View Poll Results: Which colored effect for Bristugo & Genevia?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colored Portal Ring

15 46.88%
  • Colored Portal

13 40.63%
  • Leave alone - Don't change

4 12.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Portals At Hubs

Default Re: Portals At Hubs

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Thats pretty awesome you used that as an example. Stargate was on the top 3 of my all time favorite sci-fi series. Thanks for the blast to the past. Ark of Truth was the last part, stand alone movie to the tv series. Brings tears to my eyes to see that again :) That would be a cool effect, not sure how to pull that off, but will look into it.
    Glad you liked it. ;)

I've become a fan of Stargate before playing to Istaria and the first thing I thought when I saw a travel gate for the first time was "It really looks like a Stargate", especially the Dragons' gates that are constantly rotating : the Lunus one with the 9 red runes (movie and SG1) and the Helian one with the 9 blue stones (SGA).

This is one of the reasons why I haven't voted for changing the color of the portal, but for changing the ring color in Bristugo and Genevia, though I would make the blue ring a bit lighter.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Noted that blue be a tad lighter. Those spark effects seems difficult if not impossible (but haven't given up) on the way the teleporter models are. But whilst looking at all the seperate parts, I did notice the inner trim strip is a unique piece. This would be more subtle than the other two:

Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Noted that blue be a tad lighter. Those spark effects seems difficult if not impossible (but haven't given up) on the way the teleporter models are. But whilst looking at all the seperate parts, I did notice the inner trim strip is a unique piece. This would be more subtle than the other two:

Yes! I love this version! the colour difference is visible, but not too overpowering!

It depends which server board I think is which.

That's definitely much better than what was suggested before. It was super overpowering before but now it's notable without being glaring. :)

Ok, the "Star Gate" doesn't seem possible. I've tried several effects for randomness. Here's what I came up with. I think I'm done and these are the final possibilities. These are all animated gifs so you can see how it truly looks like.

http://istariareference.com/portals.asp

Portal 1 was the original idea.
    Portal 2 is the same as Portal 1, except effects are on the outter ring.
    Portal 3 is the same effects as 1 and 2, except applied to the trim.
    Portal 4-9 are random effects, applied to trim.

I used orange in the all the examples, but different colors will be applied to each of the 5 portals.

It seems I can't redo/edit the poll on this page. Well I can, but it seems it will still remember everyone who voted. Even if I change the poll, those who've voted would not be able to again. I will likely put another poll on a different page for these later on.

Agreed. this is pefect.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

Ok, the "Star Gate" doesn't seem possible. I've tried several effects for randomness. Here's what I came up with. I think I'm done and these are the final possibilities. These are all animated gifs so you can see how it truly looks like.

http://istariareference.com/portals.asp

Portal 1 was the original idea.
    Portal 2 is the same as Portal 1, except effects are on the outter ring.
    Portal 3 is the same effects as 1 and 2, except applied to the trim.
    Portal 4-9 are random effects, applied to trim.

I used orange in the all the examples, but different colors will be applied to each of the 5 portals.

It seems I can't redo/edit the poll on this page. Well I can, but it seems it will still remember everyone who voted. Even if I change the poll, those who've voted would not be able to again. I will likely put another poll on a different page for these later on.
    I have to say I really like either portal 1, portal 6, or portal 9. #6 because it stands out even with brown-on-brown, #9 because you can still tell it's brown but it's a bit more fancy lookin'. :D

Edit: While staring at portal 8 I've come to appreciate it's fancy beauty, too... even if it's sort of more black than color.
    Last edited by Racktor; January 31st, 2016 at 07:31 PM.

#8 is the electricity effect in game. What was suggested for the Star Gate or sparks effect wasn't possible to do it the way it was suggested, but #8 is the closest way with shaders. The images on the page will stop/restart after a while, so they seem jerky, but they are continous in game (unlike in the image).

Please participate in new poll at http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...go-amp-Genevia with the final/latest suggestions. This poll will be multi-choice, so you can choose more than one.

Portal 1.. I like the Golden effect, It makes me feel that one slip up o traveling you may end up on another world.. it feels Alien and i like it!
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

*runs about, flailing*

Nuuuuuuuu!!

Oh, sorry.

Loved Stargate SG-1 until the Ori showed up.

"We defeated the Goa'uld. We need a bigger, badder baddie!" XD
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Voted for several in the poll, but really would be happy with any of them. Nice work! :-)

Thread Information