Thread: Play does not work right for selected character first time only after logging in

Default Play does not work right for selected character first time only after logging in

I'm not sure if this is something about my computer specifically or if others experience it too.

After logging in with the launcher, I activate support logs, select my character, and hit PLAY. Every time I first do this, the game does not start up properly. Sometimes I see a faded loading screen, but usually not. If I open task manager, it shows Istaria running. I can manually close it there, go back to the launcher, hit PLAY again, and then the game works properly.

Also, when trying to write messages to these forums, it is very difficult because many of my keystrokes are simply lost. I do not experience this on other forums.

Both of these have been going on for me for quite some time.

Does anyone else experience these things? Is it just me?
    Last edited by awdz; September 14th, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Default Re: Play does not work right for selected character first time only after logging in

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Also, when trying to write messages to these forums, it is very difficult because many of my keystrokes are simply lost. I do not experience this on other forums.
    I get this problem on the forums regularly, when I investigated it using the developer tools built into the web browser it turned out that there are several javascript methods that go into unnecessary recursive loops whenever the post editor is active. I looked into those methods further and it turns out they're not poorly coded - they actually check the user agent and vary their behaviour based upon choice of browser. I hate it when web developers deliberately sabotage their code so it works fine on one browser, and works poorly (if at all) on all other browsers.

Support logs enabled for the client works okay for me, no problems there. Hope you are able to get that resolved.

Default Re: Play does not work right for selected character first time only after logging in

Support logs works fine for me. Its the option of "Launch with Support Client" that never works for me. Always have to do a full scan to undo the istaria.exe and a few of the .dll files it replaces while using that option, before I can get the game to start again.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information