Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] dragon armor bug

Default [Resolved] dragon armor bug

In the last days I noticed,
    that both of my dragons loose armor points- without doing anything- just sitting around:

Luna and Lov both have an armor (in full scales - NO buffs) of AT LEAST 2200something.

Lov goes down from 2278 to 1700
    Luna from 2438 to 1958

If I relog- the correct number is back again.

I have no idea why- I have millions of hoard- wear the same scales (did not change-) do not fight just walk around.
    I had that month before- but did not test again-

does anyone else experience the same? pls check your armor points now and then- much appreciated.
    Devs- any idea?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: dragon armor bug

I haven't noticed this but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

You sure you don't have True Grit on? Do you swap your scales out for flight/speed scales at any point? Though honestly that's a huge drop for just a buff or some scales, but it's worth asking. Something could also be putting a debuff on you. Just kind of writing out my train of thought here, honestly, because I can't figure out a way otherwise to explain it. ^^; As I said though, I'll look out for it on my armor. I'll also poke my friend who does really nothing but sit in NT to watch his armor from when he logs in to when he logs off and see if he can figure anything out.

nothing of what you describe Racky,
    I`m absolutely sure.

Had it happen to Tondargaet this morning, while I was planning my lair. Had my full set of combat scales on, but, had no buffs active, which gives me Armor 2293. Because Lov had mentioned this in-game, I checked it maybe 20 minutes after logging into the game, and discovered my Armor was down to 1813...hadn't changed a thing. Signed out and back into Istaria, and the reading was back to 2293....very odd....

The difference you are seeing is 480, which is exactly how much armor bonus you from full hoard at level 100. Is it possible your hoard is right at the 25,333,000 level? This definitely sounds related to hoard bonus. How much hoard do you have? Maybe the game is miscalculating the amount if you have say 125,332,000 or something. Send tickets to make sure a dev looks into it.

Lov: 116 540 795
    Luna: 103 373 617
    Tonda: 27 486 994

Thank you very much for answering Racktor and Guaran:-))

Devs answer to a player who had the same prob was something about the hoard too- As I did not quite understood, I did not mention here.
    And did not want to send another ticket with the same prob, as we all have more than enough hoard.

I will keep on watching it- maybe others can confirm too, that this prob exists-and not only on Order.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    The difference you are seeing is 480, which is exactly how much armor bonus you from full hoard at level 100. Is it possible your hoard is right at the 25,333,000 level? This definitely sounds related to hoard bonus. How much hoard do you have? Maybe the game is miscalculating the amount if you have say 125,332,000 or something. Send tickets to make sure a dev looks into it.
    I wonder if this only happens at max hoard then, or if it happens across all levels.
    and if this happens, I wonder if it also applies to the breath bonus you get from hoard.

I might give it a try on my lvl 33 dragon later, and see how long it takes to debuff. (getting the feeling hoard bonus is on a timer that only updates when you add more hoard)

So basicly:
    Does it happen purely at max?->how long does it take to debuff?->does it buff again once you add hoard?

Thy for your suggestion meeps- will check that asap

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    ISo basicly: Does it happen purely at max?->how long does it take to debuff?->does it buff again once you add hoard?
    you get 4 armour points for eveyr level you've reached teh haord bonus for
    it doesn't fade or debuff you/no timer
    the only way it goes down is if you go below the hoard bonus for that level
    i.e. at lv100, you'l keep the full haord amrour bonsu so long as you keep above 25 million hoard

i'm yet to see this bug on my chracters as of yet

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    you get 4 armour points for eveyr level you've reached teh haord bonus for
    it doesn't fade or debuff you/no timer
    the only way it goes down is if you go below the hoard bonus for that level
    i.e. at lv100, you'l keep the full haord amrour bonsu so long as you keep above 25 million hoard

i'm yet to see this bug on my chracters as of yet
    well we have cases of people with full hoard suddenly dropping all of their hoard bonus, so there are other ways of it dropping, which is a serious bug and thus should be investigated, all I added was things to look out for while investigating this further.

Note: they aren't dropping to the previous level, they are dropping -all- of the hoard armor bonus, so it's more than simply dipping below the requirement for lvl 100 hoard bonus.

Also, simply saying that you have yet to see the bug doesn't prove or disprove anything, especially when you don't mention under what circumstances, as mentioned before, this mostly happened to people that sat around for a while doing things not related to combat (lair planning, vault organising, stuff that kept your character staying on the same spot mostly).
    Now if this automaticly fix itself during combat/is only a visual bug, then sure, it's not so serious, but it still causes quite some confusion nonetheless.

That being said, I guess that people that do experience the bug might want to test out whether it resets back once they get in combat too.

My friend, Jstntron, who I have no idea if he has a forum account yet or not, said that while sitting in New Trismus for a while he had the same amount of 1668 armor unchanging on the 386.69 test client. He relogged and it kept that amount. He said he doesn't wear armor scales though, unlike some other people who mentioned they do in the thread.

Sorry to Justin if I'm talking for him when he can talk himself. xD

just happened again- fighting icy dire wolfs in kuthit form.

armor went down -and does not recover. Changing form, buffing- nothing helps.

Gets annoying now.

edit: When I first recognized that bug, I had "the feeling" that it might be caused by khutit form..somehow.
    But I could not prove yet. Still can`t. But I was walking around in khutit for a long while- with the first attack of the wolves armor dropped down-and stayed low until now. So- if active or inactive is obviersly no criteria for the bug.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; November 28th, 2014 at 04:32 PM.

Armor 2616, dropped down to 2166 when fighting in Khutit form, maybe it's something wrong with Khutit form?
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I started out in Khutit unbuffed with 1868 armor, fought a few mobs, my armor didn't change.
    However, the instant I cast True Grit V on myself, it drops to 1518.

I think the problem isn't fighting in Khutit, I think the issue is when you go to rebuff yourself with True Grit.
    Since True Grit V gives +130 Armor and +248 Health, I suspect that some calculations that attempt to raise your armor, backfires and instead decreases it.

Maybe its not calculating the Armor Bonus from maxing out Hoard? The range that people say there armor is dropping is about 450-480 range. +480 is the max amount of armor bonus you can get at level 100. I suspect that might be where you want to start analyzing. But maybe not, even though its dropping about 450 ish, the buff itself should also be raising it by +130. So in reality like a 220 ish drop

Here is something else interesting. When I got back to Dragon form, my armor did not raise. However, if I manually remove True Grit V (from effects window), THEN my armor goes back up to 1868 (normal) again. Also if I went back to Dragon form, without True Grit V, then I had to recast it to make my armor go back to normal.

If I have True Grit already on (1998), when I go to Khutit, then armor doesn't go down. Anytime you use the buff again, it does go down.

--------

On a side note, I had a biped buff me with a + Armor buff (Gift of Armor), my armor went down instead of up.

So we can eliminate a True Grit thing. Its any buff that affects Armor bonus. Something just isn't calculating correctly. I'd check on that Hoard Armor bonus calculation occuring in Khutit form.

I didn't try this, but I also suspect if you were to switch scales while in khutit (would alter armor amount temporarily) then would might also trigger a negative armor bonus.

In meantime, going back to Dragon form, recasting True Grit (or you might possibly need to manually remove armor buffs first) seems to be how to fix it.

I'm not aware of any benefit to fighting in Khutit except you're small. If that is the reasoning, might want to use /setscale and shrink your ancient to the size of a khutit. If you're unclear about setscale, I have a link to the forum post as well as an easy to download .zip file that's fool proof and more details on setscale. It's on http://istariareference.com/customize.asp (scroll to very bottom). Setscale seems the most logical choice until the bug is fixed, if this is the reasoning for fighting in khutit form.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; November 29th, 2014 at 01:55 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Armor dropped down from 2646 to 2166, so it's 480 too. Just tried as Cegaiel explained, spelling an armor buff in Khutit form results with the loss of 480 armor.

Khutit is in some ways different, you can't hoard items, you get different emotes and there might be other differences I haven't noticed yet.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

so here is what I just tested:

logging out in khutit with (wrong) 1883 armor points.
    logging in in khutit form (wrong) 1883 armor points.
    Changing to dragon form- casting true grit-debuff cast again- did not manage to get back correct amount of armor.
    Wearing same scales since weeks- no fights
    (I only fight in khutit if I try to find ways for bipeds and get attacked. Or if I try to sneak in/out of some places where I do not want to wake agro with my big butt).

next step-relog again in dragon form:
    Correct armor points are back and stay correct- with true grit andgift/enahance/raise of armor too.

in khutit form: gift of armor takes away 480
    in khutut form: true grit takes away 460 but gift of armor gives a plus of 21..
    that all is weird- time that devs look into it.

Until then I suggest to check your armor before you start into a serios fight-
    480 have or not to have makes a difference^^

Hmmm... I do remember that some time ago, Khutit used to have slight debuffs to make fighting in it less...viable I guess? but if I'm not mistaken those were taken out too.
    Perhaps this is a slight remnant of those debuffs?
    Just tossing out random ideas that might apply

One workaround so far seems (in dragon form) unequip all scales and reequip them
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Thank you all for your input.
    Much appreciated:.-))))

1808 unbuffed in khutit form. Swapped my scales to fighting scales (Piercing winds, fly speed, run speed -> piercing winds, armor, TnC) and dropped down to 1368, a loss of 440 armor. Moving back to my flying scales I get 1328, a loss of 480 as everyone else here is describing.

Went back to main form to fix the bug and armor comes back to 1808 after swapping scales around again. Going back to khutit form now and going to cast a non-armor-updating buff. Annnd no change from that either.

It's definitely any change in armor that triggers it. Looking at the wiki, the Dragon Breath skill doesn't affect your armor stat, meaning that the debuff given to that (limited to 0) in khutit form doesn't change anything there.

480 doesn't match up to the amount of armor given by my scales combined, either, which is 250, meaning it's not your scale's base armor being negated.

For the devs looking at the thread, my client version is 386.60.

Edit: Something worth mentioning is that Drulkar's Scales adds ~458 armor. Maybe going into Khutit form makes the game think you aren't an ancient anymore and therefore removes the buff that it gives you, along with other stage-based buffs perhaps? Is anyone here who tested this not ancient?

Edit 2: Nevermind, Pharaxes isn't ancient

Thread Information