Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 258

Default Blight Update 258

Our next delta will be applied to the Blight Testing Shard soon and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

• Velma the confectioner trainer has relocated to Dalimond temporarily and will sell Journeyman formulas to anyone who is interested.
    • Virulent Bonespur Chitin now has a proper icon.
    • Lord Bar'Akath in the Lesser Aradoth Deadlands is now known as his proper title, Emir Bar'Akath
    • Risen Champions in the Lesser Aradoth Deadlands are now known as Emir's Guard
    • Withered Aegis Wizard school for Ghosts no longer receives Dryad Dazzle or Cognizance.
    • Fixed the requirements for quest "Dalimond Peninsula: Attunement to Pleasant Canyon"
    • Quest for Rare Dessert Snap Dragon has been fixed and uploaded to the Ssaulios at the Spring Festival.
    • You can now gather the Magus' Remains from the Pile of Bones (Magus) on the quest "Eternity: Trandalaran Style"
    • Replaced the old attunement quest to the Expedition Camp with a new one that should appear for all players.

Quests:

• Quest "Attunement: Meadowhill" can now only be completed once and the unnecessary chat link in the first step has been removed.
    • Quest "Attunement: Morning Light" can now only be completed once.
    • Ceremonial Dragon Scale once again has a description and boosts Tooth & Claw by +50.
    • Quest "Elissa Malna: A New Cargo Disk" no longer requires you to have the Broken Disk in your possession to pick up the quest (and so should not disable near the end when the Broken Disk is removed).
    • Updated quest "Cleansing the Land of Merrasat's Curse" to reference the Emir and his Guards and to fit lore with the forth-coming Effigy of Merrasat series.

Items:

• Vilitis Bulbs can now be gathered using the Istarian Army Knife when on the proper quest.
    • Niesa's Rub potion now has keywords (so it will show up in filters), an icon, proper sound for the UI, and a coin value so it can be consigned.
    • Niesa's Power buff now lasts for 1 hour, and boosts Magic Defense by +50, Power by +50, and Ice Skill by +100.
    • Costs for the Spring Festival bulbs and seeds have been cut it half.
    • Hamstring debuff is now known as Hamstrung, reduces runspeed by 50%, and lasts 30 seconds (down from 60).
    • Fixed spelling error in "Spell: Mind Damage" technique line.
    • Fixed the description of the technique "Craft: Dragon Crafter's Blessing"
    • A small amount of rich Emerald nodes can now be found on Saritova.
    • A small amount of rich Peridot nodes can now be found on Saritova.
    • Adjusted the quantity and rates of Emerald and Peridot fields on the Island of Fire, Drakul and Saritova.
    • Emerald and Peridot can once again be found on the Island of Ice.
    • Corrected the technique component requirements and quantities for the "Spell: Mind Damage" and "Spell: Mind Range" techniques.

Emblems:

• Title: Chef is now an Honorific rather than a Title and will provide a slight boost to cooking skill.
    • Title: Scorpion Hunter and Title: Scorpions' Bane now have the proper buffs associated with them.
    • Title: Helian's Protector now provides a slight buff to both Primal and Tooth and Claw skill.
    • Title: Dung Splattered and Title: Dung Reeking were switched and have now been fixed.
    • Title: Member of the Clerical Order has been changed to have a buff of just 20 Life Magic and now will simply say "of the Clerical Order" after the character's name.
    • Title: The Shatterer now buffs Primal and Tooth& Claw instead.
    • Title: Research Assistant is now an honorific rather than a title.

Default Re: Blight Update 258

Just a quick note, too, as this was a "technical" bug not a "content" one and thus didn't appear in the patch notes above...

Our tech people believe they have solved the issue with deconstructing crafted items as well. Crafting should work again as it did before this Content Update was applied and you can now either deconstruct items individually or using the "Auto Deconstruct" option.

Seems like the bug with the deconstructon have been fixed. I could login to Blight, make spells and decon them.

But when open a formula window, it still say unknown under formula!!
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Thanks for adding army knife to the list of Vilitis Bulbs. Thought it was unfair that my level 28 crafting dragon can gather them (using Adventure Intuition skill) and do the first quest on the isle, but my ped can't cuz my foraging wasn't high enough. Iron Harvest knife wont gather them Re-Copying my character to blight tonight with the army knife.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; April 16th, 2014 at 04:24 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

There are now two arrival pads at Expedition Site on IoI. I did clear World Cache. It wasn't like that the last time I was there (1-2 days ago).

On a side note, something is broken on the forums (image manager uploader)

I had to upload and link this image from my site. The past two days have not been able to upload screenshots to the forums. Always get a red exclamation mark with no messages. This time I also tried to choose the upload from URL option and at least this time I was given a message: "error Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

Is your hard drive maybe full to where it writes the images or maybe theres a bunch of stuff built up in a temporary folder??

I just want to confirm Cegaiels post about the two landing pads. Also have cleared world cache
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Actually, I posted this on Blight because I just happened to be on the server at the time. But it is also like this on Chaos, I just now noticed...

I do kind of recall where you said that the Expedition Camp attunement quest, is more for newer players who have not completed the "Trandalar: Island of Ice" pad before. But how is that being handled? Since there are portals to both Trandalar: Island of Ice and Island of Ice: Expedition Camp, how do they interact, since they are the same...

I am currently attuned to Trandalar: Island of Ice.

When I did the attunement quest to attune to Expedition Camp (from Giltekh), it says I'm attuned, but the portal in Bristugo (only portal to expedition camp) still says Unavailable. But note that portals (same destination) to Trandalar: Island of Ice is available in Racial Cities too. So having both is kind of confusing. I guess I want to know is will the "Trandalar: Island of Ice" destination still appear to new players? If so, then why have two portals (with different names) to the same pad? This can be confusing to a returning player from a while ago.

I think it would be better to just ditch the duplicate portal concept, and rename "Trandalar: Isle of Ice" to "Trandalar: Expedition Camp" instead, and remove that new entry from Bristugo Portal... Then replace "Trandalar: Isle of Ice" to "Trandalar: Expedition Camp" at all the racial city portals instead, at the very least.

Or how will a player attune to "Trandalar: Isle of Ice" if it is removed? The pad will still show up in Teleport list, but not be available to new players... (they would only be able to do Expedition Camp quest and attune there only). Catch 22.

Last edited by Cegaiel; April 22nd, 2014 at 04:45 AM.

I wasn't sure if I should post to bugs or not. Because I can not remember how it was before the patch that lets us deconstruct stackable items.. But has this always been like this, that I can deconstruct obsidian bricks, for example? I just wasted a disk full of possible bricks, because I wasn't paying attention and had the auto-deconstruct box checked while I was creating obsidian bricks from slabs (and while not paying attention, clicked the craft button several times).

So I basically took a disk full of slab and made into bricks, but auto-decon'd back to slabs and kept repeating the make obi bricks, until I had no slabs and a small handful (7 ish) bricks leftover. I didn't think we could do that, but I might be mistaking. Since we can't right click an obi brick and choose a decon option (no option appears as it should). So if we can't manually decon bricks, then should the auto-decon box be disabled or something while we process them in the item creation menu (because ticking the box lets us decon it)? I did this on Chaos server, but posting on Blight because maybe it might need addressed for next Blight patch...? But again, I might be mistaking and it has always been like this. Confirm? I can accept I foolishly wasted a bunch of experience by doing this (when I intended to make glassblowing rods to decon for exp), but since I've never ever done that in the past, was wondering if something slipped by that let me do that.

Live Client 386.27.2 Istaria Community Manager
    April 16, 2014
    FIX:

• Allow stackable items to be deconstructed.
    I noticed this on the launcher. I was surprised that it was a fix as stackable items have never been able to be deconstructed before, though I do not know why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    ...I am currently attuned to Trandalar: Island of Ice....
    If I remember correctly, that portal has its' own quest to attune, although I forget where it is. Possibly one of the Trandalar attunement quests gives it.

I do not believe that one or any Trandalar attunements should be "automatic". Players should have to travel there once on foot, and pick up the attunement quests. But regarding IoI landing pad, I do not think it was an Automatic one.

I am also attuned to that destination and cannot remember to had a quest for that.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    If I remember correctly, that portal has its' own quest to attune, although I forget where it is. Possibly one of the Trandalar attunement quests gives it.
    Same person that attunes to fire & ice portal - on the middle isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Thank you, Velea. I should not have been surprised by the fix (I know you guys are always doing good things for good reasons). The "why" I was referring to, though, was why stackable items were not able to be deconstructed before. It seems a nice fix indeed. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    If I remember correctly, that portal has its' own quest to attune, although I forget where it is. Possibly one of the Trandalar attunement quests gives it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    Same person that attunes to fire & ice portal - on the middle isle.
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of "Attune to isles of Fire and Ice" ? because that is not the same landing pad or attunement quest. That one he gives attunes you to his pad, and I don't think it attunes you to IoI. the IoI pad and attunement pre-date the addition of the landing pad between the isles, and that npc you speak of, "Dantor the scout".

The Expedition Camp attune quest was bugged and attuning to the wrong pad. The non-Fiendish pad has been deleted twice, hoping third time is the charm.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I understand the patch about stackable items being able to be deconned now. The main point I was trying to make is if stackable items (such as obsidian bricks) are suppose to decon-able now, too. I thought the patch was suppose to only address a few exceptions.

Per the thread Velea posted, it says "It has been reported that items which are now available on vendors for sale but are also crafted items can not be deconstructed."

My thinking was these few exceptions (of items available on vendors and stackable) could now be deconned. Not player made only items. I do not thing Obsidian bricks can be bought from vendors.

There is no option, when I right click a Obsidian brick in my inventory to deconstruct it. Which I feel is the way its suppose to be (or always has been). The thing I was bringing to attention and inquiring about was that I can bypass this (no option to right click/decon from inventory) and tick the Auto-Decon box in Item Creation window and decon the bricks all day long (Using Stone Brick formula).

If this is intended behavior then OK. I just wanted to make sure this was intended behavior that's all. Not really complaining or anything like that

Ok, nevermind, there is actually a good reason to auto-decon bricks for example. Had not thought of it until I switched to Miner school. Squeezing a little bit of extra exp out of making the bricks. This is better than making a bunch of bricks, then destroying them. Well played, devs!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The Expedition Camp attune quest was bugged and attuning to the wrong pad. The non-Fiendish pad has been deleted twice, hoping third time is the charm.
    This did not get fixed on Delta 258. Also bringing up a very old issue, same topic this reminds me of, is the Stoneworking shack (beside the Miner trainer outside of dalimond gate (229/226), theres still duplicate machines, 2 stone working pedestals and 2 stone cutters side by side. Just adding that because it reminds me of the same scenario, the duplicate can't be removed (I hope you figure it out and can remove the duplicate pad and duplicate machines in Dalimond, at same time , close to a year on those duplicate machines. I hope the same doesn't happen for the pad.

Also it's still not recognizing when I do the attune to Expedition Camp quest at IoI. I get the attuned message, but the portal from Bristugo to the "Isle of Ice: Expedition Camp" destination, it still shows as Unavailable. But I'm already attuned to this pad from the "Trandalar: Isle of Ice" destination.. Maybe that's why it's conflicting and this attunement can't be completed, because theres two destinations to the same pad, but different names? Name 1: "Trandalar: Isle of Ice" , 2: "Island of Ice: Expedition Camp"..

I apologize if this type of problem can't be fixed on delta, but a live update instead; I might be premature on a fix... Edit: And sorry for posting in wrong thread.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; May 1st, 2014 at 06:05 AM.

Thread Information