Thread: How to use recharge kits?

Default How to use recharge kits?

Ok,my blighted chainmail and cloak charges deplted. I made shining Tailoring Recharge kits but now I have no idea how to use them. I remember you used to right click your blighted item and click "Use" but I don't see that option anymore. I tried to drag and drop the kit on them but it didn't work. Ideas?

Default Re: How to use recharge kits?

Sounds like a bug if you can't right-click and use the blighted item. Basically that's the only way to recharge blighted items.

I just tried with Armorcraft recharge kits but that doesnt seem to help either. i still dont see "Use" option :/

can't you just drag and drop a recharge kit onto it?
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    can't you just drag and drop a recharge kit onto it?
    i tried that too,no effect.

You are sure you are using the right Tier recharching kits?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

yep,shining kits for ironsilk/mithril chainmail armor

Blighted gear has a recharge value, this means that a blighted part can be depleted over time. You need to look at the item then what kind of item is needed to recharge the blighted part. To recharge it, you use item. However, the item can only be recharged a couple of items and becomes unusable after. Have you recharged it a few times already? Might be time for the trash can?

I'll try to make a piece shortly and confirm if it can be recharged or if theres a bug.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Blighted weapons recharge by use, blighted armor recharges by simply equipping it while you have a recharge kit in your inventory. It should automatically consume the recharge kit and apply the charges to the item when you attempt to equip it, otherwise you simply would not be able to equip the item. Also, make sure you have the correct tier and type of recharge kit, there are several types of kits. A tailoring kit should work for the cloak, but you will need an armorcraft recharge kit for the chainmail.

I'm really rusty on blighted gear, I rarely use them and last time was at least a year ago. Thanks Garrick for pointing out that armor is done by simply equipping, instead of a Use option.

Ok, so I did do a test, I made Blighted Iron Chainmail Armguards.

Charges initially shows: 750/750
    Everytime I unequip and requip it, it drops by 5 points

745/750
    740/750
    735/750
    etc

So I setup hotkey and toggled it 150 times, I was expecting it to eventually reach 0/750 at which time, a recharge kit option (my thinking, before Garrick pointed that no option appears) would eventually show up. I was not able to deplete my charges, completely (got stuck at 1 point).

No matter how many times I equip it, it will not go below 1/750 . I can keep equipping it forever, there is a bug, it seems at least on that part.

After it dropped to 1/750, I went ahead and made a Pale Armorcraft Recharge Kit, just to see if it would consume it and recharge back to 750.

Nope, the recharge kit is still there and I can keep equipping it. Since it will not drop to zero, then it never needs recharged?!

Not sure if this is on all tiers, or just T2, or just that one piece I made. But yeah, there is a bug at least.

If this is the case, is yours depleted to zero? If not, then seems you don't need a recharge kit, does it let you equip it? If an item is fully depleted, then I believe it will not allow you to equip it, until you recharge it.

Left window is immediately after I made it. Right window seems like a bug, it will not drop to 0. By it having at least 1 point, it will never need a recharge kit.

I can not test any pieces that are fully depleted (ie 0/750), since it won't let me deplete it. So unsure about your issue, Salwirk.

Last edited by Cegaiel; September 21st, 2014 at 02:51 AM.

sadly the cloaks charges reached 0 and i cant equip it anymore. maybe your bug is t2 only.

EDIT interesting. just tried another piece of armor that was almsot deplted. on last equip it went to 1 and wont go below and can equip anytime. i guess i have to get new healers cloak

uh nvm...after some time it went down to 0 and i cant equip bracer as well...lol what is going on?

Hmm...

I repeated my previous test. The last time I didn't keep trying to equip it for too long after it got to 1/750. This time I repeated same test. Additionally, I made a Blighted Fine Iron Maul. It also stopped at 1/750. Once the maul and the bracer dropped to 1/750, I setup a hotkey to toggle (unequip/equip) every 1 seconds for about 5-10 mins (simulating about 300+ "equips") after reaching 1/750.

Neither the bracer or maul ever dropped to 0. Maybe it is T2. Seems to apply to both armor and weapons now. I can't test anything to actually see if a recharge kit will every be needed, to see if it consume the recharge kit. It never drops to zero for me, at least T2. I don't have much higher.

I couldn't test out any of the blighted Jman forms. To make blighted Jman blight cores, you really can't. Blighted Glowing Essence (does not exist, except the rare bonus glowing essence drops (while doing pales) from Rastiphan, who has time for that!) nor I am unaware of Blighted Brights either (hmm, catch 22, eh?). How does one make Jman Blight Cores, when Blighted Glowing and Bright Essence is so rare (or non existent)? Don't have any blighted cape/tailoring/cloth forms either to test, sorry.

So unless I could make or get some blighted gear from loot (T3-T5) (since it can't be made), unable to test furthur... Some really screwy going on with blight gear and recharging...

I have used blighted gear extensively over the years, so i can say what you are reporting Cegaiel is certainly a bug. Once the charges drop to 1 or 0 the item should no longer be able to be equipped. In fact in my experience once a blighted items charges drop to that level it automatically gets unequipped and you should get feedback saying that the charges are depleted. Its been a while since i depleted a blighted items charges but as i recall, a weapon should have the use option, and armor should automatically consume the kit when you try to equip it. It possible they both should have the use option, but i havent depleted enough items to say if thats the case. I have a stock of blight cores of all tiers, so i can make a few items and give it a try.
    Keep in mind also that blighted items have always functioned a bit oddly. Some blighted items dont have formulas associated with them, its very possible that these items also cannot be recharged. Thats something to look in to. I believe the charges should always deplete down to 0, if you look at the depletion rate it is usually in increments of 5, 1 for weapons i think. If they stop at 1 it is almost certainly a bug. All the items i have depleted have always hit 0 charges.
    As i stated though, blighted items have always functioned a bit oddly so its not surprising at all to find bugs with them. Nothing much has been done with blighted items in a long time. There was a thread discussing possible changes to blighted items not long ago, perhaps changes and fixes are in the works, we'll have to wait and see.

I was able to reproduce this issue. It's a "feature" that you can equip an item that is almost out of charges. Just because something doesn't have charges, doesn't mean you can't wear it to walk around. I've let the developers know about this problem and they are going to add a feedback message warning about the number of charges and that it is being equipped anyway.

Wanted to add a tidbit of info that I was unaware of (reference for any searching for info about blighted gear in future)...

Blighted gear has a cost to equip and a cost when you enter combat. 5 charge to equip and 1 charge to enter combat (it's on a 60 second timer, per unit of charge, so multiple combat are possible).

When you first equip, it's good for 5 minutes, then after that it's good for 1 minute per time you enter combat. It will refresh itself and use another charge after the 1 minute.

So if you have a piece of gear on with only 1 charge remaining, its going to hit 0 the instant you go into combat.

The issue of recharging is still being investigated.

Thread Information