Thread: Tools, Weapons and Shield GFX

Default Tools, Weapons and Shield GFX

Is there anything being done to address the Tools, Weapons and Shield GFX? My blackhammer shield doesn't show the ICON. Many of my warhammers or shields are just plain white which no texture. My Ceremonial shield is strange looking and changes looks. I'm not sure how long it's been doing this but would be nice to have a fix for this.
    -Kor

Default Re: Tools, Weapons and Shield GFX

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    Is there anything being done to address the Tools, Weapons and Shield GFX? My blackhammer shield doesn't show the ICON. Many of my warhammers or shields are just plain white which no texture. My Ceremonial shield is strange looking and changes looks. I'm not sure how long it's been doing this but would be nice to have a fix for this.
    -Kor
    some weapons have recently been adressed on blight, as well as a general texture overhaul for tools if I'm not mistaken, so yes, it's being worked on, but it could be a while till most of it is done and ready to hit live.

They used to work fine, why would it take a while for it to go live? It's not like we need to develop something new, or is that what is going on?
    -kor

It's been months. I can't even remember when it was that my shield whitened out too. It was large mithril with blackhammer tech as well.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    They used to work fine, why would it take a while for it to go live? It's not like we need to develop something new, or is that what is going on?
    -kor
    technicly yes, that is what going on.
    From what I read from various comments, what's basicly going on is that they are updating every tool and weapon texture. the in-depth info wouldn't be of my knowledge though, but a quick peer to the latest blight delta tells us this:
    "Weapons have had resolution of textures improved to make the textures visible."
    Now this obviously is just a quick fix of the texture resolution, I'm guessing the client still wants/wanted to roll out the textures on the old resolution? however, in that case a new texture -has- been made, now this could be as simple as resizing and fixing things that look weird, or a complete overhaul of the original.

some dev input would be great for this.

I noticed on my blackhammer Large Fine Mithril Shield that the Blackhammer Crest is actually on the fwd top edge of my shield. but its super small. I did a zoom in on it and it appears the picture of it just shrunk to a size almost un noticable to the eye. So the content is still their. Bizarre.

Sounds like a decimal got moved to the left, woops.
    -Kor

Devs have been working hard on fixing some of the graphics issues. Making progress...

Shield Tech Kit: Crest of the Blackhammer Clan on left
    Shield Tech Kit: Phoenix on right
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

so why does my blackhammer shield NOT look like that? It's all white or silver or whatever.

-Kor

That was just a preview of what it will look like, soon. Need some future patches first, before you see that. Still need to work out the kinks. Currently it will look shrunken, in one corner, like you said.

Devs are making progress. The goal is to have all texture issues fixed asap, but everything has to be manually verified.

It's probably been a while since you've seen them looking this nice (I even forgot how they looked), so heres a sneak peek of a few.

Next client (not delta, but client) release you should see a bunch of the textures fixed

From left to right: Cedar Staff, Fine Cedar Staff, Fine Thornwood Quarterstaff (yes that's a snake skin)

Click image to enlarge
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 6th, 2015 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Devs are making progress. The goal is to have all texture issues fixed asap, but everything has to be manually verified.

It's probably been a while since you've seen them looking this nice (I even forgot how they looked), so heres a sneak peek of a few.

Next client (not delta, but client) release you should see a bunch of the textures fixed

From left to right: Cedar Staff, Fine Cedar Staff, Fine Thornwood Quarterstaff (yes that's a snake skin)

Click image to enlarge
    *clicks and keeps clicking*

Nope nothing happening.. i think you forgot to add the pics?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    i think you forgot to add the pics?
    The image that's inserted into the post is the image. Clicking the image is a link to the same image, but would open in new browser and not be reduced in size (as it would be in the post). Maybe you have a setting that prevents new windows from opening? How about this: Click here

*blinks* thats weird the image was NOT showing on my laptop.. very strange.. *climbs back under the bridge*

On a side note. I do hope that the old heads are still available.. I love my Miira puppet...

Also I found it strange how the shields look fab on blight but never made it across on the patch, an oversight?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Delta patch and client patch don't always coincide. Two separate things. Delta is a capture of changes made in the database at a point in time (changes to quests, abilities, stats, etc). Client update means the client and its assets, such as any new/updated files (usually files in resources folder) or an actual update to istaria.exe (new voodoo). But Deltas usually have a little bit of a client update mixed in it to support it (but not necessarily all content, some is still being tested for next Client release at that time). It will eventually work down the pipe. When the devs aren't pvp'ing and hogging the test server (you didn't hear that from me) I can sometimes get on to get a screenshot.

But seriously, theres some nice optimizations to reduce FPS coming to the next client. I was pretty surprised from the results. I got 7 year old Geforce 8 card with a fan that has been broke for 3 years, and it's smooth and steady.

The Stave fixes are now on the Blight Client 386.109 . The method that weapons use textures has been updated and standardized. This required almost all weapon texture files to be updated manually. So human error could always be a factor.

If you are using the client 386.109 (or any future versions such as .113 - you can check with /window fpswindow) please let us know if you find any weapons with missing or unusual textures.

While armor and tools still use the same method, please report anything unusual with the looks on those as well.

Phoenix and Blackhammer shield tech kits should be showing the graphics on the shield correctly.

Known issues:

Shillelaghs had some incorrect texture files set in database, so those won't appear correctly until Delta 269.
    Crossbows now have the correct textures in Client 386.113 but you may see a small black strip on top until Delta 269.
    Repaired Crossbows (Exceptional, Majestic, Priceless, Resplendent, Splendid, Regal) will have incorrect textures until Delta 269.

Thread Information