Thread: Razor Teeth but Caster version?

Default Razor Teeth but Caster version?

For caster razor teeth is practically useless. So I was wondering,when Deadly was changed to Spells only, would it be possible to get a Helian version of razor teeth tech kit. Spells only +10 damage 50 attack skill chance to hit

I don't know if same thing would be possible for wing tech kit, piercing winds. Unrelenting winds? :P

Default Re: Razor Teeth but Caster version?

Actually Piercing Winds is supposed to only give its bonus to Galewind, according to the crafting window - so it's pretty much useless to -everyone- (if it works like it 'should'). Also, Unrelenting Winds is a spell.

Some techs or ability/spell changes aimed at caster dragons would be nice, though. They're the only ones in the game who pretty much spend all of their scaleset techslots/etc on something that their school isn't very good at in the first place, and doesn't get much better even with armor specifically made for the task.

Currently im doing 500-700 damage with Improved Pirme Bolt V (power scales with primal techs), Drulkars Wrath does about 750 (shame!). other spells are about 400-500. Compared to melee dragon its still very low.....

From my post in the add-to-existing schools thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...dd-to-Existing

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    A better primal roar would be good, but I think it would need to be more powerful:
    Ancient Primal roar
    Requirement 1200 primal + level 100
    reward + 400 power + 400 primal + 10 spell damage (adjusted)
    The primal requirement could even be raised some, to whatever is the current value a level 100 ancient would have with 400 tp's into Primal. This is so that someone would need to be spec'd to Primal before being able to use it. This ability would sit side-by-side in abilities window with the existing Primal Roar (but not stack with it or with Determination when used). So that it becomes usable once someone primal gets high enough. Maybe 1500 requirement is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Currently im doing 500-700 damage with Improved Pirme Bolt V (power scales with primal techs), Drulkars Wrath does about 750 (shame!). other spells are about 400-500. Compared to melee dragon its still very low.....
    Drulkar's Wrath is an AoE so it does far more than 750 overall.

Actually Piercing Winds is supposed to only give its bonus to Galewind, according to the crafting window - so it's pretty much useless to -everyone- (if it works like it 'should'). Also, Unrelenting Winds is a spell.

Galewind is not used? Or are you saying as a melee Dragon it isn't used? It is a Primal direct damage attack. Primal Bolt preferred over it? I'm open to improving it.

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

OMG I didn't think that DW is aoe, Im sorry. yeah now its damage makes more sense

Galewind is not used? Or are you saying as a melee Dragon it isn't used? It is a Primal direct damage attack. Primal Bolt preferred over it? I'm open to improving it.
    As a melee and sometimes as a caster. I've only seen it used once, and that was against my squishly little caster hatchling in the arena.

The animation is really, really long for the damage is does (sort of like the breaths). It also deals pierce(?) damage, which more often than not isn't very good - pierce seems to be the generally less effective damage type out of the 3 physical ones. The one good thing about it is that I can press the button, wait a sec for the animation to start, then move away.

Possible improvements
    1) Shorten the animation
    2) Add a debuff (Buffeted(sp?) - decreases movement speed or chance to hit with ranged attacks)
    3) Add a chance for a damage proc or chance for a 1 sec stun - The animation indicates that it's via the dragon blowing air at the opponent, so the stun could come from said opponent falling over, or the wind itself picking up some debris along the way.

I see it as more of a utility ability than a damage one, though it could easily be more damage focused instead of debuff/stun. I'd love it if the stun/debuff effects scaled off of primal skill, if that's possible.

since Galewind has such a long animation, how about just having it deliver 3 hits spaced about 1/3 second apart, maybe in a small aoe of say 4? Its a gust of wind from the dragons wings, so having aoe damage seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    As a melee and sometimes as a caster. I've only seen it used once, and that was against my squishly little caster hatchling in the arena.
    I must be the only one that uses it then. Galewind being primal based makes it one of the precious few attacks that works well for my caster. Whatever is done, please do not change galewind's damage from being primal based.

Strategy wise, I can explain why I use it. My bolt that I use to pull with has a range tech on it, so that is still on cooldown as the enemy approaches me. Because of this, I use galewind as an attack to hit the target before they reach me, since galewind has a small range. Its about the only use galewind and razor teeth have. I agree that a bolt does more and is more useful and damaging.

I'm not a big fan of fooling around with the animation timings and abilities. However, I agree that for the long animation you'd think galewind would do a little more damage, but then there's the range also to take into account.

If the damage of galewind is not changed then at maybe give it an AoE, considering that this is a dragon's wings beating down air at an opponent, and in the process kicking up small stones and dust everywhere. If the AoE isn't possible then the small debuff on speed or a stun is a great idea. Anything to make it more useful than as the purely utility purpose it serves at the moment.

If I wasn't using it as I do, it just gets ignored over other spells and abilities.
    Last edited by Arzel Rashemi; December 19th, 2014 at 06:12 AM.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Thread Information