Thread: What to put on t5 biped suits?

Default What to put on t5 biped suits?

I've got my sslik Hetanko to 100 Spiritist, Druid, Healer, and getting close to 100 in Shaman (What I intend his main class to be.) Playing 99% of the time as a dragon, I have no real understanding of what is good to put on his t5 combat suits since I very rarely actually fight anything with him. I tend to do the vast majority of my fighting with Mach since that's the character I have the best understanding of what it can do and what strengths and weaknesses to take into account. I have made a very, VERY generalized ironsilk suit for him already, socketing everything I can and putting a lot of power, health, and armor techs where I can. The idea behind this suit was that he can use it somewhat effectively in most magic-using classes I throw him at. But again I don't know if any of that was a good decision.

What I'd like to know is what techs and more importantly where to put the techs on:

• A Shaman's suit including jewelry. (I'm assuming a lot of nature and blight along with armor and health to keep yourself alive while doing some good damage.)
    • A Healer's suit including jewelry. (I'm assuming a lot of life and focus, along with health and armor since the goal of this class is really to stay alive and heal effectively rather than do much damage. I'd love to actually be able to heal effectively enough to take him epic hunting so there'd be more chances for groups to get some epics killed while not relying on the few regular healers there are on Order being online for any hunting to happen.)

I'd like to be at least as effective with my sslik as I am with my dragons at some point, and clearly he needs better gear than he's got now. I'd rather have an understanding of what's good on a suit before investing the hours grinding the comps needed. Thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by Machaeon; March 19th, 2015 at 08:03 PM.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Default Re: What to put on t5 biped suits?

Firstly: They're all mystic classes. Sadly, mystic school skills are most effectively boosted by focus. I'd suggest replacing power with focus anywhere you plan to put that statistic due to the skill boost. Yes, that includes even nature. spirit skill etc.

As for healer...I'd go with life/focus/health techs (with perhaps additional nature skill where stats won't go. Spirit skill works fine as recovery and self sacrificium as well but nature has more healer use) on stuff generally.

As for shaman...that really depends how you want to play it. Shaman has VERY wide access to mystic skills, and honestly whether you go down the route of nature, spirit, life + blight support, it can effectively pull off any of those and other builds too.
    So i'd suggest chosing your favourite magic type first of all.
    Nature does the most damage, Blight focuses of debuffs mostly, Spirit got heals but low damage.
    Build around that, then. IMO - nature/spirit is a pretty good combination as you have damage from nature, and spirit recovery too, but chose your own way to play...for me to give any specific advice about shaman i'd need to know how you want to play it.

Health is always a boon, and focus will help all mystic magic with skill bonuses.

Not really sure if it's worth making 2 suits, since neither can wear Plate. I think both can wear ring/chainmail, of course please correct me if I'm wrong. So most of my comments/suggestions stem from the idea that you only need one set. I'm also going to include a note about Training Points, so you're gonna have to take everything into consideration here to get the bigger picture. (consider re-reading http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...s-(by-smeglor) to refresh yourself on what does what)

I'm going to disagree with Azath on a few things here, but please don't take that as argumentative, simply a difference of opinion.

Firstly, Spirit does HUGE damage since most spirit spells are ethereal so they bypass armor. Secondly, there is no distinction between mystic or arcane spells in terms of damage, POWER is the stat that will boost magic damage, not focus. Focus will boost your skills, but only by a tiny amount, not really worth the tech slot in my opinion. Aside: if you ever get the urge, take Mage to 100 to boost your Power, you will notice the difference.

Since you have Healer, your focus will be more than adequate. Unfortunately, Shaman only gets 8 Power per level, so you will be lacking a little in that area, so my first suggestion is POWER on everything (and xtal slots on everything that will take it, for the lvl 100 Power xtals). Also, having healer will mean your Heals will be awesome since your Life skill and Focus are both very high. I don't think there's any point in boosting them further, you won't really get a massive increase in my opinion.

Health Jewelry if you hadn't already considered that, the T6 jewelry is actually very good (although I've kept my T5 rings since they have the capacity to take an extra tech e.g. Spirit AND Nature).

I generally prefer health techs over armor techs and I don't really see the point in having both.

My typical preference in order for placing techs goes like this:
    (xtals)
    Health
    Stat (i.e. Power)
    Skill (i.e. Spirit, then Nature)

I mentioned earlier Training Points. The way I view is thus: 1 point for Health, 3 points for Skills, 4 points for Stats. When thinking about what TECHS you're considering, just remember you can get more benefit from Skills using your TP's, so that's why I suggested above that Stats take precedence regarding Tech slots, and Skills can take precedence regarding TP's.

For me, TP's use to go 50% health, 25% spirit, 25% nature. I think these days I've moved some from spirit and nature into Power (because in full gear spirit and nature were both around the 1500 mark... which doesn't really give any extra to-hit chance compared with ~1300).

Unfortunately I can't give you the exact layout of what techs on what pieces, but play around with the HCC and you'll come up with something.

Hope that helped, feel free to ask any questions for clarification, or simply to debate and discuss.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Don't ever waste TP on health (or any other stat!), use techs and crystals on those.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Health is the only one that costs 1 tp so yeah,its worth using.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

T6 Jewelery is able to add techs to them, keep that in mind, I agree with Terao don't waste your TP on health.

I would put TP into Strength/Dexterity, to balance the fact that you don't have a big hitter class like Berzerker or Warrior.

You sound like your wanting to be a caster, Druid with healer 100 is a nice healer that can wear Essence Leather which is way better than Padded Ironsilk.
    Druid can also use spiritist, nature spells. One class I think your missing and please don't take this as me telling you how to build your character because in the end it is personal choice is mage. Mage or Wizard will max out your power and all of your casting spells will hit a lot harder.

With that said I would tech a set of Essence Leather (mage can't wear, use your other set for it) with the following:
    Armor V, Power V, those 2 would go on everything I could and then the 3rd is really up to you on what kind of damage you like to do the most, perhaps Nature V or Flame V. My druid is Armor V, Power V, Nature V.

-Kor

TP's I would put into skills, evasion, magic evasion. Putting them in stats is a waste, costs way too much.

For gear sets, the jewelry is pretty easy, since earrings and bracelets only have very few choices. I think bracelets are power/strength and earrings are focus dex. Usually use armor for third. Necklace just socket. Rings are the only jewelry that you will tech skills onto, for a mystic put on either nature or spirit (for t6, t5 can put both), but Spirit probably best.

On the rest of the gear, I would tech in this order of importance: Spirit,Nature,Power,Armor,Focus. Mask is usually Armor Power Focus, Boots will be Armor Speed Dexterity. You will find many pieces have limited choices, so what to put becomes easy. For Belt, get a Reklar Sash since the evasion is nice.

Believe me - TP on health is wasted for the dustbin. Use your TP wise, they are one of the greatest possibilities given to max out the thing you really need, in most cases this is damage and the chance to hit. Supporters like healers need life and as much evasion they can get, helps to stay in battle when others already felt. Use 50% (600) on your primary SKILL, and the rest on either like Korchak said on the secondary stat to max damage (dex and str for melee, foc and pow for caster, not something I really prefer) - or: evasion.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Heh I've got his TP put 600 into power, 150 into spirit and nature each, and 300 into health. Figured he'd need the health to stay alive while his spells take effect, that and his armor is still low (ironsilk suit) so he's quite squishy still. He's about in the same boat at this point as my caster draggie, both squishy but manage to do okay in fights. I've been really wanting to get him to 100 mage or wizard for a while so I don't need to invest in power like I currently do and invest them elsewhere. He currently gets a base of 700 power without any investment, not good for doing good damage with spells (will go up to 800 base once he hits 100 Shaman).

I've never liked investing in evasion/magic evasion on any character I have, he does get pretty good in evasions already with Druid. Remember shortly after getting him to 100 Druid I sent him into the ED at level 15 in some other school just for giggles. He got by mostly unscathed, it was hilarious to see a level 15 dodge a good portion of t6 mob's attacks. Also sent him to Reklar's spot wearing nothing but special pants and unbuffed last week for fun, made it only getting hit twice by anything. If only I could have recorded that!

Thanks for the info everyone, this has definitely given me some things to think about!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Ok, I know I am late to this thread but will tack my ideas along anyway.

So I understand you wanna be shaman, straight away thats chainmail Mystic class. Your char isn't entirely different to my mains if I am honest. Ok yes I am a Paladin, but ultimately both are mystic warrior-ish classes.

I have been pretty underwhelmed by Nature in terms of damage to a single foe. However what I will say is that this school of magic has an amazing array of AoE's so in that regarding you can output tremendous amounts of damage (when fighting grouped mobs) also the school has a good array of roots. so its fairly versatile.

My preference for damage magical damage is probably the spirit school. However I do find that the arcane spells (mainly the elemental attacks, and of course don't forget perfect spell and multicast) are also very useful.

So as for techs I would go with
    Armour (personal preference) or health
    Power (any gaps with focus)
    and Spirit (since your going shaman i would also fill any gaps left with Blight)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Thread Information