool if....KNOC could Summon demons to assist in the fight of that particular mob for a certain amount of time, the higher your level the more demons summoned to assist.

-wouldn't it be cool if....KNOC could Summon itself to teleport short distances to assist in evading.
    idea one.. no

idea two... it would be if the AI didn't cheat with distances.. and if direction facing actually mattered

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Ok we knight of creation have had a quick in the tender bits but what of the GOOD ideas? Can someone in the know please restore my faith?
    No. Play Ranger.

Ranger erryting in this game. Any other school sucks. What a waste to 278 it was.
    rip

Thread Information