Thread: Hatchie Speed

Default Hatchie Speed

There is a Gift of Velocity but, as this type of spell only applies to fly speed, it is only useful to Adults and Ancients. A hatchie runs very slow compared to bipeds and there is nothing to boost its speed unlike the speed boosts for bipeds.

I'd like to suggest 2 new spells, Gift of Primal Speed I and Primal Swift Feet I, that could be enormously helpful to a hatchie.
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Default Re: Hatchie Speed

There is a tech called Speed (tier) which goes on your wing scales - tho I don't remember when you get access to them and I know it's not immediately, if you didn't know already.

As for the spells - agreed!

However....Being slow is kinda part of being a hatchling. I don't like going slow, but it added to the feeling of advancement as a whole when I finally managed to ascend. I wouldn't mind if the spells were made, but wouldn't mind if they weren't. *tosses 2c into the pile*

First wing slot at level 10, second at level thirty.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Yup, when I make scales for hatchies, I always put Speed (tier) on the wing(s)...just seems more appropriate, since Piercing Winds doesn't really add that much at lower levels, imnsho, while even the +4 bonus to speed can get you out of (and, sometimes, into) trouble faster.

There's also the biped spell, Gift of Speed, if you can find someone who has it.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Yes I know speed stat can be applied to wings. A biped can apply the Speed I tech to flaxen cloth boots and wear the speed teched boots at level 1!

I am asking for hatchies to be given a speed boost SPELL (not tech) that they could benefit from until the Adult / Ancient's velocity spell becomes useful.
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Tondargaet_Glit View Post
    There's also the biped spell, Gift of Speed, if you can find someone who has it.
    So why not Gift of Primal Speed for hatchies?
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

And if you feel you must limit it, make it Beginner only.

*waits for the pelting of vegetables*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

While it is extremely annoying for a hatchie (running slow), once you reach adult, you can fly across mountains, bypass dangerous monsters on the road, swoop and choose monsters at will. I think the hatchie should have to endure this 'punishment', since one day they will have this great advantage. When I was a hatchie, I would likely agree, but at the end of the day, I disagree, sorry
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    While it is extremely annoying for a hatchie (running slow), once you reach adult, you can fly across mountains, bypass dangerous monsters on the road, swoop and choose monsters at will. I think the hatchie should have to endure this 'punishment', since one day they will have this great advantage. When I was a hatchie, I would likely agree, but at the end of the day, I disagree, sorry
    And some people (*cough*alice*cough*rinn*cough*) prefer to be hatchie forever. Mostly so you can boast about beating ancients. Which is also entirely possible. I would think this suggestion was more aimed at those people. Because as awsome as it is to murderize everything and still be a little smear of scales, it's not fun running everywhere so sloowly.

and what would happen to this speed boost spell after you ascend ..... Nothing ... so why should a dragon have it both ways ?.. they can fly and also get a speed boost . this in my opinion is not called for . and yes I have a dragon alt and managed no problem without a speed boost as a hatchy

The cute, zath. You forgot the eternal cute. Anyway, Rinn is decently fast when I give her t5 wing scales and a speed crystal, enough that i really don't notice the 'slowness' at all, except when running to Reklar through ED and sog has decided he needs more nutrition from greens, as opposed to just a diet of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Cega, got to disagree with you hun. Your answer seems a bit too much of the old arguement of "I did without it, so you should too."

After beginning lairshaping, I doubly feel that some kind of speed boost for a hatchie is in order. That is a long run to Relstaroth's lair for a hatchie, and the lairshaping quests require a good deal of running back and forth to do the beginner lairshaping quests.

Of course, I can dual log my biped human free account in order to provide the hatchie with a speed buff but I do feel that the hatchie should be able to do this for itself.

With the amount of memory that Istaria takes in order to run, dual logging may not be an option for some.
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Ok, maybe I am missing something entirely here, but aren't there player made scrolls in the game now, one of which is Gift of Speed I-V, that hatchies can use? I know I regularly use a Gift of Speed V scroll these days, when harvesting crafting resources, now that I am using the pet spider container....

Well since I haven't leveled Scholar and have never seen such scrolls on the NT connie, I wasn't aware there were gift scrolls.

Thank you so much for pointing this out. Now I'll have to work on biped Scholar so hatchie can use these
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Thread Information