Thread: The Big Release 386.117

Default The Big Release 386.117

Blight has been updated with the latest, latest, latest client update.

386.116 is history and 386.117 is the new New!

Just in case you have not been following, below are links to all the updates included:
    http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=594
    http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=593
    http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=592
    http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=591
    http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=587

Below are the remaining fix items for this update. The devs say there's no more features coming and they're in the home stretch of fixes.
    - Moving items between pouches

If there's anything that's an issue (and associated to these updates), please post in this thread.

Please take note that we're not looking for information on existing bugs - just anything that's new / related to the changes linked above. The developers are really working hard to get this update stable and released, so at this point they're keeping their scope tight.

If you've got something to report, please remember that the developers need:
    - coordinates (you can type /printpos to find out where you are / look at the compass)
    - steps to reproduce (spells / abilities)
    - character name / school details if appropriate

If communicating the steps would present more personal information than you'd like to post on the forums (maybe your character name / stats / personal info), then please use the support site.

Thank you in advance for any and all help in getting this new update solid and ready for live. It's an exciting update with nice performance improvements, lots of usability features, and fixes.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; March 12th, 2015 at 08:06 PM.

Default Re: The Big Release 386.117

With 386.117.2, having 'audio missing' when harvesting. Tried chopping tree and picking stone and very quiet. Sound works fine on casting spells and recall, etc.

DEV: This issue has been fixed and has been included in the next update
    Last edited by Yfelvik; March 16th, 2015 at 10:08 PM.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

I checked on my client that idles in Dralk after a few days, and discovered my client debug log had grown to 33.8GB after 3-4 days on 386.117. I think it may be caused by the particle problem that recent clients seem to be having in Dralk, and I noticed that the ember particles don't seem to be rendered, along with log spam at a rate of about 175 lines per second:

WARNING TEffectsManager::GetParticlesFromPool RAN OUT OF PARTICLES (empty pool): requested 200 particles, allocated 0 (world effect = 1)

Sorry for being so late reporting this, but I don't recall it exploding my debug logs before. I did mention the problem back in the 386.9x time period though, so it could possibly be present in the current live client.

DEV: That's pretty awesome to hear that you can idle for 3-4 days. That means the recent update to patch memory leaks are working out well. The developers say they're aware of the particle pool issue and while it's not a new issue, it's shows up more because of how object loading has changed. They will be working on that once the new client is released.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; March 17th, 2015 at 07:57 PM.
    Jstntron (Chaos): Ancient, Grand Master Dragon Crafter
    Woobie (Chaos): Saris, 41 Adventure/216 Crafter
    Vulkanos Firefiend (Order): Hatchling, 20/11

I am sad to see this was released. I'm lagging horribly with it on both chaos and blight.
    Every time I port into Troy on blight, my entire plot has to slowly draw in.
    On Chaos, making a run from Sslanis pad to portals is very jerky. I asked a friend to try it, and it was so bad it crashed.
    The missing audio is driving me nuts. Can I have the old one back please?

Quote Originally Posted by Marynah View Post
    I'm lagging horribly with it on both chaos and blight.
    Every time I port into Troy on blight, my entire plot has to slowly draw in.
    On Chaos, making a run from Sslanis pad to portals is very jerky.
    While I'm happy to see some of the new changes that went in on other things, I have to agree with Marynah on this. I jerk and lag on both order and blight with this when moving around. It might be all good while sitting idle in game, but we have to move around in a game and movement makes places like sslanis, tazoon, aughundell, and other graphic intensive areas such as plots are a nightmare.

Yes I am at some point getting logs together to hand in. I did do so previously on it before this set of optimization fixes went live and stated my issues in those I handed in. I couldn't or didn't get enough time to test properly (due to health issues this weekend) and hand in a set of logs showing the problems still existed for me before the optimization fixes were put into a delta on tues.

[DEV: Blight has been updated with release 386.121 and should greatly improve / fix the problems you're describing. The developers would love to hear your feedback on this update. Just send a note at https://support.istaria.com]
    Last edited by Yfelvik; March 19th, 2015 at 09:55 PM.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

The developers are working hard to resolve the issues that made it to the live shards. Blight currently has an updated client, version 386.120, that should significantly improve the situation. If you have some time to test, please do so and provide feedback.

You can use the Blight client on a live shard by:
    1. Log in with launcher
    2. Click Troubleshoot and select "Patch Only"
    3. Select any character on Blight and click the patch button at center of screen (says Patch 386.120). Let patching finish.
    4. Click Troubleshoot and uncheck "Patch Only", and check Disable Patching
    5. Select a character on a live shard and log in

Take note that you now have the Blight client / game assets and will need to keep patching disabled (each time you log in) in order for the launcher to not "fix things".

Blight has been updated with release 386.121

This update is headed to the live shards, so if you have feedback, please let us know. If your experience is good / better than before, we'd also like to know.

Thank you!

I've patched my Dralk character to 386.121 and am seeing some embers again, which is better than none, but still getting error logs. I will have to patch my main client to test the hitching issues as I haven't been able to yet since the 386.11x clients, but thank you for the updates so far.

WARNING TEffectsManager::GetParticlesFromPool RAN OUT OF PARTICLES (empty pool): requested 100 particles, allocated 0 (world effect = 1)
    WARNING TEffectsManager::GetParticlesFromPool RAN OUT OF PARTICLES (empty pool): requested 600 particles, allocated 0 (world effect = 1)

[DEV: The particle pool is a known issue and occurred before the recent updates. The developers are going to investigate the particle pool issue for the next major release of the client. Remember when you're testing for performance or experience, logs must be disabled. Logs significantly impact how the client runs and will cause hitching in some cases]
    Last edited by Yfelvik; March 20th, 2015 at 06:58 PM.
    Jstntron (Chaos): Ancient, Grand Master Dragon Crafter
    Woobie (Chaos): Saris, 41 Adventure/216 Crafter
    Vulkanos Firefiend (Order): Hatchling, 20/11

Sslanis is still horribly laggy (no change) and I only have harvesting sound in 3rd person, and none in 1st person. No change.

[DEV: Please contact support at https://support.istaria.com for further assistance in tracking down the performance on your computer]
    Last edited by Yfelvik; March 20th, 2015 at 06:58 PM.

I'm going to close this thread, as a significant update was released to Blight as release 386.129. That update has quite a few changes that change loading, sounds, and overall performance. The release notes can be found here and a new thread for discussion can be found here.

Thread Information