Thread: Cows

Default Cows

Wish List: I do not know if this would be easy or not. But I would like the cows to stop moving while collecting milk from them. The pen in New Trismus is fairly large and you have to constantly follow them or else eventually get a "too far away" message.

Kind of same principle as the wisps. Once you start harvesting them, they stop moving. Wisps would be annoying if they kept moving (just like the cows).

Gathering a few milk wouldn't be a big deal, but was gathering 10k and what a chore it was

I don't think this needs to be done to sheep, since you only get Kenaf from the live ones (most would rather gather kenaf from a kenaf field).

I haven't had a need to gather eggs from live Chickens quite yet, but suspect that might come into play with those, too.

Thanks for you consideration!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Cows

If you've mastered dispirit foe, you can cast it on the cows and they'll stand quietly right near you as you milk them. I have not noticed any taint to the milk when I do this, so I think it's okies. Same concept applies to gathering from other creatures (e.g., chickens, wisps).

Thanks, someone had suggested this the next day to me, in game Been doing that now. Not sure why I never thought of that. Guess because I haven't been adventuring in quite a while.

It does work well, but Dispirit Foe only works on one target. I am fortunate enough to be level 100 cleric, so I have mastered the level 48 Dispirit Foes (AoE version) for multiple cows. But some confectioners might not have either the Level 9 or the 48 version, since its Cleric only ability. Its a 1:00 min recycle which is fair. But on the single target version, I've been able to drain a cow in less than 1:00. I'd probably just rather follow the cow instead of keep spamming that hotkey. But dispirit foeS is another story, that's worth it (since its AoE and pulls many cows to you).

If the cows can't be made to behave like the wisps (they stop moving once you start harvesting them), then another idea might be just to limit their movement. While I was gathering some veggies at Wellston Farm (just outside Dalimond's east gate 224/227), I was watching the chickens there... They move a few steps, then stop quite a while. Then repeat. That behavior could be a good alternative too. Not sure if all chickens follow the pattern of the ones on that farm, but that would be idea, too. Either stop moving (like wisp) or maybe only take 5-10 steps, stop for a while, repeat, like those chickens

Lots of things use Milk; butter, cheese, buttermilk, cream cheese, heavy cream, sweet condensed milk, cream... So I find I have to gather these a lot. Thanks for listening to my sales pitch again

Patch of Bramble I spell is another good one. Larger Area of 10 vs 8 of Dispirit Foes. I tend to "net" more cows with that. No damage to cows like the Dispirit Foes ability. Downside, they don't move for 15s. Use the lowest one, as the higher Tier spells have a longer time they can't move.

Kill each cow when it is out of milk. Sounds cruel but they respawn in a short time and are refilled with milk - and - there is no longer a need to keep track of which cows you have not yet milked. When using dispirit foes, some have respawned before you finish milking the ones patiently waiting to be milked.

Knossos

Thread Information