Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 260

Default Blight Update 260

Blight Delta 260 has been applied to the Blight Testing Shard and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

Use this thread to discuss this update: http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?29004-Blight-Update-259-260-Discussion

Adventure

• Allowed Power buffs will now stack with other Power boosts.
    • Weapon Tech Kit: Virulent Venom technique can now be properly applied to weapons and scales.
    • Blight Poison debuff no longer will no longer conflict with other dot_blight effects, but will instead conflict with other poisons (using the poison keyword).
    • Group Instant Heal now recycles every 180 seconds (down from 300).
    • Group Instant Transfer now recycles every 180 seconds (down from 300).
    • Superior Heal now recycles every 180 seconds (down from 300).
    • Blighted Armor, Dragon Scales, Jewelry, and Weapons no longer have any limitation on how the number of times an individual piece of equipment can be recharged. Blighted Equipment is now set to "Attune on Equip".
    • Dragon's Gift buff now remains active on players even after logging out and back (like other Gift buffs).
    • Barbed Bolt no longer requires a stance.
    • Dragon's Determination buff is now known as Determined
    • Fortify buff is now known as Fortified.
    • Demon Blood Battle Axe, Demonskin Staff, Demon Flurry have had a facelift. They now use unique models.

Crafting

• Corrected the minimum skill rating for Dim Essence Construction Source and Sandstone Construction Keystones on the Grand Guild House.
    • Journeyman Armor Dye Kit is now sold on the Feladan Alchemist trainer.
    • Craft: Miner's Blessing now requires 33 bars.

Quests

• Corrected the descriptions for some Town Marshall quests.
    • Quest "Rare Foods: Dinner? Impossible!" now requires you to be a level 95 Confectioner to begin it.
    • Title: Expert Crystalshaper ability now properly points at the Crystalshaper school, not the NPC version of the school.
    • Fixed a bug with quest The Town Marshalls of Istaria where it would automatically completed.
    • Earn Title: Expert Crystalshaper quest is no longer repeatable.
    • Town Marhsall: Haunted Ruins quest now tracks all the higher level mobs in the western deadlands, not just Kwellen, Shadow Tarantulas and Wraiths.
    • Quest "Kerian's Quest: Learn how to socket a chest scale!" now properly refers to Ectoplasm, not Vapor.

Monsters

• Skeletal Warlords will now have stats at all levels in which they spawn.
    • Indestructible Fyakki are now known as Ul'zilgat Flayers or Defilers.
    • Split the two large spawn regions of Fyakki in the Eastern Deadlands into four (thereby increasing the quantity of spawns). They should no longer spawn inside walls or trees.
    • Brittle Fyakki are now known as Bloodletter Savages.
    • Cenotaph Guardians now have combat abilities, no spells, improved stats and resistances, and carry a weapon.
    • Elite Bone Vindicator now fight as Rangers.
    • Storm's Shadow now fights as an Undead Dragon.
    • Guardian of Faces now fights as a Lava Golem.
    • Ornate Chest in the Lesser Aradoth Deadlands now properly gives the "Strange Aura" effect. This Aura also has a description and is no longer dispellable.
    • Fiery Dire Wolves are now known as Crimson Shredders and Ravagers.
    • Adjusted the Zal'kuk spawns in the Fortress of Fire.
    • A Tier 4 Chest will now properly spawn in the Fortress of Fire (instead of more Adepts).
    • Adjusted the Fire Beetle spawns in Char.
    • Forest Skulk Hunt-Master no longer gets a damage boost.

Other

• Loyalty Vaults now cost 6 Tokens each instead of 8 and up.
    • The "Spring Festival Tent" has been renamed "Tavern tent" and is available during the summer festival also for this year to match the newly created lair chamber.
    • The Food Merchant for the Summer Festival now sells the Tavernkeeper Hiring Permit needed for both the tent and tavern lair chamber.
    • The spring event has ended and the NPC's have been moved on again, but the summer event has returned.
    • Player built houses, shops, and storage structures are all now marked as "medium" in size so that they will not be able to be built on the Memorial Island plots. This should not cause any change to regular plots, which should all be classified as medium or larger in size.
    • Resized and/or removed small plots from the following communities: Sandstone Bluffs, Guild: Amon, Guild: Immons, Guild: Sem, Guild: South Balzar. With the exception of three plots which are currently owned, this should remove the last of the plots which are under 1600 in size.
    • Pets now have descriptions which should aid players in determining which pet is best for their needs.
    Last edited by Velea; July 28th, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Default Re: Blight Update 260 (Coming Soon!)

Additional notes that are now part of this update.

Tutorials

• Many of the Tutorial files have been updated with this patch.
    • A new "Biped Information Center" exists on Spirit Island now. This information center has information unique to biped characters.
    • The "Dragon Information Center" on Skalkaar has been updated to include information unique to Dragons.
    • The Encyclopedia on Floating Island once again works. It includes different information than either the Spirit Island or Skalkaar Information Centers.
    • Many of the Tutorial files can be found by opening the Tutorial window from the "blue gem" Launch Button in game.
    • Skalkaar Island has been updated so that the quests are now part of the various NPC's "Quest Book". This means that the NPC's will show the "I have a quest for you" indicator rather than making players have to wonder.
    • All dragons now begin life right from the start as a level 1 Dragon Adventurer and level 1 Dragon Crafter.

Please take note that many of these changes are "works in progress" and will be updated further in future updates. Suggestions for other topics, reports of issues with the files, mistakes in information, etc, can be reported in a special thread on the forums.

Other Changes

• Abilities which did not have descriptions on them now will show as having descriptions.
    • Quest for the Master Builder now uses "or" constraints so players may have the new Title ability or the old emblem and will be offered the quest.
    • Exterminator has been changed from a title to an honorific.
    • Drain Bolt I: Primal Secrets, Fiendish Pride now will give players a copy of the basic Tempest 1 spell.
    • Title: Kion Militia Emblem will now read Private [insert character name here] of the Kion Militia
    • Journeyman Round Shield now has the proper requirements for scribing.

Server Updates

• Stackable items can now be deconstructed
    • Dead monsters that are also resource nodes (e.g. Golems, Wisps, etc) now properly respect assigned resource quantities. This means that different sizes of monster will be treated as different sizes of nodes.
    • Improved network message optimization by removing name and description of objects (instead using local lookup file).
    • Limit max overburden speed reduction to 75%
    • Allow new characters to automatically join a school (per design spec)
    • Feedback messages more clear for trading error conditions

Game Client

• Fixed problems with stackable items that are techniqued.
    • Fix to allow the 3D renderer to use multi-threaded code paths in shaders.
    • Fix to allow stackable items to be deconstructed during construction.
    • Fixed the Dragon Scale Forge map element so that it properly shows up.
    • Consolidated start up parameters so that ClientPrefs_Launch.def is only used
    • Updated the game client UI to have the new quest last completed date
    • Added feedback to item customize window when item can not be inscribed.
    • Fix for possible conditions leading to orphaned lair chambers
    • Allow free form lair building, and then validate connectivity at end of process
    • Fix for items with more than 5 techniques cause crash
    • Increase number of possible rendered particles on screen
    • Adjust inventory icon quantity to read 10k, 11k, etc.
    • Merge legacy systems for item load distance. Now use near, normal and always (depending on object)
    • Cleanup map files / regenerate map files
    • Optimizations for item loading
    • Chat Tabs do not flash if opacity is at 100%
    • Sawhorse icon
    • Gorgeous night and less transparent day sky
    Last edited by Yfelvik; July 25th, 2014 at 05:02 AM. Reason: even more notes
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Liking the whole world high detail map. I've noticed some islands are missing though, such as Peak of Storms. On purpose,or just unfinished/overlooked?
    Any chance players can build those same type maps like we did before with topomap?

I can see Peak of Storms just fine. The entire map is showing for me. However, the naming of many folders got changed. So that I didn't have duplicate folders, I did delete my entire /resources/interface/maps folder before patching though. I was wondering if some leftovers or duplicates might be messing something up. But the map.def file should prevent that. Hmm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Ok, weird, because I did delete my override maps folder as well. Plus took out the edits to the clientprefs_common.def and resourcemeta.def removing the references to maps and the override folder. I removed the whole override and now its working. Must have missed something.

Any chance players can make maps like these new ones?

Also noticing the water is missing on the new maps, but in general it looks much better, since it now shows rocks, structures, etc.

Found a bug: Getting a message "Inscription disabled because item is stackable" on scales, even on scales in my inventory that I have already inscribed. The pre-existing inscription is still there.
    DEV: This has been fixed - 2014.07.27

After a bit more testing, it seems to do this only to pre-inscribed scales. I was able to properly scribe a scale that had not yet been inscribed, then that scale also gave the above message. So, no big deal, just slightly misleading error.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; July 27th, 2014 at 04:45 AM.

Not officially a blight thing, but its been a while since I've used the game without map pack and noticing this. May I suggest a minor tweak to /resources/interface/themes/default/defs/UIMiniMapWindow.def ?

Change line Line 163: float BottomParentOffset = 50.0 (currently 56.0) so that the bottom button isn't trunicated.

DEV: This has been fixed - 2014.07.27
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yfelvik; July 27th, 2014 at 04:45 AM.

Per the Blight 259 notes (Changes, Fixes and Additions) it says:

Quest "Attunement to Island of Ice Expedition Camp" now properly attunes players to the correct pad.

This might work for a brand new player who was never attuned before (I dont know). But for an existing player (me) that has always been attuned (for years), even throughout all the recent blight patches and even re-attuned to previous blight patches -258), I can NOT port to this destination : "Island of Ice: Expedition Camp" while on Blight Server (its ok on Chaos/Order). The only portal (Bristugo) shows "Unavailable". Even though I have attuned on more than one occassion to the NPC at the "Expedition Camp", yet the portal (Bristugo) still shows "Unavailable". No npc's at Expedition Camp offers me to attune furthur...

Note I have TWO entries in my completed Quest Log:
    Attunement to Island of Ice Expedition Camp
    Attunement to Island of Ice Expedition Camp

Again, the portal from Bristugo still shows Unavailable, but I have attuned twice: pre-Blight 258 (years ago) and during Blight 258 (reattuned again recently).

I'm thinking if I can't port to Expedition Camp during current Blight patch (260), I won't be able to next delta patch either

To recap: I can NOT port nor attune futhur (already attuned twice) anymore while on Blight server (but Chaos/Order is still working OK) to the Isle of Ice Expedition Camp.

On Blight, I currently have to take portal Trandalar: Island of Fire and Ice (from Bristugo) (the small island mid point between Fire and Ice Isle) and fly very far to reach Expedition Camp. It's the only way possible currently to reach this site, on Blight (at least for me). If I play my biped I would be extremely sad (no flight)!
    Last edited by Cegaiel; July 28th, 2014 at 08:29 AM.

Items which have been reported and are in progress:

• Cellardus gives bad feedback message after completing the "Tiny Grass Beetles" quest.
      • EDIT: Unable to confirm or replicate this bug.

• Completed quests show as "0" times completed
      • EDIT: Reported to tech team for them to work on; verified that newly completed quests are registering in the database, so this looks to be some sort of display error only

• Gather step in "Collect 35 Uncut Garnet" quest appears to not be registering
      • EDIT: Unable to confirm or replicate this bug. Gathering the uncut garnet seems to register just fine.

• Blacksmith Quest 1: Quest says gather 75, but tutorial box says 55.
    • Gravus's quest's give bad tutorial box feedback when you reach the Table Saw and Stone Cutter during the appropriate quests.
    • New Encyclopedia on Spirit Island is floating in the air slightly.
    Last edited by Velea; July 28th, 2014 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    ..Quest "Attunement to Island of Ice Expedition Camp" now properly attunes players to the correct pad.)!
    Just checking, but did you try both of the bristugo teleporters that have had ice island ports in the past? Try both the back corner, and the one right next to it. I'm at work but will try to duplicate your issue after work. I am also already attuned to the old ice island pad.

I just did the attunement quest and the pad works for me. Maybe since you had tried the quest when it was bugged?

On Blight my level 38 toon was presented with 5 quests from the Dalimond Town Marshall. I took the one "Ruxus among us", completed it and received exp plus 2 tokens. Took it again and was advanced to level 39 by the quest exp and again received 2 tokens. The Dalimond Town Marshall now displayed 4 quests (the Ruxus quest not among them) and the Dalimond Town Marshall dialog stated that it is time to go to Mahagra or New Rachival Town Marshalls. I went to the Mahagra Town Marshall and he had no quests for me. It would seem that some further work on Town Marshalls may be in order, in addition to the previously reported lack of trade window on the Dalimond Town Marshall ( and now also on the Mahagra Town Marshall).

Knossos

Re-did Cellardus' quest, it worked fine although I did notice when getting the protectorate ability, the tutorial said it was something I could cast on myself to intercept damage, when in fact it is meant to be cast on a friend.

Deleted and restarted the garnet collection step, and it all worked fine.

EDIT: Fixed the tutorial.
    Last edited by Velea; July 29th, 2014 at 01:24 PM.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Default Re: Blight Update 260

I think I did try the attunement when it was bugged. I'm also thinking I might have posted something about this a while back, since I found an image for it, so sorry for a duplicate all.

Just wasn't sure if this was happening to everyone, but thanks for checking Guaran.
    On Blight, there isn't that Island of Ice destination like it is on Blight. I have to run from the tiny island.

Default Re: Blight Update 260

Not sure if it has been brought up yet but on quest completed quest, on the list it shows count "0" and last completed "Never".
    DEV: This issue has been fixed and will be released in the next Blight update.

Also in /who Regions are blank.

on a personal note Fyakki could still be tweaked another 100% or so.

Andy.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 4th, 2014 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    On Blight my level 38 toon was presented with 5 quests from the Dalimond Town Marshall. I took the one "Ruxus among us", completed it and received exp plus 2 tokens. Took it again and was advanced to level 39 by the quest exp and again received 2 tokens. The Dalimond Town Marshall now displayed 4 quests (the Ruxus quest not among them) and the Dalimond Town Marshall dialog stated that it is time to go to Mahagra or New Rachival Town Marshalls. I went to the Mahagra Town Marshall and he had no quests for me. It would seem that some further work on Town Marshalls may be in order, in addition to the previously reported lack of trade window on the Dalimond Town Marshall ( and now also on the Mahagra Town Marshall).

Knossos
    Both are fixed, they were not listed as Pawnbrokers as they should have been.

You should not have been able to take the Ruxus Among Us quest immediately again if you just completed it. That's an odd bug that I'm not sure what happened. There is no level cap on the TM quests any longer, but they can be repeated only on a daily basis.

Fixed the persistent dialog so you won't be directed to Mahagra until you've reached level 41.

Also note that for your level, you would do better to get quests out of Chiconis as they're targeted for the 30's levels, though of course nothing is stopping you from doing any of the quests from Chiconis on down.

You might want to consider removing the Shrine at Old Tutorial Island M... I mean on Memorial Island. Position is 19038.88, 1594.11, 539.05

Bipeds and Hatchies will have a problem if they bind themselves "accidentally" to the Memorial Island and never will be able to get away again, becoming a Memorial themselves ;D

*totally ignores scrolls *
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Odd, that should have been deleted... twice actually.

I'll try a different method for deleting it this time.

As I had no worldcache for blight at all (deleted the whole folder before login) cannot be a refreshing problem.

I know that on the Old Tutorial Islands there sometimes where two Shrines. Maybe only one was removed
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

Small addition

Should it be this way that I cannot see Regions in player search as well as no coordinates on compass?

Last edited by Yfelvik; August 4th, 2014 at 08:26 AM.

The missing regions was an oops that got introduced during one of the simulation updates. Some dead code wasn't actually dead. We have a fix, but it wasn't checked in in time for the update that went to Blight. I'll ask about getting that out, though it'll require a shard restart.

The fix also addresses individual character locations not showing up in the player search (the screen you get after hitting "search"), and the region names not showing on the screen as you wander around the world.

Not sure about the compass. Do you have it set to show your location?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information