Thread: (fly) speed

Default (fly) speed

after last patch on Tuesday, our dragons walk and fly as if disc was equipped.

Not matter what we try (speeds scales, velocity) --we can`t get back to old fly speed or speed.
    Any ideas?

Another thing is casting time- be it buffs or spells or bolts- it takes much longer than we are used to it.
    Esp. in combat , Lov (hybride caster) can only use melee attacks- or she is dead before combat starts.
    Melee attacks are not affected by this delay.
    This prob exsists since next to last patch. Flame`s biped does not have any of that probs

Flame plays on comp and laptop
    I dual log, but have 2 games on 2 diff. harddisks

Any help is much appreciated
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: (fly) speed

About the fly speed/speed, I haven't noticed any change with the running speed at all, though I have noticed that the flying animation is slower than usual but the actual movement speed while flying does seem to be the same (I think). Equipping a disk does in fact slow down the movement speed though not necessarily the animation speed.

The casting time for buffs and spells hasn't changed on my end, or if it has it's not noticeable. I can still drain bolt t5 and t6 things to death as always.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

It's only the speed of the wing animation that good slowed down it seems, fly or run speed isn't affected.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thank you for answering-
    So I think the prob is on my side, will do more testing.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Another thing is casting time- be it buffs or spells or bolts- it takes much longer than we are used to it.
    Esp. in combat , Lov (hybride caster) can only use melee attacks- or she is dead before combat starts.
    Melee attacks are not affected by this delay.
    This prob exsists since next to last patch. Flame`s biped does not have any of that probs

Flame plays on comp and laptop
    I dual log, but have 2 games on 2 diff. harddisks

Any help is much appreciated
    When you say next to last patch, do you mean the clients that were appearing on Blight? Or do you mean since the last "big" patch 386.138 that came to Live Shards on April 13? Or do you mean since that previous Live Shard client 386.122 on March 21? Or a couple of patches ago to the Blight Server? I suspect this might be related to a couple of other posts regarding "synch" issues and slow casting times. If you might be able to narrow down when you think it started, I can test some older clients out and maybe try to get an idea when it started misbehaving.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an idea if you want to try some experiments, too. I like to go back in time, occasionally and see if I can figured out when a certain issue might've been introduced.

I'm going to upload a handful of older clients (istaria.exe) in a few minutes. They'll be in a .zip with the version number in the file name, so you can tell which is which. If you are willing, try to grab and go back and overwrite your istaria.exe with different versions and maybe see if you can pinpoint when you think it was introduced.

They'll be located at http://istariareference.com/mirror/client-archive/
    Last edited by Cegaiel; April 18th, 2015 at 12:54 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information