Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to the Team: Techniques

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Techniques

I very much like the current mechanism for individualizing weapons, armor, jewelry, and spells. It's one of the things that makes Istaria unique and interesting. Tech kits would pretty much ruin what I like about crafting.

I'm guessing this proposal is to help newer players find teched weapons and gear. Instead of making Istaria more impersonal, please add something to facilitate crafter - player interaction: a bulletin board in taverns, where players can post 'help wanted/help offered' notices. Think a LFG facility, connecting crafters and customers. Make notices expire after a couple weeks or a month if they aren't cancelled. This could also be a method for people to ask for/offer construction help.

Quote Originally Posted by Daulnay View Post
    Instead of making Istaria more impersonal, please add something to facilitate crafter - player interaction: a bulletin board in taverns, where players can post 'help wanted/help offered' notices. Think a LFG facility, connecting crafters and customers. Make notices expire after a couple weeks or a month if they aren't cancelled. This could also be a method for people to ask for/offer construction help.
    I like the idea of this, though I don't know if there's a way this could be implemented... do recall several threads requesting a player mail system where you can send messages to people whether they're online or not getting a flat no from the devs as it would be problematic to implement.

There are always the forums for that kind of thing though, just send in a post for the shard marketplace of your choice and you tend to get good responses for that. Though this system isn't IN the game itself so newer players may not know of it until told to check out the forums.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    I like the idea of this, though I don't know if there's a way this could be implemented... do recall several threads requesting a player mail system where you can send messages to people whether they're online or not getting a flat no from the devs as it would be problematic to implement.

There are always the forums for that kind of thing though, just send in a post for the shard marketplace of your choice and you tend to get good responses for that. Though this system isn't IN the game itself so newer players may not know of it until told to check out the forums.
    There is already a LFG system in the game. Adding what's basically an LFG for crafters should be much easier than adding mail. As someone who rarely reads forums except when Istaria is getting patched, I'd much rather see something in-game and accessible to new players.

Maybe just make a new emblem/title "Looking for Crafter" ?

Or a couple variations. "Looking for Spellcrafter", "Looking For Armorcrafter", "Looking for Weaponcrafter", "Looking for Tinker/Toolcrafter"

Just make these as new titles, sell cheap like the LFG ones. Then crafters could do a simple player search, send tells, and off you go.

(just noticed this is pretty off-topic, but it seems like a good idea to get around the lack of an in-game bulletin board or mail type system)

My ideas would be a little bit radical.
    1. Give the production of tech kits to Enchanter and switch the school over to the primary skill system. (Don't recall if the construction schools were already switched over before. Its been a while; as in, years...)
    2. Require components to be "prepped" as a resource step. The base components would have to be "charged" or "infused" to bring out their magical attributes.
    3. Remove all Enchanter construction items from structures and eliminate them from the Enchanter school.

Now that would make Enchanter sound logical, enchant gear with various techniques. (Eeek logic in Istaria?! :O)

However that could potentially pose a problem for dragons since they can't join Enchanter. If the techniques were converted to require enchanter, you'd need to at least keep a good number of them usable by dragons so we can actually technique our gear. Some techniques are indeed used by both dragons and bipeds: stat techs, craft techs, and techniques applicable to buff and heal spells come to mind.

If I misread your suggestion and you just want technique KITS craftable by Enchanters, firstly there aren't a whole lot of them out there that are craftable: there are 3 I think that aren't dragon-specific. Secondly, at least 2 of those are also craftable by dragons (If it's all 3 I'm thinking of then I must have lost the form for the last one or never gotten it :P) so it's the same problem as above.

Could absolutely introduce some new Enchanter-specific techniques or technique kits, that would be great in fact. Just re-hashing the whole current system could pose problems.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    My ideas would be a little bit radical.
    1. Give the production of tech kits to Enchanter and switch the school over to the primary skill system. (Don't recall if the construction schools were already switched over before. Its been a while; as in, years...)
    2. Require components to be "prepped" as a resource step. The base components would have to be "charged" or "infused" to bring out their magical attributes.
    3. Remove all Enchanter construction items from structures and eliminate them from the Enchanter school.
    I gotta say I have thought along these lines for quite a while but I think such a large scale rehash is outa the question..
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Thread Information