Thread: "Player lists" how copy info from one char to another?

Question "Player lists" how copy info from one char to another?

Question.
    I didn't find separated file, that can be simply loaded and copied, like "note" file.
    Can someone answer please, how copy "player lists" info from one char to another?
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

Default Re: "Player lists" how copy info from one char to another?

If you're referring to your friends list you cannot copy it between characters. This information is held server-side for each character.

You could take a screenshot of the list and while referring to the screenshot add the names when logged on as the new character.

too bad.
    yes, I've use screenshot-method, but!..I wander, how solve it people with 10 chars and hundred in lists?!

If not only me interested mayby then we suggest make copying possible?
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    too bad.
    yes, I've use screenshot-method, but!..I wander, how solve it people with 10 chars and hundred in lists?!

If not only me interested mayby then we suggest make copying possible?
    *cough* me
    i have 14 chracters, 12 of which should have the same player lists...but i'd have to copy way over 100 names...

please can we get a method to transfer it?

Unless there is some reason that these lists must be server side I seems to me that moving them to client would handily solve Krin's wish aid imho make may players "happier campers" too. Most anything that does not need to be transferred from server at each and every login is a good thing unless there is a good reason for it to be server storage.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Unless there is some reason that these lists must be server side I seems to me that moving them to client would handily solve Krin's wish aid imho make may players "happier campers" too. Most anything that does not need to be transferred from server at each and every login is a good thing unless there is a good reason for it to be server storage.

Knossos
    You get a new computer, install Istaria, and find that you have no friends list.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You get a new computer, install Istaria, and find that you have no friends list.
    in opposite: you install new istaria, and realise you lost all your settings and hotkeys (especialy bad for biped) but it solved easyly with backup. why friend list can not be stored in Pref folder, as notes hotkeys, and local prefs are?

for myself, I find easer transfer prefs from comp to comp on flesh-card, then rewrite hole name-list name by name 10 times.

Please, think, how this can be solved.
    Thanx
    Greedy dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    in opposite: you install new istaria, and realise you lost all your settings and hotkeys (especialy bad for biped) but it solved easyly with backup. why friend list can not be stored in Pref folder, as notes hotkeys, and local prefs are?

for myself, I find easer transfer prefs from comp to comp on flesh-card, then rewrite hole name-list name by name 10 times.

Please, think, how this can be solved.
    Thanx
    If you install a new copy of Istaria but use the same character as before you wouldn't need the backup as you'd have your friends list again. Its only using a different character that you don't.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I can write clearly?
    I repeat again.
    if you instal a new copy of Istaria without backup, you lose all you settings. so you need backup to play you char as you leave it. and why not include player lists in prefs too then, if you need backup anyway?
    Greedy dragon

Thread Information