Thread: So mylocs got new buff

Default So mylocs got new buff

Anyone knows what is Spirit Affinity?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Default Re: So mylocs got new buff

Actually they've always had that. What has changed recently and why you notice it, is because all the abilities have been updated so that they actually display in your combat window. Previously you might have seen mobs around the world present this message:

Sal'guk Gather cast .
    Ish'kuk Warrior cast .

Many of the ability's display name was blank, so now they all should display.

The reference in patch notes about that, was this line:

• Mobs Cast and No Description - abilities used by mobs. Missing/blank entries will now display correctly in combat window (Yellow text).

But, there is a nice feature on the current Blight client that will now show the mobs debuffs/buffs, just as you see your own (in target window). You can hover them for the name or right click them to Show details (tooltip).

If you wanted to test this, you could patch to blight, then tick the disable patching (troubleshoot button), then play with this client feature on Chaos/Order. Technically you only need istaria.exe from the Blight patch. So you could save that file, once patched (save it to a folder outside of Istaria). Then copy it back. That method wouldn't require you to disable patching.

As you see in this screenshot, I just right clicked her ability name on that target window and can see what it does.

By the way, you'll notice the yellow text, in combat window, is now showing any abilities that are cast by mobs.

Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Oh that's amazing!!! thanks a ton

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Yes, it will be useful to see what mobs are currently using. Perhaps wait until the timer runs out and the icon disappears before attacking or doing certain things

That's a nice feature

Holy moly! I've been hoping for that for the longest time, can't wait to have that go live!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

you can already get that on order,you just have to patch to blight then when you log in to order disable patching.

This doesn't seem to work perfectly yet. I patched and selected random Myloc- I could only see Monster Incorporeal buff. I did the same for Fallen Guards and they use like 4 or 5 buffs but I could only see Shielded.
    Also are we supposed to see other players buffs? Not sure that's a fair thing.

I thought the same thing about the buff windows not displaying correctly, before it was released, but tech has verified it works proper.

When a mob gets into range, they visually show they're casting everything they got, then it might be a while before the buffs recharge. So for example, one of the timer on buffs might only have a couple of seconds left (from a previous player in range), that why it drops almost immediately. But while they're in range, you can watch them cast buffs on their normal timer. These "discrepancies" are when the mob first loads, they just basically show it casting all available buffs they have.

One of the mobs tested was the Ish'kuk. They will cast Frozen Embrace every 60 seconds, and I see it cast about that interval. It lasts for 15 seconds, so it appears, then disappears.

I guess I haven't actually targeted another player, it shows their buffs, too? I think the original intent was just to show the mobs' buffs.

I can see how PvP in the arena could be bad. I can see this as good because in a group, you can see if your fellow members are properly buffed up. Instead of asking your biped friends if anyone needs Promote Vitality/Intellect, now you can just target them and see for yourself.

What would the consensus be on this by players, good or bad?

Actually the only buff I could see on other player was Galderos heart. when I was shortly on Blight I selected Milicent and saw Tavern Atmosphere on her.
    It just doesn't feel right to me but I want to know what others think. Arena s probably the only problem. I see that would be very useful during hunts for buffing player to know what buffs to give to others. (or suggest replacement when others use differnet buffs)

I think the only problem with seeing other player's buffs would come up in the arena, which isn't a huge part of the game anyway. Even now in the arena, if you know the player well enough or simply pay attention while they're buffing up you'd pretty much have the same advantage as seeing their buffs on the target window.

So seeing other player's buffs would be fine with me for one.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I think seeing other players buffs is a good thing, imho.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

It depends which server board I think is which.

PvP is such a small thing in Istaria that it probably shouldn't really be taken into consideration. (Plus, can just say a 'no staring at other buffs' rule?)

It can be useful if you're hunting an epic and you notice someone has an outdated buff on them when clicking around, so you can update it and help out. Or if someone runs by you, you can see if they have the appropriate buffs for their level rather than stopping them just to re-cast buffs on them they already have. (Has happened to me a few times - nice intentions, but gets annoying) Would just be a quality-of-life thing.

I don't really want people looking at my buffs but that's just me. I see more benefits than flaws to it though for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    I don't really want people looking at my buffs but that's just me. I see more benefits than flaws to it though for everyone.
    OMG.. really get over it its not like we have PVP in any meaningful way! as previously said we can atleast tell who needs buffs when in groups and saves repeatedly asking "who needs "Blah" even more useful when hunting groups that have debuffers. so yeah its a good thing...And People say "I" don't want change!!!! *walks away muttering*
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Im not against it. I see it as a huge benefit.
    hmm how to put it. I don't want people to comment on my choice of buffs during hunts. that's all lol.
    (im probably worrying too much). relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Im not against it. I see it as a huge benefit.
    hmm how to put it. I don't want people to comment on my choice of buffs during hunts. that's all lol.
    (im probably worrying too much). relax.
    You're definitely worrying too much. At most, with Istaria's community, I imagine the worst that could happen is someone pointing out you're missing a buff.

Playing my biped, I'm going to love this. When doing routine epic hunts with lots of dragons, it's a pain to keep track of which dragon out of the 9 that have come I've already buffed, and which ones still need enhances, or need 1 enhance and 2 gifts. All the butts look the same to me!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    You're definitely worrying too much. At most, with Istaria's community, I imagine the worst that could happen is someone pointing out you're missing a buff.
    Or getting grumbly because someone decided to use Arcane Refusal, overriding their Ignore Mysticism, when fighting a mob that primarily uses blight attacks and never touches elemental ones.

Thread Information