Thread: Patcher crashing

Default Patcher crashing

Hello all,

So, I guess there was a patch in the past few days? I noticed the game is trying to update, but the patcher is crashing and I can't get in.

I was quick enough to grab a screencap and was going to post that, but the uploader in the "Manage Attachments" window isn't working either. I keep getting an "upload failed" error from that, too.

Not doing too well am I? lol

Here's a direct link to the image instead.

That's the last thing it shows, then it crashes, without an error message, etc.

I cleared the cache and selected to do a full file check. It got through that, but then said it was unable to open a zip file.

Now I'm back to the "retrieving version" crash.

It wasn't doing any of this prior to the last update. I was able to log in fine.

Sooo... any ideas on what's going on would be greatly appreciated, because I've not a clue.

Thanks

Default Re: Patcher crashing

I've heard of a report that Avast is giving a false positive on one of the files since last patch. Are you running Avast anti-virus? Try to disable your current antivirus temporarily to see if that makes a difference. It could apply to another anti-virus besides Avast as well, that's unknown at this time. I'm taking a stab in the dark, but if disabling does work, please advise which anti-virus you're running.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Edit...

Nevermind. That wasn't the trick. It gets past the patcher, but then something else keeps triggering anti-virus and it shuts the game down again.

I've added Istaria to my exceptions, but it's still not running.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I've heard of a report that Avast is giving a false positive on one of the files since last patch. Are you running Avast anti-virus? Try to disable your current antivirus temporarily to see if that makes a difference. It could apply to another anti-virus besides Avast as well, that's unknown at this time. I'm taking a stab in the dark, but if disabling does work, please advise which anti-virus you're running.
    Last edited by Wolfsong73; February 8th, 2015 at 04:22 AM.

Good to hear, as soon as Avast verifies/confirms there is no virus present, it would be removed from their list. So eventually you won't need to disable the anti-virus prior to playing. They are over aggressive sometimes, but better safe than sorry, I suppose The file it suspects is pt_lib.dll.auc|pt_lib.dll which hasn't been updated since 2012. Why it got flagged now, all of the sudden, is odd.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; February 8th, 2015 at 04:12 AM.

Are you getting any specific error messages to suggest the anti-virus is shutting it down? Just trying to figure out if any proof the anti-virus is shutting the game down and not another issue. Might not be so 'easy' to 'disable' Avast 100% is what I'm thinking, if it is that. Thinking maybe a temporary 100% uninstall of Avast, to test might tell. (Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall Program).
    Last edited by Cegaiel; February 8th, 2015 at 04:35 AM.

That screenshot suggests a problem with the patcher, not the actual Istaria game. You could check your desktop shortcut and make sure that you're starting Istaria with Admin privledges, and using WindowsXP SP3 Compatibility:
    https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=68

If that doesn't work, then please submit a support ticket. One of the developers can connect and resolve / investigate the issue.

Thread Information