Thread: Hi! I'm newI(ish)! Here's a brain dump of questions and stuff!!

Thumbs up Hi! I'm newI(ish)! Here's a brain dump of questions and stuff!!

(Sorry, this is long!)
    (Edit #2: Sorry! My memory sucks. I posted a few of these questions before on my first try with the game. I'll go back and re-read those threads. I haven't edited this current post, though.)

Hello!

I'm returning for the 3rd or 4th time. Each time I left for various reasons, but now that I have time AND money at the same time I decided to play again. I've been a fan since Horizons (I bought an un-opened box at the thrift store. I just knew that there was a map inside. Sadly, there was none).

I suck at combat. I don't know why, but skills, cool downs, buffs, etc all confuse me. I don't mind a little combat/questing every so often though and I usually just button bash when I do. Basically, I usually level super slow. Sadly, the advice I get in most of the other games that I tried is "When you get to max level, do this and that to make gold" To me, its about the journey, not the destination. So when I do combat stuff, it's usually for the storyline/lore or for the stuff you get as rewards .

Anyway, I'm not a big combat person. So I was wondering if its possible to advance as a crafter only. Do I have to sneak around baddies to get to resources?

Can I make money as a crafter/gatherer only? I LOVE the idea of building and decorating a plot of my own. I know the population is pretty low. I play on the RP server.

I love collecting in game stuff: Pets, plushies (decorations), shines, achievements, etc. Anything similar here?

I like quests that feature puzzles and such. I play Runescape on and off, for example, and I love their quests.

RP! Where do I usually find it? I'm on the RP server and I noticed a nice gathering of Dragons in the newbie town. Any where else I should check out?

Can I still get in on the plot thing. Share the fun, or something like that. I have a basic account now. I just didn't feel the need to pay an extra $5/month until I could afford a plot. I'm going to be making videos/blog posts about the game so I figured I might as well take advantage.

Speaking of which, about how much can plot set me back? I'm a super casual player, so I'm pretty sure it'll be months before I can afford one, let alone, two.

Also, what's a horde or something for dragons?

Are there pets and mounts?
    Last edited by Breezy; February 8th, 2015 at 01:47 AM.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Hi! I'm newI(ish)! Here's a brain dump of questions and stuff!!

Hey! I don't have much time so excuse my short reply.

For crafting, sometimes you have to sneak around mobs to get to the most abundant resources. Most resources do have unguarded versions placed in the world, but the best places are guarded by mobs. Ask around, you'll be sure to find people willing to tell you where guarded/unguarded fields are for resources you need. Making money by being a crafter's kind of hard, especially on Order, since people are more likely to just share things than buy them. You can try making tech'ed spells and whatnot and putting them on the Aughundell consigner.

You can get pets but I'm not entirely sure how you get some of them. I think you get some via loyalty tokens, which you get from buying a subscription, and others you may get from seasonal events. You can also get shoulder pets for loyalty tokens. Both do nothing combat-wise, but normal walking pets can work like extra inventories. There aren't any furniture decorations but you can get stuff to make tapestries or lair murals from questing, mostly in seasonal events though.

Can't think of any puzzle quests at the moment, sorry. I know NT has a person that gave riddles for a certain questline but I'm not sure if that questline's staying or not. (NTs getting an update)

RP is usually in New Trismus on Order, if there is any, or in the Role-Play channel (very very rarely, people like to be in person). When NT is updated (-cough-destroyed-cough-) I dont know if people stay there or will go elsewhere. I'll probably make a topic on that at some point in the order forum...

The Spread the Word program only works for Gifted subscriptions I think, meaning those already with a plot, unfortunately . Not sure if the devs are willing to change their stand on that though or not... but you can always upgrade your sub whenever you feel you want to get a plot in-game, if that's what you meant by 'extra $5/month until I could afford a plot".

Depends where the plot is on how much it costs. Those out in the middle of nowhere can range for a few hundred silver to a gold. Around resources is a gold or so, and in towns near portals can rocket up to 3 gold+. Also note that in this game, unlike a lot of games, 1 gold = 1000 silver, not 100. You may know this but it's worth mentioning! Money is pretty easy to come by though, at least at the highest levels, when you sell junk to Rhahool or Rhagool.

Hoard is a number that factors into a dragon's hoard and breath skill. You can get it by hoarding items that usually are shiny and whatnot, like coffers and staffs. Mobs like the Withered Aegis and Pygmies/Ogres like to drop it a lot. It also fuels a dragon's abilities that use it, like Ravage, Silver Strike, and Gold Rage.

There aren't any mounts (engine doesn't support it) but there are pets like I mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps!

I'm also on Order (the RP server) if you have any questions, all my characters are in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Hey! I don't have much time so excuse my short reply.

For crafting, sometimes you have to sneak around mobs to get to the most abundant resources. Most resources do have unguarded versions placed in the world, but the best places are guarded by mobs. Ask around, you'll be sure to find people willing to tell you where guarded/unguarded fields are for resources you need. Making money by being a crafter's kind of hard, especially on Order, since people are more likely to just share things than buy them. You can try making tech'ed spells and whatnot and putting them on the Aughundell consigner.

You can get pets but I'm not entirely sure how you get some of them. I think you get some via loyalty tokens, which you get from buying a subscription, and others you may get from seasonal events. You can also get shoulder pets for loyalty tokens. Both do nothing combat-wise, but normal walking pets can work like extra inventories. There aren't any furniture decorations but you can get stuff to make tapestries or lair murals from questing, mostly in seasonal events though.

Can't think of any puzzle quests at the moment, sorry. I know NT has a person that gave riddles for a certain questline but I'm not sure if that questline's staying or not. (NTs getting an update)

RP is usually in New Trismus on Order, if there is any, or in the Role-Play channel (very very rarely, people like to be in person). When NT is updated (-cough-destroyed-cough-) I dont know if people stay there or will go elsewhere. I'll probably make a topic on that at some point in the order forum...

The Spread the Word program only works for Gifted subscriptions I think, meaning those already with a plot, unfortunately . Not sure if the devs are willing to change their stand on that though or not... but you can always upgrade your sub whenever you feel you want to get a plot in-game, if that's what you meant by 'extra $5/month until I could afford a plot".

Depends where the plot is on how much it costs. Those out in the middle of nowhere can range for a few hundred silver to a gold. Around resources is a gold or so, and in towns near portals can rocket up to 3 gold+. Also note that in this game, unlike a lot of games, 1 gold = 1000 silver, not 100. You may know this but it's worth mentioning! Money is pretty easy to come by though, at least at the highest levels, when you sell junk to Rhahool or Rhagool.

Hoard is a number that factors into a dragon's hoard and breath skill. You can get it by hoarding items that usually are shiny and whatnot, like coffers and staffs. Mobs like the Withered Aegis and Pygmies/Ogres like to drop it a lot. It also fuels a dragon's abilities that use it, like Ravage, Silver Strike, and Gold Rage.

There aren't any mounts (engine doesn't support it) but there are pets like I mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps!

I'm also on Order (the RP server) if you have any questions, all my characters are in my signature.
    Short reply??? I'd hate to see you when you have alot to say
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Heyo! Welcome back, glad to see a new (old) face on Order! *dumps shinies on*

If you're looking to get a bit better at combat, that's a topic that I'm sure the combined knowledge of all the current players would fill a multi-volume book set. Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different suggestions on what to focus on! But luckily most character builds work just fine in normal combat anyway. Something I might suggest for you since you enjoy the journey is to make a caster (dump training points mainly into power/focus/relevant magic skill). I've found that they're quite fun to play with and combat is generally more interesting since you're usually focused on staying alive while using your different spells to weaken and defeat your enemies. Another tip: explore, explore, explore! There's tons of unique quests and content out there that a good number of people simply don't find.

Crafters are definitely always needed and it is entirely possible to have a character with minimal adventure levels and maxed out craft levels- just takes some time and creativity. Sad to say that you likely won't make much money off of just crafting and selling to the player base, at least until the high-level stuff that everyone is always needing for epic fights and such. The Order shard is a pretty nice place to be when you're looking for something to buy (most things people will make for free if you provide the materials) but not so great if you're looking to make your money exclusively from selling crafted items. Though mass-producing things to sell to pawnbrokers would work I suppose.

Looking for collectables? Look no further than Istaria! There's oodles of unique (or not so unique) items that you can hoard away in your personal stash. Heck my main character has issues with holding on to too many things and running out of space to keep them.

Puzzling quests... there's a few out there. Some of them are seasonal and others just take a bit of creativity to figure out (Riddle parts of Ancient Rites of Passage stumped me a few times before for example) though the vast majority of quests are basically: "make x amount of this" or "kill x amount of that". The most interesting quests in my opinion are definitely the ones that require high adventure levels, even if it takes you years to get to the point of starting them, the quests are still worth checking out.

RP is most often found on New Trismus (not sure how or if that will change when the NT revamp goes live) of course you can always start something in the RP channel and once you get to know some people you'll always find a few who like to RP in person in locations other than NT. Group chat RP is also a thing sometimes when you get a group of RPers. To sum up: you find RP more often the more you talk to people.

Plot thing? *gives a blank stare* No information on that one from me, you probably know about as much as I do.

Plot prices, as said above can vary greatly. Cheaper plots are generally in places where there's no resources nearby. Guild plots can be quite cheap depending of course on who owns the master plot and the size of the plot and such.

Hoard is exactly what Rackie said. If you need hoard ever, you can generally find an ancient or someone at level 100 in a school that has way too much as it is and will dump out literal millions of it in one go.

Hope this helps and that I didn't repeat too many things from the previous post. Also for any other questions you might have when in-game, I recommend New Player and/or Marketplace.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Short reply??? I'd hate to see you when you have alot to say
    I wrote that before I typed that overly long post out, so shush! :P

To further what Machaeon said about combat, I think there's a thread out there giving combat ideas somewhere.... somewhere.

Thread Information