Thread: Bi-Polar WoW!

Shadowon DraGhost

Default Bi-Polar WoW!

I have been following their forums all day (while at work)

Started off: great, wonderful, glad to be here, etc.

Currently: it sucks, get your act together, etc.

Lastest: The big lag from open beta is back in spades!!

Sound familiar!

The WoW player base is turning really quickly!

By-the-by: It looks like they had a tremendous opening. Over 5000 showed up for the box signing at midnight. They sold out!

As always, when I come home, I come home to Istaria!

Default Re: Bi-Polar WoW!

*smirk*

Like Erma said, the grass is always greener over the septic tank.

I've never seen v1.0 of anything come out w/o its own share of bugs and aggravations, yet people keep right on assuming....
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

I enjoy my home of Istaria too, and I'm glad you do as well, but I'm not for sure if we need to be cheering on other games problems considering ourown at the moment [*-)]
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Shadowon DraGhost

My thoughts for these type postings are that we are not alone and, indeed, the grass is not always greener!

I don't mean to sound like I am cheering their misfortunes. Hopefully, it lets everyone know these type games aren't easy to create/maintain and that none are perfect.

Their both good games, just in different ways.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Oh, I agree beyond any doubt. Finding a game that dosen't haveproblems, whether its a new release or has been out for several years, is near to impossible. Unfortunatley for us,we are all a longs ways away, if ever,from seeing a perfect game. But I hope the best for them all, including ourselves of course [:D]
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Likes its been said before, comparing how buggy WoW is with HZ is silly, HZ has been running a year, WoW has just been released, and pretty much anygame like this will have alot of problems with its released and for a period of time after.

Give it a chance and see how it comes along, then if its still all buggy you can go about saying these kinds of things, rightly so.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

good point.

But note WoW has had 250,000 plus people try to connect and play in the last 18 hours. How many does HZ have trying to play ?

You can't even compare the two.

HZ has its problems so will WoW. But what I know is that Blizzard will recover quickly and fix the problem. Can you say the same thing here ?

Lets not throw rocks at glass houses.

Play the game have fun but don't get to overly threatened by games like WoW. HZ has its place in the MMO world. Lets hope AE figures out what it is and quickly.

Ziggy

Shouldn't this get moved to off topic with all the other WoW posts?

Thunndar

They already have the problem fixed.

I doubt Bliz will let 20 min server lag go on for 2 weeks striaght with no fix like AE did with the Shadow server a week after release.

Don't try to compare the 2, you will end up looking so foolish it'd make yer heads spin.

Two weeks after release they already have most of their lag problems fixed (much of it created because every ganged up on the first servers on the list), although there are occasionally problems.

I'd will say this. I have been in areas with more than 100 people nearby and have been able to fight or craft with no noticeable delay. Had Horizons ever been able to say that there would still be thousands more playing.

Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Thread Information