Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blight Delta 263 and 264 Discussion

Default Re: Blight Delta 263 and 264 Discussion

Had a good go in the rift with a friend at getting the tokens so we can test the new tech kits. Haven't gotten there yet and at a guess I'm thinking that as an individual it will take approximately 8-10 days to get enough tokens to get all five. That is if you are hunting a straight 3-4 hours each day.

Each tech kit costs 500c

Token values are:
    -Token of the rift = 2c
    -Relic of the rift = 10c
    -Omen of the rift = 20c

A few things however:

-Tech kits Drulkar's Retribution, Primal Retribution, and Vital Resistance are missing the percentage chance that they will have their effects occur. Could this please be added to them so their information is in line with Banishment and Renown?

Fixed

-The techniques Primal Retribution and Drulkar's Retribution have the exact same description, which could be confusing if one is for spells and the other for tooth and claw. If I am correct in that guess? If so, could it be clarified on them please?

Fixed

-Primal Roar says it boosts outgoing damage for attacks using the Primal skill by 4% rather than the 5% that is listed in the patch notes.

Patch notes were wrong.

-Primal Roar and Determination can both be used at the same time. Primal Roar takes up a gift slot where Determination does not. I'm unsure if this is intentional or a bug, because they have always overwritten one another so that you can never have both together at the same time.

Fixed

As an addendum. I love what has been done to New Trismus. It was refreshing to log in to see the place absolutely gutted and tainted.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; January 28th, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

The problem with gathering resources may have been fixed since last night's posts. Anyone who has had problems gathering, could you please check again today and let us know?

The problem with getting quest text is an issue with the "clientlookups" file, as is any issue with item descriptions for now. So we'll hold off on looking further into that until we've had a report that an updated version of that file has been sent to Blight.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    The problem with gathering resources may have been fixed since last night's posts. Anyone who has had problems gathering, could you please check again today and let us know?

Thank you.
    Gathering is working OK again, thanks.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    ...-The techniques Primal Retribution and Drulkar's Retribution have the exact same description, which could be confusing if one is for spells and the other for tooth and claw. If I am correct in that guess? If so, could it be clarified on them please?...
    Primal Retribution lowers targets power.
    Drulkar's retribution lowers targets strength, like the old Primal Vengeance does.

For all of these new techs, they state: Conflicts with "applied item". I am thinking the Applied item conflict keyword should be removed, otherwise scales will only be able to take a single tech, and none of the others? So we could put Primal Retribution, but no Banishment, Renown, Vital Resistance on the same scale? The Conflict should read just the techs own type, along with the old tech version.

Example:
    Drulkar's Retribution conflicts should read "Drulkar's Retribution, Adventure: Primal Vengeance"

Greater Renown conflicts should read "Greater Renown, Adventure: Eminence"

Vital Resistance conflicts should read "Vital Resistance, Adventure: Vital Defiance"

Banishment conflicts should read "Banishment, Adventure: Dismissal"

Primal Retribution conflicts should read "Primal Retribution" ,there is no old tech type to conflict with on this one.

The Applied Item conflict keyword should be removed across the board, or we will be limited to a single one of the above techs per scale, and just have to use sockets for the other 2 slots. Also, when applying one of these, there should be a warning about any possible overwriting that might take place, before it commits and finally applies/overwrites.
    ************************************************** **************************************************
    Separate note about the old techs, that all are named "Adventure: " These actually sort under Defense in the tech window, and actually are defensive in nature. They Sort properly. But just need renamed to "Defense: Primal Vengeance", "Defense: Eminence", "Defense: Vital Defiance", and "Defense: Dismissal".

The original versions of these techs were "Adventure" based, or offensive in nature not defensive. But they got changed right after implementation. (At least pv did anyway) Example: The original "Adventure: Primal Vengeance" was 500% strength boost to the player for 20 seconds. It was reversed to the inverse proportional lowering of strength on simply a single target, which made it Defensive in nature. The sorting in the tech window was changed as well, but someone forgot to rename them. I forget if Eminence or Vital Defiance had different initial function.
    Last edited by Guaran; January 23rd, 2015 at 03:16 PM.

Quests are back and appear to be working properly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Primal Retribution lowers targets power.
    Drulkar's retribution lowers targets strength, like the old Primal Vengeance does.

For all of these new techs, they state: Conflicts with "applied item". I am thinking the Applied item conflict keyword should be removed, otherwise scales will only be able to take a single tech, and none of the others? So we could put Primal Retribution, but no Banishment, Renown, Vital Resistance on the same scale? The Conflict should read just the techs own type, along with the old tech version.
    Agreed with removal of the applied item conflict. It does sound like you wouldn't be able to put more than one tech kit on a scale, which seems a shame. I have yet to test that tho.

My query for clarification of which lowers power and which lowers strength was meant for the information in the descriptions as both Primal Retribution and Drulkar's Retribution read, 'For Dragon chest scales only, this technique give the wearer's attacks a chance to greatly weaken the enemy.' It could be very frustrating for someone who puts in the hours to hunt the tokens and buys the wrong tech kit for their scale because they both say the same thing but not which stat it lowers.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Agreed with removal of the applied item conflict. It does sound like you wouldn't be able to put more than one tech kit on a scale, which seems a shame. I have yet to test that tho.
    special tech kits are usually always rather powerful and yet you want to place two of them on one scale? Then this restriction should be removed for just ANY tech kit outside
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    special tech kits are usually always rather powerful and yet you want to place two of them on one scale? Then this restriction should be removed for just ANY tech kit outside
    These kits are the lost dragon techs of Primal Vengence, Emminence, Vital Defiance, and Dismissal, only under new and fancy names. Please do go look at them on V'tieru and help test them out. You'll find that there is nothing else 'rather powerful' about these kits over the techs that Guaran and dorrin have. We're just asking for these particular kits to be able to be placed on the scales in the same way as the crafted scales that Guaran and dorrin can make.

"

Default Re: Blight Delta 263-discussion

Created a new hatchling to run through the new stuff. As was mentioned, when you're told to head to New Trismus, you're told to greet the NT Consigner, who is on Kion, of course; would also be nice, when changing this text, if a basic "where she is in Kion" could be provided...new players are pretty overwhelmed as it is. Again, as pointed out, blue pop-up text still appears when you pass the spot where the Connie/PB used to be, as well as information about the encyclopedia or whatever it's called.

Not having a shrine anywhere on NT is a bit of a pain for dragons, as it appears none of our quests have changed there.

I like what I've seen so far, although it's sad seeing NT in such a state...and, wondering where all the Ancients are going to gather now...we'll have to find another nice set of roof-tops, somewhere....

Thread Information