Thread: broken mob spawns

Default broken mob spawns

Will the redbacked spiders, mountain wolves, and Storm`s Shadow spawns be fixed next main period? just asking cuz I would love to finish my quests they`ve been on hold now already 2 weeks due to said mobs being missing.

(please put in correct thread if I put in wronge one)

Default Re: broken mob spawns

Not even the devs know if the spawns will randomly fix themselves. For what its worth though, I don't think I've ever seen a glitched spawn stay broken for more than 2 weeks, so there's a good chance they'll fix themselves this maint.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

I have once seen a mob spawn be broken spawn actually be broken 2 weeks in a row. But I've never seen a named broken, even if his spawn type is broken. ie Storm's Shadow is a werewolf. If werewolves were a broken spawn, he should still spawn. Not sure if you on Chaos or Order, but I just saw Storm's Shadow wandering around the marker on map pack at 230/265. Also see regular moutain wolf and alpha's at 224/263. I'm also seeing all the different flavors of Redbacked (Solder, Hatchling, Worker, Breeder) by Aughundell. There isn't any spiders named "Redbacked Spider". They all have a suffix. If you're doing Spiked Scales (or whichever dragon quest) that requires you kill them, then any of those should count. Try different ones. I can't look on Order, but Chaos looks just fine to me.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    If you're doing Spiked Scales (or whichever dragon quest) that requires you kill them, then any of those should count.
    I have a quest that requires Redbacked Spider workers/soldiers and I can't use all Redbacked spiders for it. Only Breeders are spawning on order (I started a topic on it, because it's weird that only one type of spider is spawning not the rest, but it seems to have disappeared...)

This is especially problematic since only Redbacked Spider Workers will drop a Redbacked Spider eye, which is necessary for the RoP quest.
    Last edited by Shemonster; January 7th, 2015 at 08:52 PM.

A fix is set for next Blight update (264) but it will take some time to work to Live shards. Sorry, please hang in there!

Per patch notes: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post300825

•As a temporary change/fix for characters doing their RoP quest, the Redbacked Spider Worker Eye has been renamed Redbacked Spider Eye and will drop from all spiders for those who are on the quest. The quantities of redbacked spiders other than breeders have also been adjusted in hopes that the delta process will "kick start" this spawn again, especially on Order shard.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information