Thread: Calendar

Default Calendar

Can the forums calendar link please take us to the current date, instead of being stuck at the end of last year? Pretty please?

Default Re: Calendar

Okies, it's way too hard to go week by week through the year's calendar to catch up on those I missed posting Happy Birthday to, so I'm generally not going to make an effort to post Happy Birthday messages anymore. To all of those celebrating birthdays during the year,
    please consider yourselves sung to (offkey).

I am with you with that Awdz,

was hoping it is changed- just checked it a few days ago.
    Too sad to see this friendly Istarian tradition gone.

Thank you for the 1000sands of Birthday wishes you started *hugs LadyGnome*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Don't worry awdz. Though the devs haven't said anything about this yet, I'm sure they are hard at work trying to figure out a way to come up with another "idea" or "revamp" to fill up their development time instead of fixing all the great infrastructure they already have. Another few months, we'll have another great "quest" or "token system" to fill our time and forget about the calendar not working, or the other 1.7 million other broken features.

Thanks for all the Happy Birthdays you did over the years

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

The calendar on these forums seems a little bit broken. For example if I go to the calendar and select the month tab I am then able to use a date selector at the top of the monthly view, but selecting 'Today' doesn't work (apparently 'Today' is some time in December 2013), and the year drop-down only has 2012 and 2013 listed.

The only tab on the calendar that seems to be working properly with the current date is the Day tab. If the calendar can be configured to cover this year instead of being confined to 2012-2013 then I'm fairly sure that current date selections will work fine in the calendar. It may be the case that forum moderators restricted the range of the calendar in order to reduce load on the forum database, that seems the most plausible explanation for why the forum calendar is currently configured to cover only two years.

Please note this is not something that "the devs" ever did on purpose. The calendar did indeed "run out" in 2013, but I'd imagine, though I can't be sure because I wasn't the one to do it, that it was set up with the expectation that someone would remember to change it eventually, as it was actually set to run from 2003 to 2013. There was no malicious intent there. It just isn't something that is used by us at all, and I didn't actually read this thread until today when I began to wonder why so many people were posting on a thread that was about the calendar.

Just for information sake, a better place to put this to get attention would have been in the Bugs section, as it really was a bug, though granted not with the game.

In any case, I added another 10 years to it and the calendar should now show today's date when viewed. At least, it does for me.

Just checked and it shows to 2024 for me
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Just for information sake, a better place to put this to get attention would have been in the Bugs section, as it really was a bug, though granted not with the game.

In any case, I added another 10 years to it and the calendar should now show today's date when viewed. At least, it does for me.
    Thank you for explaining where posts about forum bugs go, as I assumed that was for game bugs only.
    Especially thank you for getting the calendar fixed!

Calendar? What calendar? I'm so glad I knew nothing about it, since it's not working. Now I can be happy!
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Glad it was a simple configuration issue to get the calendar sorted. Thanks Velea.

Thank you Velea.- much appreciated!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information