Thread: Mystery of certain Spell Formula's becoming attuned while in plot storage

Default Mystery of certain Spell Formula's becoming attuned while in plot storage

There are six Resistance Spell Formulas in Istaria: Blight, Energy, Flame, Ice, Nature and Spirit. Our Guild moved stocks of each of these from one storage plot to another within the past year. Clearly if they had been attuned prior to that move they could not have been placed in a Plot Storage Structure.

Today we removed these Resistance Spell Forms and found that 4 of the 6 are now “Attune on Acquire”. Any player who has Energy Flame Ice or Nature Resistance forms in their Knowledge book of scribed forms will see that any/all of the four show “Attuned” status, while the Blight and Spirit Resistance forms do not show as Attuned. We are unable to place our stocks of the now attuned Formulas in our Guild asset storage on a plot structure. This is a Bug!

These same 4 resistances are found on the Balit's Signet Stone Crystal and the Rune of Resistance Tech Kit, though the introduction of these predated the effectivity of the attunement of the 4 Resistance Spell Forms.

I doubt that there is any rationale for attuning these 4 of the 6 Spell Resistance Forms. May we have a fix please?

Knossos

Default Re: Mystery of certain Spell Formula's becoming attuned while in plot storage

The four are attuned because they are sold by vendors. The two that aren't sold by vendors (Blight and Spirit) are looted and that is why they remain unattuned. There is no bug here so there is no fix required. You can simply delete the forms since they are purchased.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Mystery of certain Spell Formula's becoming attuned while in plot storage

Um, since when are formula sold by vendors (excluding Master) attuned? I'm going with NEVER.

I would most definitely say this IS a bug. Please fix it

And having to delete formula and then purchase at a later date can quite expensive.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The four are attuned because they are sold by vendors. The two that aren't sold by vendors (Blight and Spirit) are looted and that is why they remain unattuned. There is no bug here so there is no fix required. You can simply delete the forms since they are purchased.
    Amon, this is curiouser and curiouser. I went to The Expert Spell NPC Kateos at Kirasanct, noted that the Expert Energy Resistance Spell did not show as Attuned as listed on the Trade Window, so I plunked down my 100 Silver Coins and bought one. Upon receipt it was marked attuned. Then I looked at the Expert Blank Spell Shard on his listing and as with the Expert Energy Resistance Spell it was not shown as attuned. So I plunked down 40 Silver Coins to purchase. Unlike the Expert Energy Resistance Spell Form, the Blank Spell Shard Form did not show as attuned in my inventory.

Thus I ask - If the Expert Energy Resistance Spell Form is, as you say, not Bugged - then is the Expert Blank Spell Shard Form Bugged?
    Both forms are sold by Trainer, one is attuned the other not. Please help me understand.

So next I purchased Expert Flame Spear Formula for 150 silver coins and it too is not attuned after purchase - likewise the Expert spell Form Gift of Alacrity purchased at 50 silver coins is not attuned after purchase. Help!

Knossos

Um, since when are formula sold by vendors (excluding Master) attuned? I'm going with NEVER.

We've been moving this direction for quite some time.

Great, thanks for finding those. They should be attuned. Purchased forms are meant to be attuned, there is no reason to store them in stacks nor to trade them since they are available to everyone for purchase.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

There might be a reason to store and trade the Ice Bolt and Improved Ice Bolt spell forms. While they are available for sale, it's a little tricky for a low level character to dodge the Icy Dire Wolves to get to the Tower of Magery. If all purchased formulae become attuned, I suspect the number of players with the beginner versions of those forms will fall.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We've been moving this direction for quite some time.

I humbly beg the old gods and the new to not go down this path.

I'm sure you have your reason and if you're willing to share those, it would certainly help my understanding.

However, I personally feel that making all vendor-purchased forms attuned serves absolutely no purpose, adds nothing and actually detracts from the game. Some of us (perhaps only a small percentage) have vault toons and libraries full of forms, many of which may have been collected from when they were drop-only. Should they become attuned, I won't be able to use them for any purpose. Sure I could sell them, for the measly amount they are worth. If the re-sale value were as close as possible the purchase price, then I could stomach that

Just my thoughts.

If you insist on going down this path, then all forms sold by dragon trainers are not attuned... I recently purchased all forms I could find for my hatchie. As he is not attuned to any destinations and has no money, I had to send my ancient to barter. If the forms are all to be attuned on purchase, then that would have been a real kick in the shins as I would have wasted hundreds of silver... just another reason why I don't want this to happen, please.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information