Thread: Hello - complete newbie here

Default Hello - complete newbie here

Greetings all...I am Dedawen, currently at level 13 Dragon adventurer working my way through Istaria. I admit I am finding a few things confusing but I do enjoy it so far, especially the crafting although that has been hard (sometimes the craft instructors will give me quests, sometimes they won't). Some of the Adventure quests are confusing - when I was level 10 Gerix was giving me quests to kill level 15 - 18 mobs, for example - but I'm working my way up there.

Anyway...nice to meet you all, hope to see some other players in game. Its been a bit empty!

Peace!

Dedawen

Edited to add: Does anyone use the in-came Chat channels? I been in a couple and could hear the crickets...

Default Re: Hello - complete newbie here

You didn't say what shard you are on. Chaos uses Market Place and New Player Assistance chat channels a lot. A couple of good places for info is http://istariareference.com/ and http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Hope this helps you out a bit
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Oh sorry that would help, huh - I'm on the RP one, I think its Order?

When I did dragon it was very confusing as far as quests go. Can't say if its 100% accurate, but for the most part it is. This helped me a lot: http://istaria-guides.com/dragon/dragon-cheat-sheet

I have occasionally visited Order shard, did seem a bit more empty there than Chaos server.

Also note, there was sort of a bug, not sure if it exists. But when doing the Kion quests (Adv Gerix or Xannaris - Crafting) you could only accept one at a time. ie could not have an open quest from both npc's at same time. So keep that in mind too as a possibility. I recall having to delete a crafting quest from the quest log in order to pick up a new quest from Gerix. Again, I'm not 100% sure if this issue still exists.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 7th, 2014 at 06:35 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thank you for your reply - and yes I believe the quests are still bugged. I could only accept from one at a time. I've finally completed the New Trismus quests, all but killing Urgat the Wicked... he chewed me up and handed me back in pieces.

Also on a side note, a few things were a bit misleading: For example I was informed I could wear the first wing slot at level 10. This may have been true but I was unable to MAKE the wing armor until level 11 (to use the formula required 100+ skill, and at level 10 crafting my skill was only 94. So essentially I was unable to wear it until I could make it, at level 11).

If you had tried to make the armor in a player built shop your skill would have been high enough, (expert shop +75, Jman +50, Beginner +25). Lairs machines have similar + to skill.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Also note, there was sort of a bug, not sure if it exists. But when doing the Kion quests (Adv Gerix or Xannaris - Crafting) you could only accept one at a time. ie could not have an open quest from both npc's at same time. So keep that in mind too as a possibility. I recall having to delete a crafting quest from the quest log in order to pick up a new quest from Gerix. Again, I'm not 100% sure if this issue still exists.
    This is not a bug, Cegiael. It is by design that you only have one quest active for this particular "starter" levels of quests. It is not until you start doing your lvl 20 ability quests that you may have more than one active from different NPC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    If you had tried to make the armor in a player built shop your skill would have been high enough, (expert shop +75, Jman +50, Beginner +25). Lairs machines have similar + to skill.
    Hm ok I didn't know about player built shops. As I said, complete newbie! Would be nice to meet some folks in game, but I don't see too many.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dedawen View Post
    Hm ok I didn't know about player built shops. As I said, complete newbie! Would be nice to meet some folks in game, but I don't see too many.
    I don't see what shard you are on. Would you mind clearing that up?
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstryke View Post
    I don't see what shard you are on. Would you mind clearing that up?
    Sure I mentioned below, I'm on Order.

Maybe consider testing the waters on Chaos server too. Might see a few more folks over here too
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Hello Dedawen,
    If you are on in the evenings Pacific time, give me a shout. We could group up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dedawen View Post
    Sure I mentioned below, I'm on Order.
    ok if you were on chaos id say go look for the chat channel Zamolxes Fiery Spirit guild chat (very nice members only on chaos)
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

Thread Information