Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offline World Object Editing

Default Offline World Object Editing

Place holder/teaser for something interesting. More info soon... We're awaiting another client update and patch before these features will work 100% correctly.

Use your client to:

• Any object you see in the world, can be added (copied) anywhere you want, elsewhere in the world.
    • New keybindings that allows you to drag, rotate, adjust position of said object; just like the devs.
    • New slash commands to do more interesting things, related to world editing.
    • Have an interesting concept? You'll be able to output of all your changes into a log file. This log file can be submitted for consideration of being added to the game.
    • For those very clever, objects can be added to sector_default.def (in world_cache folder) and shared with other players. I've seen a player working on a "dragon park/resort" ^_^ . Many possibilites, only limited by imagination.
    • While offline, teleport to anywhere in the world at will. But note, you will need to have visited the location previously while online (and have a cached world file) or else it will be black and empty.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 15th, 2015 at 02:04 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Offline World Object Editing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaOTTGOTaH4

Now, I don't do videos. This is a quicky video, no attempts to retry to make more perfect or less errors. 1st take, 1st post! Microphone isn't very good either.

When the new client is available, I'll post the new keybindings in a post, for you to copy/paste and be able to do these things. Don't attempt to try it until next client patch, as you'll be unsuccessful and aggravated from failure.

...I got terrain to load finally.
    I didn't see command for resizing objects. Nice video though. Moving objects looks much smoother. Looking forward to this.

Ignore pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tilithia; October 15th, 2015 at 03:18 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Place holder/teaser for something interesting. More info soon... We're awaiting another client update and patch before these features will work 100% correctly.

Use your client to:

• Any object you see in the world, can be added (copied) anywhere you want, elsewhere in the world.
    • New keybindings that allows you to drag, rotate, adjust position of said object; just like the devs.
    • New slash commands to do more interesting things, related to world editing.
    • Have an interesting concept? You'll be able to output of all your changes into a log file. This log file can be submitted for consideration of being added to the game.
    • For those very clever, objects can be added to sector_default.def (in world_cache folder) and shared with other players. I've seen a player working on a "dragon park/resort" ^_^ . Many possibilites, only limited by imagination.
    • While offline, teleport to anywhere in the world at will. But note, you will need to have visited the location previously while online (and have a cached world file) or else it will be black and empty.
    from what you listed here, I take it that editing the heightmap is not a possibility then? (if istaria uses a heightmap that is :P)

Funny... again... when I did use the Offine Mode from Istaria (January 2014) and reported something through a Ticket, the forum thread showing how to use Offline Mode was deleted instantly and I was told, it's not something for players.

Looks like I did it wrong (again) back then *scritches his head*
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

It seems the correct client and new command_players.def is on Blight server. If you're not playing on Blight, you could check Troubleshoot button and tick the "Patch to Blight" to use the features.

Here's the keybindings to add to your /prefs/server_Playername/ClientPrefs_Controls.def file. This will let you move the objects around, that you've added.

Example click on an added object. Hold Shift+F1 and move mouse to drag object.

Code:
    		// Begin World Builder Settings
    		// Copy with indentation for sanity/cleanliness. Ensure you leave two closing brackets at the end of the file, and place before those two or problems will happen.
    		{
    			string name = "DragXY"
    			string binding = "F1"
    			string list modifierBindings =
    			{
    				"SHIFT"
    			}
    		}
    		{
    			string name = "DragZ"
    			string binding = "F2"
    			{
    				"SHIFT"
    			}
    		}
    		{
    			string name = "RotZ"
    			string binding = "F3"
    			{
    				"SHIFT"
    			}
    		}
    		{
    			string name = "planarXY"
    			string binding = "F4"
    			{
    				"SHIFT"
    			}
    		}
    		{
    			string name = "rotY"
    			string binding = "F5"
    			{
    				"SHIFT"
    			}
    		}
    		{
    			string name = "rotX"
    			string binding = "F6"
    			{
    				"SHIFT"
    			}
    		}
    		// End World Builder Settings
    I forgot to show the command to teleport in video. That's /moveself (or /ms) coordinate. ie /ms 22718 22779 will move you to Dalimond teleporter. Note you must have previously visited the location at least once WHILE YOU WERE ONLINE previously. This will cache the world in that area. When you are offline, you will still see everything around you. If the location is black and doesn't show anything, then this means you haven't visited this area before. You'll need to login the game normally to cache the files. So you won't be able to explore, unexplored areas while offline.

More documentation will follow on some of the new /slash commands.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    from what you listed here, I take it that editing the heightmap is not a possibility then? (if istaria uses a heightmap that is :P)
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by heightmap. It's only designed to allow players add objects into the world and submit those. Any other clever tricks, has to be done in the world_cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by heightmap.
    I think Meepsa meant to say terrain, which, if I remember correctly, can only be edited with dev-only software?

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Terrain changes can not be submitted at this time. Internally, the terrain is stored as a height map. If someone were to make some changes that are submitted for a world change, the devs will make terrain changes (as needed). Even something as simple as adding some trees along a road, or a logs here and there, etc. would likely require terrain changes and not a problem to do.

It's very important to remember that if placing objects that might require terrain changes, terrain can only be edited outside of the bounds of plots (and lairs). If a change were made to the terrain on a plot / lair, it would mess up anything placed on that plot when those terrain changes were released to the shards.

I do wonder what happens, if you try these commands on the live server
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    I do wonder what happens, if you try these commands on the live server
    Don't worry, you can't do anything on Live Shard (intentionally or by accident). It will ignore anything on the server, unless you're logging in with a dev account (not the same thing as setting developer = true in prefs file). It'll only let you manipulate things you add in offline mode or things added to the sector file. Things that aren't really in the world.

A bit off topic, but wanted to share a tidbit. .agf files are models. They point to a shader file, which is a .agh file (sometimes it says .tga, but .tga is same thing as .agh). These .agf files are binary files. BUT, if you open a .agf file in notepad, you will see one clear legible line of text, that shows the .agh file it is trying to load (ie):

[AGF_SHADER] com_plant_bromeliad02_reg_red.tga

While viewing in notepad, you see mostly binary code (gibberish). But, in text viewer, you will see a line pointing to a .agh file (proceeding the [AGF_SHADER] tag.
    ---
    What plant_bromeliad02_reg_n.agf looks like loaded in Notepad:

[N b2$ < *<Ȥ<[N b2$ < P P Base Section 0 ` 8 i;@
    ;;$ ; :ӻ d;@6; J7 ; U7{ ;@ H8 ; b_; "; >:z; |; z;; ;; G; 9'<@ H8@ H8 ! |;Nx; B;8 nڃ;@ /;@ b2 |:H9@J;@O@ ;: \ջ ;zĨ**;7 $ < e : <[ W; ;軀; ; ۨ;); ʻ ɋ;7 $ 7 $ ܻ*;^;cݻ ;@μ **;q|;T <Z;[N :պ @< 3: 9; : @ q; Q8 @ : @ q;K: 8; Q8 @պ @<K: 8; 3: 9; Q8 @  ,@<@ 鷀P<Ua <Ȥ<e |@<$Ѻ %: < 8 @<ú 8 < /ģ< c 0<& X!<q xL;@9<r ;**< 69< ( 95< 69< @8 E< I.9 ^k;< 9 T Y< ֺ : < @8E< T 78< : xՓ<@ @<: **ɹ@3< T 78<7 $ ]: Ý; #f; H;@; ;;9;ʫ;@ *< jB;7 $ ;ܤ; u;M; b:;[h;; ;4< : ;Z; \U; :@ H8o< **; b; S P9;I N: ; =;;@a;;@ H8TҺ RP;F < G; *;;﹀; =;"; y; ;:Y; Ã;

! ! " " ! # $ % & & % ' $ ( ) ) ( * + , - - , . / 0 1 1 0 2 3 4 5 7 6 8 9 : ; < 9 = > ? @ A ? B C D E F D G H I J J I K K I L K L M O N P O P Q Q P R Q R S T U V V U W W U X W X Y [ Z \ [ \ ] ] \ ^ ] ^ _ 0 [AGF_SHADER] com_plant_bromeliad02_reg_red.tga . _nocollide [N b2$ < *<Ȥ< ` *iQ%&u Em&:*&uC EWp.&u f0-FCo L##-F o LTASF **{g< YX EfK3YXC Kj53YX [cN/*Co i_,2q8* o LTAS* LTASG[ ! AZ&z" o 9*X v-Co K5"v- -%p8C P"EdG E/ Q` EMIEQ`C 3h"Q` SW!]Co 5"!] o LA ] P! `5> ET-`5>C n/`5> s:#\Co \J\خ o LA \ LA Di #1Q{ o #6~Co P~ z3Qz
    C A
    m EBSAm LPCO1 m JP?F1 m lMA߂
    JP?F1 m SA1@l m lMA߂
    BSAm SA1@l m LPCO1 m lMA߂
    5IA]u4 I]ARo 780o G.J;t:o CVEok~ AnA7~ z A CJ=k~ Q iAHA; ~z A GAm ~ ?9Aej ~Q c.PTwjC G(GFOg͎ JAI͎ =C-eC JAIC JB
    N| M&Wz١ GOP@p| BHk١ JB
    N١ KA+If P*8s} G@99+ff O8?/h} KA+I} LA 'VS S^u{ o -S |Co 2g{C Oep&$m@ @j ELA J. uY_"J.Co OlF*J. o lb8`A%EC IM$E v!UE ELTASYI4 E;_/~ o *gB/{Co 4!?L2~C V-Kd.-z Y@ ELTAS0u CT40uCo R_:Q,0u o J!c^2/JC Z`n*/J RSo/J E

! " # # $ $ % & ' ' $ $ ( ) * * + + , - . . / / 0 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 9 : ; ; 9 9 < = = > > ? @ @ ? ? A B B C C D E E D D F G G H H I J I K L M M N N O P Q R Q S S T T U V U W X Y Y Z Z [ \ ] ^ ] _
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 21st, 2016 at 04:02 AM.

Wanted to give this a try, but it seems the commands added in the client arent working? I'm in the game offline, and the settings are showing up in the Commands_Player DEF file, but the commands like /moveself and /loadmodel are giving me the "there is no command or macro" message. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'd appreciate the help!

Do you have another Commands_Player file anywhere in resources_override?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Ahhh I did. Deleted that, but now I'm having an issue logging into offline mode. It's telling me my "username and password are incorrect." I didn't have this problem the first time.

It could be another oversight on my part, perhaps, but I checked all of the filed and changed the parameters I had to several times and am still getting this message.

When you login with offline mode, it doesn't attempt to connect to server. So an error about wrong username/password suggests that it is trying to connect to server. This suggests your /prefs/ClientPrefs_Launch.def , this setting: bool netEnabled = true . That tells it to connect online mode.

Make sure this is set to false. Make sure you change the setting while offline (before you login). or else when you exit game it will be undone (ie only change this setting and save while game is NOT running).

Also be careful, it sometimes will change it self back to true automatically. In fact it might revert all the time. You might have to set that back to false every login, I'm not sure. But pretty sure yours is set to true.

Yeah that's what I was doing, I used your video to set everything up but it's not functioning. It's still trying to connect to a server. I've got a few screenshots of my Launch prefs and the message to show you what I mean.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 24th, 2016 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Removed image containing private info.

Those settings look correct. I just tried it and it's working for me. I think I know what's causing the problem for you.

Make sure you are NOT using the Game Launcher to start the game or else it will ignore your settings, undo them and still try to log in. The game launcher is jlauncher.exe in your Istaria game folder. You'll want to launch istaria.exe . You'll probably want to create a new shortcut on your desktop to this file and call it "Istaria - Offline Mode" or whatever you like, as the icon will likely look the same as your "Play Istaria" icon/shortcut.

Do you run istaria.exe as administrator? I had the same exact problem until I ran the program as admin.

Yeah I was already using Istaria.exe instead of the launcher. I'll try to run as admin and see what happens.

Thread Information