Thread: Inventory Parser

Default Inventory Parser

I have been evaluating a program by Dracillion @ Chaos. I have tested to make sure it is virus free, does not communicate to the internet nor contain any malicious content. It's legit!

It's called Inventory Parser and now hosted on IstariaReference.com's Mirror folder - Download here

Basically the program will parse your Equipped Armor, Vault and Inventory (including bags (pouches), pets, cargo disk inventory, etc as well) and write it to a .txt file, in a neat format.

Format of .txt report: shard_Character_TimeStamp.txt (will be written to same folder that program is executed from).

There are two options in the program, Parse Inventory and Parse All.

Parse Inventory will parse what was described above.
    Parse All will do the same, but also list all of your scribed Formulas, Techniqes, Spells and also your Quests.

Here are two sample reports.

Parse Inventory Report

Parse ALL Report

Included in the zip file is readme.txt which will include some very basic instructions as well as prerequisites to run the program.

Prerequisites are Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)

Most will have this installed already. The readme.txt file will show you how to verify if you have it and give links to the Official Microsoft.com website to download, if you dont have.

Why am I posting this thread instead of the author? Well, a few reasons. First, I have permission to do so. I think it can be handy in certain situations. I have thoroughly tested it. Most would be leary to download a program from just anyone/anywhere (for good reason obviously). To help eliminate any fears, I am personally endorsing this. For those that know me, I would never steer you wrong or take unnecessary risks. Lastly, I think its pretty slick and can think of many uses for the reports.

Few not so obvious things the report can be used for:

1) Have you ever had an item go poof, you look high and low and swear its just gone. Even going so far as to put a ticket in? Well, before you do that, run the report. Then Ctrl+F on the .txt file in Notepad. Now you will know for sure its really gone and not just mysteriously got placed in a bag or sitting on your pet.

2) I keep track of my scribed formulas and techs using the Tracker tool on IstariaReference.com . I'm pretty good about marking them. So when I go to search formulas on there, I can see on the fly if I have it already or not. After acquiring hundreds of forms and techs, some can get missed. With this report I can reverify I have all the checkboxes ticked (Scribed/Vault) on the site.

3) Got tons of tools, armor or weapons and trying to figure out where a certain crystal is? If you note, the report will also show any crystals that are still socketed in your pieces (equipped or not equipped).

4) Maybe share the report with a friend. That way they can see what all forms and techs you have scribed and can see if you can make something for them.

5) You've been fighting for several days without dumping your inventory. How painful or annoying is it to post/link 20+ techs, forms in game chat? Now your friends or guildies can quickly see what you got without spamming the channel.

This is just a handful of not so obvious things this tool can be handy for. I'm sure you might think of others

Happy Parsing!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Inventory Parser

rip

For the cautious people like me: Here is the Virustotal analysis of the executable

It works for my character on Order too, even so I get an error message on start:

Other than that it works (even so it cannot parse my dragons scales ) But I wonder, how the software itself works. And I really hope it's not violating the EULA (Part 10 and 12 I think). Does it access any log files? or the game itself?
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Yeah it only read slots of a biped. Dragons have 10 separate slots for their scales, 1 for their claw. Don't really play dragon so it wasn't a priority. Can see about adding that.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    For the cautious people like me: Here is the Virustotal analysis of the executable

It works for my character on Order too, even so I get an error message on start:

Other than that it works (even so it cannot parse my dragons scales ) But I wonder, how the software itself works. And I really hope it's not violating the EULA (Part 10 and 12 I think). Does it access any log files? or the game itself?
    The error produced is a bug in .NET with string conversions on non-English systems. This has been tested on a German Windows machine and seems to work.

I'll push the updated version out to Cega soon.
    rip

The new file has been uploaded.

Drac sent me another file that now shows Dragon equipment. Tested. Also tested at VirusTotal . Just re-download from same link in first post.

FYI, Inventory Parser wont work on Windows XP OS, I tried Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5.
    Microsoft.Net Framework 4.0 is.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    FYI, Inventory Parser wont work on Windows XP OS, I tried Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5.
    Microsoft.Net Framework 4.0 is.
    I'll look into it!
    rip

Some parts have to be rewritten to work with 4.0. Might have something out next week before going out of town ... otherwise you're looking at beginning of January-ish.
    rip

Thanks Drac, that would be great. On another note, I noticed looking at the Parse ALL Report sample that Ceg put on that [Quest Book] shows the quests you have (very nice) any chance it could show completed quests too. That would be awesome to check for quests you missed. Just a thought I had
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Sure thing Dac. I will look into that as well in the coming week.
    rip

I have taken a look at the current version.

Following things I noticed:
    Dragon Scales:
    There is an equipment slot named "Dragon Palm" listed. What could this be? For a moment I thought it might be the (now useless) Emblem slot. My dragon claw is listed separately

Listed containers:
    What containers are listed? I noticed that it will list all containers one currently has the windows opened. Like on my lair, I've opened all lair room inventory lists and all got into the text file. I'm asking because the first container is [Unnamed Container] and it has the following at first:
    Unnamed Container
    Adventure: Flame II
    Adventure: Life I
    Adventure: Life II
    Adventure: Two Hand Slash II
    Spell: Chill IV
    Spell: Cleanse II (2)
    Spell: Combust III (3)
    Spell: Freeze I
    Spell: Ice Range II (4)
    Spell: Ice Snare III (2)
    Spell: Junction I (2)
    Spell: Junction III
    Spell: Nature Damage III (2)
    Spell: Nature Range I
    Spell: Potency III (3)
    Spell: Primal Damage II (2)
    I have no clue which container this might be *scritches his head*

Cargo Pet and Cargo Disk:
    They are listed twice:
    [Cargo Pet (Grounded)]
    [Cargo Pet]
    [Cargo Disk]
    [Cargo Disk (Grounded)]

Buffs?:
    Does it also show buffs? Because on the end of the text file I have [Sprinting] written and I wonder, what this might be
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

All of that data is part of same structure, so it kind of fell together.

Not sure what the left palm is for, but it is not used in game. The slot does exist however.

The unnamed container you are looking at above could be a hidden container for items you may have recently scribed. Not sure. It might go away after you log.

This game is based around items. Items and containers. Your formula book, technique book, etc. are all just unique containers.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    This game is based around items. Items and containers. Your formula book, technique book, etc. are all just unique containers.
    or in technical sight around databases where the informations is stored

This tool isn't working for me, only shows "Loading..." on all my characters (Order Server).
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thread Information