Thread: Blight Update 256

Default Blight Update 256

Blight Delta 256 will be applied to the Blight Testing Shard today and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

Spring Festival

• The NPC's for the Spring Festival have returned to New Brommel.
    • Gata has a new quest called "Daily Riddle: Golden Treasure". This quest, which will provide players with a new pet called the Eostre Beetle, is repeatable daily so that should someone fail it the first time they can repeat it the next day. (Note that daily repeatable quests are a new feature being introduced with this update).
    • Gata's riddle "The Blacksmith and the Emperor" is also repeatable daily.
    • Ssaulios has a quest called "Rare Foods: Snap Dragon" which introduces the formula for the dessert called Snap Dragon. (Note that you must have Mandrake Root in inventory before you will be offered this quest.)
    • The Festival Tents first introduced in the previous Spring Festival have been renamed to be Spring Festival Tent just to clarify that these items are only seasonally available.

Island of Ice
    The revamp of this region has been completed. The quest series begins with Dantor the Scout who can be found between the Islands of Fire and Ice. It then proceeds to the Expedition Camp on the western side of the island. There are a total of twelve quests available from the Camp and from the Trandalaran Fortress including one specifically for level 80+ Alchemists.

Other changes include:

• Giant Ice Beetles on the island are now known as Vikinos Trudgers, Vikinos Battlers, and Snow Scarabs.
    • Icy Dire Wolves are now known as Sapphire Ravagers, Sapphire Shredders, and Sapphire Pack-Leaders.
    • Earthquakes have shaken the island uncovering the ruins of a long forgotten Trandalaran fortress and the ghosts of the fallen Trandalarans have risen to haunt the region.
    • A forest has grown to cover the east and southern sides of the island.

Updates

• Armor Tech Kit: Champion is again for sale on Anarie in Bristugo.
    • Marble spawns near the Eastern Outpost will now properly spawn marble, not dead marble golems.
    • Moved the deletion of the broken cargo disk in the quest "Elissa Malna: A New Cargo Disk" to the final step so that should someone drop connection with the server or take another quest mid-way through, the constraints won't cause the quest to become disabled.
    • Frelic, the supply officer in New Trismus, has a new quest called "Learn to Craft The Withered Bane". Anyone who did not obtain the Withered Bane tech kit formula via his original quest can complete this one to now get the formula. Further, the quest "The Withered Bane" now properly gives the technique kit for all the different "versions" of the quest rather than some giving the formula and others giving the tech kit. Players will all have to do the new quest to obtain the formula now.
    • Minor fixes to various Outfitter quests
    • Cogs (all types) have been updated to delete themselves when used to give experience under the new system.
    • The Librarian of Magic in Dalimond is now listed as a Pawnbroker and carries spells appropriate to characters levels 30 to 39.
    • Tanned Hide armor has been added to Jurixx.
    • Bobbie Taylor in Dalimond now carries weapons and armor appropriate to a character between levels 30 and 39.
    • The following "named" creatures have been removed from spawning: Tusker, Gritus Gigantus, Harassa, Old Man Garnet, Tsunami, Tealen, Grup, Gully, and Argen.
    • A teleport pad has been added to the settlement of Meadowhill. A quest has been added to the gatekeeper in Morning Light that will attune players to this new pad. Also, the quest for attuning players to Morning Light has been added to the quest book for the NPC in Morning Light.
    • Riddle Solver now uses the proper event and the augmentation won't delete itself after 2 min.
    • Violet, Amber and Titian Damage Crystals of Flame now have the proper duration (1 hour instead of 5 seconds).
    • Ice-Imbued Essence Orbs have been renamed Frozen Essence Orb.
    • Drop rate for Dragon Journals within Dralnok's Doom is now evenly distributed.
    • Corrected the weighting (coin) values of Damage and Defense Crystal augmentations.
    • Ceremonial Scale no longer boosts Tooth&Claw or Evasion, but instead boosts Armor and Ethereal Armor by 308 and Blight Resistance by 300.
    • Legacy Item "(Legacy): Research Assistant Emblem" may now be used to give an ability instead of an old title.
    • V'tieru's quest "Attune to the Fiery Rift" is now for dragons only.
    • Rebalanced the spawn rates of monsters within the Winter Vale.
    • Journeyman Sunscope formula is now looted and no longer sold by Tinkerer trainers.
    • Gangaf Tagley now has the <Tinkerer Trainer> tag beneath his name.
    • Added Glass Nodule Fabricator formula to Gangaf's sale inventory.
    • Updated Versanto's (Tinkerer Trainer in New Rachival) sales inventory.
    • Noncas Fizzlebot (Tinkerer Trainer) now sells the Expert Metal Bar and Master Standard Cargo Disk formulas
    • The bulk limit of Vaults has been increased:
      • Commoner's Vault (the first one you have) now has a bulk limit of 20,000.
      • Shareholder's Vaults I through X now increase bulk by 24,000 to 150,000
      • Correspondingly, the bulk limit of Houses, Guild Houses, Lairs, and Lair Halls has been increased.
      • Note: Stack limits have not been increased with this change.
      • Note2: This change does not impact legacy houses or guild houses.

• Deadly Dragon tech kit now boosts DPS for Spells when equipped on a Claw, instead of being tied to the Ravage ability.
    • Beginner Glass Bottle formula will now product a quantity of 5 bottles (up from 2) and will only require 2 Glass Nodules at optimal.
    • Beginner Glass Bottle formula is no longer sold by Alchemist Trainers, but instead now sold by Confectioner Trainers.

Known Issues

• ​Currently the casting bar for Food items is not present and can create some confusion when consuming food items.
    • Snap Dragon Quest is currently bugged. The wrong version of the quest was uploaded to Ssaulios.
    Last edited by Velea; March 19th, 2014 at 07:50 PM.

Default Re: Blight Update 256

Emblems all seem to work. One issue with Riddle Solver, it stacks with all the other emblems. Also has the generic effect icon, not the star icon rest of titles have.

Fixed

Gata in the Spring festival, offers the 2 quests but I couldn't take either of them. I have previously done Riddle Solver (The Blacksmith and the Emperor) at last springs' festival, so that might issue with that one. But Golden Treasure I couldn't pick up either.

Enemy of Automaton is tier 2 quest, but gives +50 1hc, +50 2hc, Might be a bit high.

Relic Hunter, Relic Protector only increase damage against undead, the +7, +15 should be increased to +10, +20 (Also a very difficult to finish quest)

Lore Seeker had no buff at all, and this one is more difficult that Relic Protector. Can't test the second Lore xx emblem, don't have one yet. Maybe make that one give a buff for dragons? Haven't seen any yet that gave a dragon skill buff.

The first 2 scorpion emblems give same amount of damage increase, +10. Maybe make second +11, third +12?

Big bug mentioned in other thread, all teleport attunements have been lost. Kinda a big deal for some that you can't just greet an npc and get them back (like Rift, Fiery Rift)
    Last edited by Velea; March 20th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.

I just rolled out a fix that I believe should fix the attunement problems. If you're currently logged in you'll have to relog for it to take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Deforian View Post
    I just rolled out a fix that I believe should fix the attunement problems. If you're currently logged in you'll have to relog for it to take effect.
    Good try, but nope. I was not logged in, so did that, and no change. I logged out and did a full scan, logged in still no go.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

After the restart this morning, anyone still experiencing issues with attunements?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I just loaded Elek in , he was not in last night or yesterday, in Apia looking at the portal he can not port to
    Bristg, city Chic, Dali SSlanis Guild Aedan, Ker`tis Serenity and Kir'gnat pad I can force another full update and see if that helps and load in alan and see if he is still attuned to places I took him last night or no un-attuned .
    Andy.

and to be on the safe side thought I would reference this as well:
    On the Spring Fest Ssaulios said :
    Listen to Ssaulios go on and on. Here, take this pattern and use it to create a mural on your plot or in your lair. Perhaps the symbol on it will bring us all luck for next year.
    But I did receive , it may of been because I already had one ?, in inventory.

Going to assume you mean you did not receive a new one. That is correct, if you have a pattern in inventory, you don't need another.

Also noted that SSaulious is NoW talking about the island of ice being blighted and prior to the update was talking about thew eastern outpost being attacked not island of ice

His dialog has been updated to reflect the current event. He shouldn't talk about the Eastern Outpost any longer, that is correct.

Gata offers :
    Available Quests:

<!--ST 6728442 60959>Daily Riddle: Golden Treasure<!--/ST>
    <!--ST 6728442 60485>Daily Riddle: The Blacksmith and the Emperor<!--/ST>

But can not select either, checked quest list do not have any open by her or spring fest

Odd, I could get both quests. Maybe an update to the server between when I am testing and when you did?

Dont think its is related but Shelia Jones the Haberdasher in Bristg 22131/22654
    got a but this is result of using the plain hat:
    The trade with Sheila was completed successfully. [<!--LI 3738966 7436586>Hat Box for a Paper Bag Hat: Plain<!--/LI>]

[03/18/14 23:18:12] You have received 1 Hat Box for a Paper Bag Hat: Plain.

[03/18/14 23:18:15] You must have 1 to use, but 0 found.

That's a bug. Will get it fixed.

No new Pet from spring fest but seen that Anarie in Bristg the Loyalty Rewards Vendor does offer an
    Goliath Beetle , is that the new Pet just wrong vendor ?
    also noticed that any NPC that offers multi quest they are not giving any guest

There is a new pet available from the Sprint Festival, but also a new loyalty reward one.
    Andy
    Last edited by Velea; March 24th, 2014 at 01:56 PM.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Quest are now working again, but the attunement issues are still there.horizons_1395254105.jpg
    Update Quest are kinda working but the counters on items are not working
    [03/19/14 14:46:59] You have looted 1 Abigail's Mining Pick., can not attache another pict , so take my word lol.
    I will try the special bass fishing quest and see if they update. and dang it can not name my pet beetle V.W Beetle .
    Andy.
    Last edited by MarshDog; March 19th, 2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: had now not not

OK Spring event quest are now working can get the riddle solver and the 2nd quest and you do now get the title as well.

Not sure what you mean that you get the title "as well". You are supposed to get a title for the Riddle Solver quest (though granted, based on what Guaran reported above, that title is bugged at the moment, it will be fixed with the next update.)

As noted in screen shot , the signs are now gibberish writing though will fly and try the fishing countershorizons_1395256051.jpg
    Hum looked at chat logs and shows : Available Quests:

<!--ST 6728442 60959>Daily Riddle: Golden Treasure<!--/ST>
    <!--ST 6728442 60469>Spring Festival Riddle: The Blacksmith and the Emperor<!--/ST>

[03/19/14 15:03:18] You have received a new quest - 'Spring Festival Riddle: The Blacksmith and the Emperor'.
    after finishing the Blacksmith and the Emperor , the daily riddle quest goes away and can not get it but can Repeat the blksmith one

The "Blacksmith and the Emperor" is not a daily quest.

Do you mean that by taking the Blacksmith and the Emperor quest first, you can't do the "Daily Riddle: Golden Treasure" quest that day?
    Last edited by Velea; March 24th, 2014 at 02:01 PM.

Velea sorry did not see you reply inside my post , as I'm color blind had to re read what i posted to figure out what you posted.
    On phanes it did give me the 1st quest and the second , quest , but when i went to click on the blacksmith quest , it said you have the wrong item for the first quest , and could you please if you respond to an post do it in a different font or something and not a different color.
    Thanks

NOTE FROM VELEA: I apologize to you and anyone else who can't read the red font. No one has ever mentioned before that they could not read my edit notes, at least that I'm aware of. It is something we use to keep track of those items which are fixed and which are not in a "bug report" thread.

We'll try the italic thing for now and see if that works to highlight it. (For those who might ask, no, not going to use the "reply" with quotes.. that clogs up the thread and just makes it confusing for me, at least. )
    Last edited by Velea; March 19th, 2014 at 10:46 PM.

No change on the attunement issues still all unavailable and unable to reattune.
    also noticed when mining copper and tin ore, with dragon level 24 DCRA mining skill 697 getting occasional 'failed to gather anything'
    this is unusual and not had it before on something that I consistantly gather 10,11 and 12's off. Pulled in my GMC with mining skill of 1365 and get the same occasional 'failed to gather anything'. is this another run off bug from the update as have only noticed it today?

I'm getting more CTD's than usual with this client, both on blight and when playing on chaos without patching back. On the last one I told it to send crash report.

There's a missing section of water on east edge of Isle of Aubradrine at 18920, 26467. It's missing on chaos as well.

Attunements are all still lost, and broken. Ran through Tishlar and Dryart, took both attunement quests from the lore keepers, but it didn't grant attunement (Checked when I got back to Bristugo). Really need this to be fixed so that existing attunements are not lost...

The Aubador was available, teleporting there works. No npc's there.
    Last edited by Guaran; March 19th, 2014 at 11:23 PM.

Well with the latest patch porting seems faster, the plain hat in a box now works but the box stays in inventory, still can not name the beetle VW /p , I will load a dragon and fly around morning light and see if the walls look better now w/o so many strangeness going on w/ textures.
    horizons_1395277201.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    ...Attunements are all still lost, and broken. Ran through Tishlar and Dryart, took both attunement quests from the lore keepers, but it didn't grant attunement (Checked when I got back to Bristugo). Really need this to be fixed so that existing attunements are not lost...
    Ok, Patched again today, now I can re-attune to someplace like Tishlar by greeting the gatekeeper, and going back to Bristugo, it is available again.

Still cannot port to Rift or Fiery Rift. Probably others. Loosing all the previously obtained attunements still needs fixed.... Maybe i need to make a new copy to blight? Could it be that existing toons here all got broke, but new copy would be ok?

Weapon tech kits and dye kits can be applied to items and the tech its self does not get used :horizons_1395363358.jpg

Frosthide this is another area I was talking about in and around Dralnok's Doom.
    good bit of the walls are missing textures and Michael also says the colors are wrong , look grey like the rest too me but ,,

Andy. horizons_1395365207.jpg

Folks, please remember this:

"Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted."

Attunement and travel pads are a reported issue.... No need to keep posting about it until we say we've got if fixed and then if we don't you can post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryin View Post
    No change on the attunement issues still all unavailable and unable to reattune.
    also noticed when mining copper and tin ore, with dragon level 24 DCRA mining skill 697 getting occasional 'failed to gather anything'
    this is unusual and not had it before on something that I consistantly gather 10,11 and 12's off. Pulled in my GMC with mining skill of 1365 and get the same occasional 'failed to gather anything'. is this another run off bug from the update as have only noticed it today?
    This is due to a change that was made in the overall way things are gathered in order to properly be able to have what is called an "Extra Gather" event. Previously you could not get a 0 result, but now you can. It was actually one of those long, long standing bugs that has been fixed.

Thanks for the answer on the gathering.
    The reason for my second post on the attunement issue was because until then I, like many others, had been using alts that had attuned to many places. The subject of the second post was NOT attuned so in my mind showed that the same effect was being produced from the start.

So I logged into blight today, and it applied a small patch, looked like a different client executable...

Anyway, figured I would check out the attunements, since that seems to be the biggest bug for this delta. In Brsitugo I still had all the attunements lost. So then I used my Rune of Teleportation to go to council chamber and check the ports to rift and fiery rift, and instead of putting me at the entrance like it usually does, I appeared on top the mountain of the council chamber itself.. was weird. So I dropped down, went in and checked teleports (still unavailable in there too), tried it a second time to get an idea where it was dropping me at in relation to the council chamber room, and then it put me at the entrance like usual. Just seemed odd so I figured I should report it.

Thread Information