Thread: 386.82.0 bugs

Default 386.82.0 bugs

Can't double click trees to gather.
    <2015-JAN-13 This has been fixed and will be patched to Blight shortly>

While knowledge book shows I have techs, when in form window to make, say ironsilk cargo boots, there are no techs listed as available.

Not sure what NPCs are supposed to animate, but Kion and New Trismus NPCs look the same as before.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; January 13th, 2015 at 07:59 PM.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Default Re: 386.82.0 bugs

I also can't double click trees to gather. Backspace bound key also doesn't work. Gather button in list in upper left doesn't work, either.

The gather options pop up whether you right or left click the tree. And, most annoyingly, selecting from the Gather pop up makes the toon auto face the selected tree. This is NOT a wanted action.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; January 13th, 2015 at 05:50 PM.

The feature for NPC animations is a technology release. The actual content will come later in the year (it's being worked on right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    The feature for NPC animations is a technology release. The actual content will come later in the year (it's being worked on right now).
    Ah, thank you
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Gerix on top of vault in Kion casts animations. If you watch him long enough you'll see his routine. Not sure if that's new or not, never really paid attention.

Yeah please remove that /fct crap on gathering. This game has no LOS. No need to face anything. I hope it is an option like the current combat /fct is.
    rip

Has this been reported? Patched to 386.82 and now all my hotkey icons are gone. The buttons still have their functions, and the icon png files are still in my prefs folders, but the icons are not showing. Had this happen to multiple toons as well. Patched down to chaos, the icons still not showing, patched back to blight again, and now they are back. Weird.

You lose the icons because they changed the naming structure of the hotkey icons.

So instead of hotkey_server_name_row_key.png it's just hotkey_row_key.png now.

On the old system, if you changed your name, you would have to change each of those pngs to new format. New format doesn't specify character or server, so it's gg.

Edit: I can provide code for a batch file if you really need it to change keys around :P But going to Blight will automatically convert to new format, removing the server_char part. If you're wanting to stick to live until that delta hits, batch is good.
    rip

I think I'm ok as long as I keep the blight client, and as long as I've logged into blight once with the affected toon so that the conversion process will happen.

I am getting more frequent crashing with this new client as well. I did recently flush my worldcache, seems to have slowed the client way down.

Definitely getting more crashes on this client. I have logged in, not even ported once, and CTD. And that's happened more than once. I was playing on chaos with the blight client.

With regards to the change to the naming convention on the hotkey icons, I think the client should be automatically checking for the old naming convention upon login, every time, and converting as needed.

Be sure when you crash, you're answering Yes when it asks to send in the crash report. If you're getting a ctd with no option to send in crash report, then play with the Support Logs enabled. Zip up (minus the client_chat_log_#.txt) logs folder, directly after the ctd and send in to support. Be sure to zip before logging in again, else those logs gets moved to logs_old and needs some searching to find.

The client does check for old naming conventions upon login. If it finds any, it renames it. I've made notes about that on Hotkey Icons thread. If it doesn't work for you, then whats an example /prefs/<foldername> ? And whats an example .png file name that's not getting changed? I've tried with many different characters on different servers, they all get renamed upon login.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Might just be that since the rename happens as the game is loading, the UI just misses them on the first login. A relog might be all thats needed to bring them back, and thinking about how it happened for me, that may be how it went.

I'll turn on the logs next time I log in, it has been crashing without option to send logs.

Using the emote window, clicking on "Hi" as a biped, causes weird lines around stuff.
    hi_emote_error.jpg

Thread Information