Thread: RE: WISH LIST for NEW Plot Items

Default RE: WISH LIST for NEW Plot Items

Hey Devs,

MINIATURE MOVING SCULPTURES

It always struck me that it would be extremely desirable to have the option to build our own miniature moving sculptures, or other moving items, similar to the big ones we built at 'Meadowhill' and on 'Falathien' when we were opening up those plot areas.

Seems such a waste that those amazingly beautiful and mesmerizing creations should only be seen by some passers-by on the odd occasion.

MORE SNOWY ITEMS

Would be wonderful if we could have the option for more 'Snowy' items, like sandstone walls with a snowy top for instance for Saris dwellings in far off colder climes, more types of snow covered buildings, even possibly some silo and storehouse models with snowy roofs, possibly just t2, t4 and t6, though all tiers would be great, the barn would look fabulous with snow on on the roof etc,

A snowy model of all the craft shops would be just amazing .. even new different models as well perhaps

.. of course the fact I have plots in Acul has nothing whatsoever to do with this suggestion in any way ../grins

MORE FLOWER TYPES

I know you just halved the cost of tulips, but frankly, in my humble view they are still too expensive, we need some more flower types, and not spread out like one or two candles on a sparse birthday cake, make them in bunches, like you would see in real life, a tulip here, and there just looks awful.

Maybe even in grand flowerpots so you can reduce the footprint, but not the pokey small terracotta ones, the granite type ornate ones 3 - 6 ft tall ..

DESIGNATED FLOWERBEDS

Option for designated flowerbeds in various shapes, square, rectangle, triangles, circles etc..to allow for many creative plot planning designs ..where we can put seeds, some that could be bought again at the festivals, with some other basic types available all year from designated 'garden centre' vendors

WALL TYPES

A flint wall, definitely a human option for a so-called english walled garden, but would fit in anywhere.

CONFECTIONER'S GREENHOUSE

Option to build our own greenhouse to grow a limited number/type of our own confectioner vegetables or herbs ..

GARDEN STATUES

Lions resting, cherubs on pedestals, Phoenixes rising, birds of many types, anything that seems appropriate

Would be great to keep this thread going with new ideas posted here whenever, and we may even get some good ones implemented when the Devs get some time ../hopeful grin
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Default Re: WISH LIST for NEW Plot Items

More Snowy Items - Yes why not a snowy small house and snowy large house? There's really no need for 2 types of snowy medium houses, though the Christmas lights around the one is a nice touch, I'd much rather have the medium dwarven style house available also.

More Flower Types - Yes would love to see this implemented if it's not at the still ridiculously high price that the current tulips and sunflowers are priced at. Would love to see the stone planters filled with flowers as suggested way back here! http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ht=#post269632

Wall Types - Yes would love to see those beautiful Feladan walls available for plot building!

Wall Pillars - While both the Fiendish pillar and ice pillar are lovely, the Fiendish pillar is so so large and the ice pillar is small. It would be nice if there was a medium-sized pillar.

Tapestries - I've always thought it would be nice to hang tapestries on the outside walls of the guild halls, similar to how murals are placed in lairs.

Last but not least in my mind is my previous suggestion of a Welcome Mat for placement as a mat, banner or mural :big grin:
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Low Stone table - Something that looks like it has a checkered chess board on it. The reason I say low is so that when we peds /sit it is the right height that it looks like we might be playing it.

Stone statues - I love this idea though not necessarily moving.. perhaps have a different one for each of the gods? Would love to build a small shrine to istara. and yes this includes drakul

SNOWY ITEMS

Would it be too difficult to change the 'Sandstone' wall, pillar, archway models to white .. and call them SNOW (Y) WALL, PILLAR, ARCHWAY ? .. massive self interest on this one

GARDEN STATUES

There are already many statues in game, gateway to kion main buildings for instance..possibly allow us to use those and the others already designed and placed in game. Possible models in sandstone, snow, ice and grey.

HOUSE FURNITURE

It would be great to be able to use the Construction skills to make furniture for the houses, though i can see the placement mechanics may need a bit of work..a Saris Four poster, or a Half-Giants stone bed, or an Elve's Feladan-type bed..even a Bower for the Dryads..for when they get a (tree or mushroom) house in the first place../grin

HOUSE NPC

Would be nice to make more use of the house also at some point with special link points where you could license an npc with various abilities..trainers, pb's, vendors of various types..1 for small house, 2 medium, 3 large etc.

Keeping the flow of ideas going with the added benefit of some unashamed bumping !
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.

Personally, would like a god shrine? Maybe?? If there's any sort of idea of how they look, would love to build a srhine to Nyrevi-...Alyssa. >.> <.<
    some sort of greek temple with the pillars included would be funny. but i'm pretty certain thats not a possiblity...though can totally imagine it. OOooH! What about some sort of mayan pyramid! ;p

*still wants fountains for each tier of building materials, with different race featured on each*

GARDEN SHRINES

What excellent ideas from Calyndrell and Alyssa regarding some form of RP Shrines, Temples and Pyramids, also Awdz's Fountains.

Most likely the statues are in game already [he chimed hopefully].

TEMPLES

Varying sizes of Greek Temple or small 'English stately home' types of garden Follies would be very cool,

PYRAMIDS

The Pyramid idea..there is already a model for that just outside Sslanis now, that colour for Ssliks, sandstone, grey, snowy and ice would be just perfect colours ../grin

OBELISKS [Pyramid top, tall gently angled Pillars]

While we're at it, an obelisk would be an amazing addition as another 'pillar' type edifice, like the Washington monument, and Cleopatra's needles in London and New York..perhaps make them smaller than the fiend pillar, but larger than the ice/sandstone ones.

TREES

While I understand, a little, that you hived off the Large large tree that previously we could use on our plots, into the festival scenario..couldn't you return one decent sized model..and I don't mean the leafy large, which just isn't large reallY, or the swampy which is just a large pot plant..love the fall festival models, though a minor annoyance having to wait for the festival..lol

Keeping the flow of ideas going with the added benefit of some unashamed bumping !

This may be a bit of a push, but I'd love to build Istaria's first museum... Maybe working up to it we could have buildable plinths that have the model of a rare item resting on top, that takes said rare item as a component when building it? Would be a great way to show off some Istarian history! Just hope that when demolishing said plinth with a Zealot or Priceless Shrieking Battle Axe we get the rare item back

Quote Originally Posted by Lio View Post
    TREES

While I understand, a little, that you hived off the Large large tree that previously we could use on our plots, into the festival scenario..couldn't you return one decent sized model..and I don't mean the leafy large, which just isn't large reallY, or the swampy which is just a large pot plant..love the fall festival models, though a minor annoyance having to wait for the festival..lol
    ...a small amendment to this bit of my last post is required .. having had Deelighted point out to me that ' tree leafy large ' was actually still nearly a giant tree, not quite as in the older days, but a respectable height which could most certainly be called bigger than big etc ..BUT the planning display window, and the plot example while planning, DOESN'T actually display its constructed size.

Having run hot-foot to my plot and tested this theory, I am now an extremely happy bunny gazing at my very large tree, AND impressed with its very respectably [now], reasonably sized, trunk only footprint, it was very swiftly and easily placed in a relatively tight spot between the hallway of a basic GH and a T5 Storehouse, AND able to be BUILT.... Many Thx Devs !

Regrettably, the same cannot be said for the easy placing of most of the 'LARGE' palm tree TYPES I tried on same plot, I got some in eventually, but with much nudging..the same 'TRUNK' footprint treatment would be very gratefully received at some soon future convenience for them, and for all other Larger Trees.

I realise the one-storey bush / short Tree types need to allow for buildings next to them in a different way..but when its only a trunk at that level etc, that's the only footprint we need I'd suggest.

Thx again Dee ! ..... obviously I must also withdraw my mistaken impression that all the giant trees had been appropriated by a festival scenario .. and I don't mean the maples, which just look simply georgeous ! ../grin
    Last edited by Lio; May 25th, 2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: further thoughts

Re-posted for greater ease of collation here, with AryaStrongClaw's consent.

Quote Originally Posted by AryaStrongClaw View Post
    I would like to get some feed back on some suggestions I would like to post here for some items for land plots

#1. Additional lighting:

Maybe sometime there can be added lighting, like say lamp posts or something to that effect, like the cute ones we see in Kion or other towns around our lands. I think they would make for a great addition

#2 Bind Shrine:

I understand that the shrines are in the guild houses, but what about those who's plots are to small for the guild houses? Maybe we can try to get one placed into a smaller building, such as the small Connie or Pawnbroker huts? I am not sure how many would agree, but I think this too, would be a good addition due to the different sizes of plots and the largeness of the guild house. Some places in the map where there are plots, there is no shrine for one to bind to, so I think it could work for those unable or who do not wish to put such a large structure on their plot. For my land plot I have plenty of storage without having to put in a guild house, but I still would love to be able to bind my characters (Bi-Peds) to the land, where there is not a shrine in the area to bind too.

Any and all feedback and responses welcome, I am curious to see if any have had the same idea or would like to see the same things... One never knows unless they ask, no? I hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful day Be safe and above all else, Have Fun!

Additional Lighting The Devs already said NO to more plot lighting - see the post from 2011:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...Lamps&p=274718
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

They also said a bunch of other things about plots.

Anything is up for grabs.

I approve this message and thread. +1

More obsidian flooring!
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Lio View Post
    MINIATURE MOVING SCULPTURES

It always struck me that it would be extremely desirable to have the option to build our own miniature moving sculptures, or other moving items, similar to the big ones we built at 'Meadowhill' and on 'Falathien' when we were opening up those plot areas.

Seems such a waste that those amazingly beautiful and mesmerizing creations should only be seen by some passers-by on the odd occasion.
    ... so hoping one day we might get this .. limited to ONE per plot of course .. and er BUMP for the rest of the thread ../grin

We have plot lighting? Maybe I was punch happy after finally finishing the plan (okay actually partially finishing ) for my plot but I didn't see any lighting. I searched "torch" and "light" and no luck.
    What is the lighting called? I'd love to put some on my plot. Granted drow can see exceptionally well in the dark but yanno just in case I have guests over for dinner .
    Last edited by Adaarye; October 21st, 2014 at 04:29 PM.

To my recollection the only light source on the plot item list is the stone firepit.

Knossos

RACIAL PILLARS

Would be lovely to have more RACIAL type pillars like the fiendish one, but in colour and design for each race...Saris suggestion - sandstone colour, statue of Merresar on top .. would be simply fabulous.

also unashamed bumpage for all the other great thoughts here.

Thread Information