Thread: Error ID: 12 and missing character on login

Default Error ID: 12 and missing character on login

I am posting this thread as a desperate plea for help for my character who is currently suffering from severe problems with both authentication and loading character stats. it all started with the new update on the 21st of august when my character started to repeatedly fail to log in, every time I try to sign in with a character (Donairian Tower on order) I reach the 'loading character stats' subtitle and then the browser closes suddenly and I am left with this error message.

Error ID: 12 (authentication error)

I sent a ticket to Istaria support describing my problem and ended up with a reply from vi_yfelvik the very next day, he gave me a list of steps to follow regarding a troubleshoot of this particular error message which I dutifully followed to no avail. the problem refused to change despite my best efforts and I was forced to sent a reply to vi_yfelvik saying I needed more help. the trouble was I received no response and I proceeded to keep on replying to the ticket in a bid to get his attention back, I still have received no more support regarding this issue leaving me to deal with this problem by myself.

after waiting another day I decided to try and resolve the issue myself, my friend purpleshadow suggested re-installing the entire game which I did, after wrestling with a small virus which was trying to access my computer while I was re-installing I managed to re-install the Istaria browser while locking out the virus with a firewall. thinking the virus was the problem I started up Istaria again and managed this time to actually log on past the character stats, only I noticed the stats were taking an unusually long time to load and after waiting a while I cam eface to face with this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1&l=20819e21fc

Trust me I would not be posting this on this forum unless I seriously had no other option, the Istaria support for whatever reason has decided not to respond to my updates meaning I must make new efforts to get this problem addressed.
    'the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' -Edmund Burke

Default Re: Error ID: 12 and missing character on login

I'm wondering if your windows firewall is preventing login. Try going to Control Panel, System & Security, Windows Firewall. On left side of screen, temporarily disable firewall (Click link "Turn Windows Firewall on or off").

If that allows you to log into the game, then there probably isn't a rule setup for the game.
    If this is the case. On the same page, click the "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall" link.
    Look through the list of programs there. Do you see "Istaria" or Horizons (possibly)? If so, is the first checkbox ticked (under Home/Work)? If not, then tick it. If you do not see a listing at all, then manually add it:

Click the Change Settings button at top.
    Click the Allow Another Program... button at bottom.
    Click the Browse Button, then navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\istaria.exe

You should now see this on the list of programs on the first page discussed above. Double check to make sure the first checkbox is ticked.
    Don't forget to turn back on Windows Firewall!

You might also need to manually add the ports the game uses to your router.
    I'm sure you was given this link before, but here it is: https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=22 . However, I have never had to manually add ports on my router, I guess it could depend on your settings.

Try to open a CMD prompt (Window Key + R) type CMD.
    At the prompt, type ping 68.142.64.210 and see if you are getting replies back TTL's.

If you are getting timeouts, type this in the command prompt:

tracert 68.142.64.210 and see where it is timing out at. Here is an example of what you should be seeing:
    Also try to tracert play.istaria.com as well (I believe this is the ip# that does the authentication).

This is an example of what you should be seeing, no timeouts:

Last edited by Cegaiel; August 24th, 2014 at 12:44 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Error ID: 12 and missing character on login

thank you for the response it was extremely helpful, I've finally managed to log on again yesterday and although I was busy at the time I made note to thank you cegaiel, let me just guide you through what I checked.

I started up the control panel and went straight to windows firewall via the search option, I clicked on 'allow a program through' and examined the list of programs, I found Istaria and noticed it was ticked which meant it was being allowed through, while I was in there I also blocked various toolbars which I believed were hindering my computer performance. after this I ran a full scan on Istaria and tried logging on to my order character (donairian) and have successfully logged on.

the thing is though even though I am able to log on again the start up screen still does not look normal, several subtitles repeated a number of times including the stats and backpack which made me think they were being frequently reloaded during startup but ultimately I did log on and everything seemed normal.

is the change in start up anything to worry about?
    'the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' -Edmund Burke

Thread Information