Thread: Missing Water Textures

Default Missing Water Textures

I seem to have misplaced the ocean, somehow. At a distance the textures appear to be loading in only to disappear when approached. I suspect it may be from one of the mods that I am using, which include the Tooth & Claw, Sounds & Emotes, Alternate Icons, and Colorful Hoard mods. Has anyone else using these mods ever experienced this issue? Thanks!

Default Re: Missing Water Textures

It's not just you, have been getting this problem ever since the game update on August 19th roughly a month ago. I reported it in the bugs topic but despite a few client patches the problem still exists. The only mod I'm running with Horizons is the map pack but I already know it's not responsible. At first a few of my guildmates decided to see how far they could explore empty ocean beds, but seems most got bored of that fairly quickly.

I would suggest trying to clear the world cache (which is responsible for showing the hydro entity (water) in the game, in the first place).

On the game launcher, click the 'Troubleshoot' button, then check the "Clear World Cache" box once. See how that goes. If no change, try the "force load terrain" trick".

This is done by standing near where you "don't" see water. Now exit the game (Click X on upper right corner, or click blue dot, Exit game. After you answer "YES", immediately click the "Stop Action" button (or hotkey, usually the space bar). This will abort your exit, but will also force some missing terrains to load. See if either of these methods helps.

Yes, although I didn't experience this, I have heard of this being a common issue. I hope this might help.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I will certainly try those methods, though I am glad to not be the only one, it seems. Thanks!

I ended up reinstalling the game, and now the ocean is back! Maybe my files just got too cluttered.

I hope someone can investigate this and determine the cause and proper fix. I really do not want to flush my worldcache as it is so time consuming to re-populate it... And I suspect it isn't the worldcache anyway, how could the entire world go from having perfectly normal water to having 80% missing water after a single update? It's something else.

I think it is more likely a setting from the older client such as view distance or something else causing the issue. Maybe a bug in the client, or an outdated setting, or a setting that needs some adjustment.

Make a backup of your worldcache folder, then delete it, see if water shows up afterwards. If that doesn't work, could do another back up of prefs folder, then try to tick the "Reset Global Prefs" box on the game launcher's Troubleshoot button. If you can get water after one of those two, then might be on a solution. Just taking a couple shots in the dark...
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information