Thread: Latest Patch on Order has major issues

Default Latest Patch on Order has major issues

Myself and several friends of mine who just got online on Order are having some major problems:
    1. Craft abilities give no effect
    2. Hoard items show no hoard value
    3. No option to hoard said items

Not sure what was done to cause this but this needs to be addressed.

EDIT: Problem #1 has resolved itself on my end

FIX: A hot fix for this issue has been released to all shards.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; September 17th, 2014 at 04:52 PM.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Default Re: Latest Patch on Order has major issues

same here

thy Mach- you`ve been faster^^

Edit: craft abilities are back

ghosty^^
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; September 16th, 2014 at 05:14 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I can confirm this.
    'the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' -Edmund Burke

There was no patch so nothing code-wise broke this. Give it a bit more time for the server to "settle down". I'll let the network admin know to keep an eye on Order.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Amon, will keep an eye on this.

Hoard prob is on Chaos too- jfyi
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Apparently it's just those of us who logged in shortly after the server went online, Pharaxes showed that he did not have this issue and after several relogs I do have the issue still

The problem still hasn't fixed for me either, but other people that have logged on later do not have the same problem.
    'the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' -Edmund Burke

Note, Hoard Values on items doesn't display nor the option to right click/add things to Hoard doesn't appear on Chaos either!

FIX: A hot fix for this issue has been released to all shards.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; September 17th, 2014 at 04:52 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

confirm. no hoard value on Order
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

It was working fine on Monday, then on Tuesday it was not on Chaos. fyi

Haven't logged in yet today, well post what I find when I do.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

I can confirm that Hoard is working fine on Chaos server for me
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Logged in today and the hoard values are back

Just updated and I can confirm that the horde is fixed, thank you devs

hmm. after update hoard value appears, true.
    but it means, something was changed! ~8m 26 files what was changed? and can you list files?
    (actualy it is better every time gave list of changed files)
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    but it means, something was changed! ~8m 26 files what was changed? and can you list files?
    (actualy it is better every time gave list of changed files)
    Not comprehensive (things like the main binary and now the client lookup definitions are 'regulars' in the patching process) but this little list should give you a quick overview of some of the changes with the most recent patch:

resources\definitions\characters\human_f\human_f_a nim_gathering.def
    resources\definitions\clutter\clutter_grasslands_s ummer.def
    resources\definitions\tradeskill\track_cut00_relea se.def
    resources\definitions\tradeskill\track_harvestlow0 0_release.def
    resources\definitions\tradeskill\track_harvestmid0 0_release.def
    resources\definitions\tradeskill\track_hide00_rele ase.def
    resources\sound\tradeskills\Sound_Tradeskill.def
    resources\textures\structures\decor\decor_flowerin g_plants_01.sha
    resources\textures_agh\clutter\clutter_wildflower_ 01.agf
    resources\textures_agh\clutter\clutter_wildflower_ 02.agf
    resources\textures_agh\clutter\clutter_wildflower_ 03.agf
    resources\textures_agh\clutter\clutter_wildflower_ 04.agf
    resources\textures_agh\clutter\clutter_wildflower_ 05.agf
    resources\textures_agh\clutter\clutter_wildflower_ 06.agf
    resources\textures_agh\clutter\clutter_wildflower_ 07.agf
    resources\textures_agh\clutter\clutter_wildflower_ 08.agf
    resources\textures_agh\clutter\clutter_wildflower_ 09.agf
    resources\textures_agh\structures\decor\decor_flow ering_plants_01.agh

If you want to monitor changes between patches yourself then make a backup of your master file list prior to patching. After patching is complete, compare the backup to the new file and you can see which entries have changed on a patch-by-patch basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    If you want to monitor changes between patches yourself then make a backup of your master file list prior to patching. After patching is complete, compare the backup to the new file and you can see which entries have changed on a patch-by-patch basis.
    I got another trick, for everyone, to finding the differences in patches (makeshift patch log). What Tzael recommended is the easiest way But if you forget to do that, heres how you can still figure out what files has changed since any date you wish to query.

Most systems have Microsoft Power Shell installed (if not its a free download). To check if you have it, hit Winkey + R and type CMD. Now type powershell at the command prompt. If you get an error, you don't have it installed. If you do, then you should see a prompt like this:

PS C:\Windows >

Now type this at the Power Shell prompt:

Code:
    dir "C:\program files (x86)\Istaria" -r | ? {! $_.PSIsContainer -AND $_.lastwritetime -ge '04/8/14'} > output.txt
    This command will show all the files that have been updated since 4/8/14 (April 8, 2014), which was when the current milestone "A Bitter Wind" was released. This will also dump the results in a file called output.txt (in the same folder that currently shows at the "PS" prompt).

Of course you can change the date to compare since last patch. Last patch was Delta 262 on Sept 2, 2014. So this would be:

Code:
    dir "C:\program files (x86)\Istaria" -r | ? {! $_.PSIsContainer -AND $_.lastwritetime -ge '09/1/14'} > output.txt
    The downside to this, is it will also show stuff in your /prefs folder which is going to change almost everytime you play, so you'll want to filter that out. But you could just use the /resources folder only to show the important stuff, ie:

Code:
    dir "C:\program files (x86)\Istaria\resources" -r | ? {! $_.PSIsContainer -AND $_.lastwritetime -ge '09/1/14'} > output.txt

Now, I use a different folder for my game installation, so note you will see different folder names, but here is how the output.txt looks like, since Live Delta 262 was released:

Code:

Directory: C:\games\istaria\resources

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name                              
    ----                -------------     ------ ----                              
    -a---          9/7/2014   5:00 AM   13700436 ClientLookups.def                 
    -a---         9/16/2014  11:52 PM        243 ResourceMeta.def.auc              

Directory: C:\games\istaria\resources\definitions\characters\human_f

-a---         9/16/2014   9:27 AM      11327 human_f_anim_gathering.def        

Directory: C:\games\istaria\resources\definitions\clutter

-a---         9/16/2014   9:40 AM       2849 clutter_grasslands_summer.def     

Directory: C:\games\istaria\resources\definitions\tradeskill

-a---         9/16/2014   9:25 AM        343 track_cut00_release.def           
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:25 AM        359 track_harvestlow00_release.def    
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:25 AM        359 track_harvestmid00_release.def    
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:25 AM        345 track_hide00_release.def          

Directory: C:\games\istaria\resources\interface\themes\default\defs

-a---          9/3/2014  11:18 AM       2180 UIQuestProposalWindow.def         

Directory: C:\games\istaria\resources\sound\tradeskills

-a---         9/16/2014   9:28 AM       9104 Sound_Tradeskill.def              

Directory: C:\games\istaria\resources\textures\structures\decor

-a---         9/16/2014   9:36 AM        168 decor_flowering_plants_01.sha     

Directory: C:\games\istaria\resources\textures_agh\clutter

-a---         9/16/2014   9:39 AM       7943 clutter_wildflower_01.agf         
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:39 AM       7190 clutter_wildflower_02.agf         
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:39 AM       5920 clutter_wildflower_03.agf         
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:39 AM      13136 clutter_wildflower_04.agf         
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:39 AM      10440 clutter_wildflower_05.agf         
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:39 AM       5297 clutter_wildflower_06.agf         
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:39 AM       3464 clutter_wildflower_07.agf         
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:39 AM       1706 clutter_wildflower_08.agf         
    -a---         9/16/2014   9:39 AM       4961 clutter_wildflower_09.agf         

Directory: C:\games\istaria\resources\textures_agh\structures\decor

-a---         9/16/2014   9:38 AM     349840 decor_flowering_plants_01.agh

Credits to Rick for showing me this method a while back.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information