Thread: Allow Crimson Ravager Hearts and Fiery Golem Cores to be looted by non-alchemists

Default Allow Crimson Ravager Hearts and Fiery Golem Cores to be looted by non-alchemists

After completing Niesa's Draught (part 3) and receiving ten of the lovely potions, I of course wanted to have more made.

And then I realized that only an alchemist can even loot the required components to make the potion. That doesn't really make much sense to me honestly, anyone should be able to loot those components if not actually produce the potion.

If the components weren't annoying to get, I wouldn't complain because an alchemist would have no problems gathering them and making them for others. But because they are so annoying to get (ravager hearts in particular), I highly doubt those with the form scribed would make more potions for anyone but themselves. This would bar any dragon or biped who hasn't leveled alchemist yet from getting more of Niesa's Draught unless they find an alchemist willing to go through the annoyance of hunting those comps.

What I suggest is allowing those with Niesa's Draught (part 3) completed to loot the components so even if they aren't an alchemist, they can trade the components to someone who is if they want more potions made.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Default Re: Allow Crimson Ravager Hearts and Fiery Golem Cores to be looted by non-alchemists

I actually agree. I faced Crimson Ravager's and only two Spawn. So I think some restricts should be lifted.

Default Re: Allow Crimson Ravager Hearts and Fiery Golem Cores to be looted by non-alchemists

Frozen carapaces for niesas rub drop for everyone,why shouldn't these as well?
    Theres only 2 crimson ravagers on island of fire. perhaps they could have guaranteed heart drop? (or change that to Crimson Wolf heart which you can find plenty?)

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It is supposed to be considered an "Epic"ish potion. So some difficulty getting comps is to be expected. How many comps are needed per potion? On the Niesa's rub potion, they first have to be processed. I think it takes what 2 carapaces per potion. Probably is easier to get that these comps, but also less useful (how many people play in conjuror). i.e. not really a big deal that they are easier to get.

Maybe this way, the potions will actually be valuable? Sell for 50s or something

A guaranteed drop might be nice. But those ravagers respawn really quickly. Almost as soon as they are dead, a couple more have spawned. So unless people are fighting over the spawn, it's pretty quick farming. The spawn zone is nice and contained and not all spread out.

Unless the comp is only a 1 in 10 chance or less drop, it's probably fine.

I believe the current drop rate is 60%

Some possible ideas being tossed around:

Increase drop rate to 100%
    Change this to General Loot (ie you don't need formula scribed to make them drop). But I think if anyone get get them, then 60% might be a bit high
    Increase spawn number, maybe 3 or 4.
    Increase spawn timer.

I am empathetic with the OP, but on the other hand, the Alchemist (not many people really level this school up until later) does have a nice "hustle" going on. He/she has something very much in demand, a +100 Speed potion.

Devs are considering this, but it needs to be looked at carefully. If you have any ideas on a fair compromise, please keep the posts coming.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; June 10th, 2015 at 02:15 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Yeah, make it general drop, but lower the chance.

I like change to general loot very much, that way somebody can come to alchemist with ingredients and ask him/her to make potions.
    but if not, solution "increase spawn number" + 60% drop rate works to me too.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

General loot and a lower drop rate is perfectly fine with me! I would absolutely love that.

If that's given a 'no' by the team however, a higher drop rate and/or spawn rate would certainly help make getting those comps less annoying.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

It's a done deal for General Loot, will be on Delta 275. They have new icons, too, so they stand out; not share the junk loot icons. Hopefully that delta won't be too much longer before it goes out.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Resurrecting this thread because I feel that it does need to be addressed again. Granted, I am a relatively new 100 Alchemist, so I don't know how the drop rate was before.

Someone was kind enough to hunt with me for around three hours and of the drops I only managed to get 22 hearts to 160 Fangs and 250 trophies.

This still feels... exceptionally difficult to get even with the changes that have been implemented.

Some good points were made earlier, but three hours and only 22 hearts feels like a very bad trade off still. Please reconsider looking at this once more.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

The difficulty with the heart is that making it general loot it now shares time on the loot table with other items of interest from the Crimson Ravager, including Crimson Wolf Fang (a tech comp used in 5 techs as well as the Burning Archer quest) and Crimson Wolf Skull (a trophy). So, this is a bit of a Catch-22 situation. It is either more specialized as a drop and then it can drop more often or it is available to more players in which case it is more rare as a drop.

Fiery Golem Core has a similar issue, sharing time on the loot table with Fire Opal Golem Chip (tech comp used in 5 techs and Burning Archer quest) and Fire Opal Golem Gemstone (trophy).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

This brings to mind a suggestion.

Is it possible to perhaps have the Component Consigners also act as a sort of... merchant to sell such things?

For example....

Let's say you made Sir Aidan similar to Nadia, except that instead of trading for the 'obsolete comps', they'd trade in the regular ones, to include the Crimson Ravager Hearts, Blighted Carapaces, etc. at a 'price-gouged' rate, in exchange for monster specific components and/or trophies.

For example 20-30 Crimson Wolf Fangs/Trophies to 1 Crimson Ravager Heart... or whatever formula the dev teams feels would be 'good' just... not exceptionally unreasonable, but something that would feel a little more attainable.

Here's another way it could be considered, allowing us to collect trophies from creatures that Scout Burris sends you after and trading in 5 trophies to 1 *insert comp/resource*

I've seen multiple people trying to acquire these items but due to rarity of them... they often end up getting frustrated and stopping.

I understand that some components should be 'epic level', but some of these drop rates makes it an exceptionally frustrating thing to do. Perhaps having some alternatives to make it a little better would help.

Could this be something to consider?

Thank you for your time.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Thread Information