Thread: Tech slots for epic weapons

Default Tech slots for epic weapons

I cannot help but feel that epics should get their own tech slots. A lot of them are still not being used because t6 socketed/teched weapon looks better than the epic equivalent and are not worthy peoples time to collect epic tokens.
    So what if epic weapons could have added 2 tech slots. I think that would be something interesting to consider.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Default Re: Tech slots for epic weapons

I have to agree. I have both the demon claw and talon and i switch to my crafted claw for most meaningful fights. XD The improvement of the epics may also facilitate more community interaction (more raid/hunt groups? yes plz)

Delvi
    Delvien Vol 100/41 3129 days and counting, assorted hatchies, and a creature called Disturbed.

I live for chaos

Are you talking about all epic items in general, or specific ones? IIRC, a lot of the items have already been given buffs. Giving tech slots might be needed on some (or further adjustment) but would be extremely unneeded on others, imo.

a NO from here- or an ok to what Alisto said
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

The easily crafted Priceless weapons have two tech slots, and they are better than the epic weapons. I do more dmg with my 2 hand priceless than with blood sword, demongii. The priceless shortbow is best for ranger since it's got a lower delay (means more attacks per minute, means more chances to stun) compared the the blood bow.

A tech slot or two on the epic weapons would make them relevant. And it could be done in a way that doesn't result in anything too overpowered. Example, the dire hide grip tech, which adds a chance for an extra attack, could be set to be not allowed on the demon flurry, since the demon flurry already adds extra attacks. But it would be good on the bloodbow. Demon flurry could still take sockets for health and dex crystals, etc.

I believe amon was thinking of doing this already, but they wanted time to evaluate the last round of changes to the epic items first, which mostly settled around the shields (I say that since those changes seemed to be the best of the changes). The changes to the weapons were pretty weak. vampire bats on the staff are 1/4th the strength of valkors, fire rarely and randomly, and heal much weaker than valkor's bats heal him. The staff was better with the +1000 power buff... Give it some sockets, or bump up the dot to match valkors. Due to the random nature of the proc, it doesn't do much in combat other than look cool.

Same points can be made regarding the blood talon, bloodbow, demon claw, I could go on.

Most biped epic weapons could use some tech slots I think, that or a readjustment. The dragon epics are fine as-is IMO, I use the blood talon constantly unless I want the option of a socket for something specific.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Please no tech slots on Epic Weapons. Let them deal more damage, adding higher buffs, a higher %-chance for effects... I think it's better to overhaul them AND MAKE THEM EPIC as they should be. And please do the math! It's so eaesy, devs should know how the damage is calculated, add the different weapons to a spread sheet and check by calculation...
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I think damage increase is needed but also at least 1 and max 2 techs to them. The epic do need an overhaul. To make the epics it already does take 1200 skill to make the epics. They aren't really epic. They do need an overhaul, but not just epic weapons, the epic spells need an overhaul too, like epic skills Volcano for example. How about special epic techs for epic weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Please no tech slots on Epic Weapons. Let them deal more damage, adding higher buffs, a higher %-chance for effects... I think it's better to overhaul them AND MAKE THEM EPIC as they should be. And please do the math! It's so eaesy, devs should know how the damage is calculated, add the different weapons to a spread sheet and check by calculation...

I say socket them make epic weapons more epic as they require alot of effort into them i say allow the option to add Armor crystals and techs in reason? other games have it you can add sockets to your weapons but you cant remove them. with this it would make epic weapons very truely powerful and alot feared and Valued more. this would make even the underpowered demon spike and blood battle axe useful again. I say add 3 sockets in. Just raise the token price So you can equip Armor jewelery and even weapon crystal slots in. Yes this would make them Powerful and fix the underpowered weapons Dramaticly!
    As in yes i support the epic weapon buff make them better then crafted weapons!
    Overhaul the weapons and add sockets!
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    I say socket them make epic weapons more epic as they require alot of effort into them i say allow the option to add Armor crystals and techs in reason? other games have it you can add sockets to your weapons but you cant remove them. with this it would make epic weapons very truely powerful and alot feared and Valued more. this would make even the underpowered demon spike and blood battle axe useful again. I say add 3 sockets in. Just raise the token price So you can equip Armor jewelery and even weapon crystal slots in. Yes this would make them Powerful and fix the underpowered weapons Dramaticly!
    I actually agree they do need socketing but maybe 2 just like priceless or at least 1. Epics need to be more epic and without change the game cannot progress. Priceless weapons do more damage and crafted weapons, armors, etc do more damage than epics, if that's the cause the epic weapons don't really deserve to be called epic.

I am concerned.
    I which direction does this all lead?

(some say) 2 lesser epics are too difficult to to fight-and should be adjusted..
    (though 3 chars can kill Gruk without probs e.g.)

(some say) Epic weapons/equippment should be stronger/more equal than other weapons/equippment that are ingame
    (though all emphasize not stronger but with sockets, tech or other bonuses-
    but what does that mean? Its teched and socketed and more -and its not stronger than it was before-
    so what is sense then???).

Why should epics stuff be stronger than self crafted gear/weapons?
    Cause its harder to get? Well its all in the eye of the beholder-and same goes when it comes to what to wear:
    I only wear the demon claw or self crafted things- Lup only uses Flurry (though we have it all)

Isent it the variety we have, that makes the challange and the enrichment ?
    The combination of epic and priceless e.g.?
    Why should all be equal strong, tricky, mighty aso- and pls- all be uber..
    if you prefer priceless.- wear it- if you like epic more (cause of the special efect)- wear that.
    PLS folks- do not want it all.
    Most of us are uber enough- and our poor opponents stay the way they are(or loose their special abilities).

Can`t we (vet/uber players) see it that way: We have grown out some epic gear/weapons- or know how to combine those best.
    But newer players/epic fighters- they will appreciate what they get- and it will make them stronger.

Heaven and hell- if I could socket or tech my epic claws or scale..
    (if you can socke /tech) one- you have to allow this for all)
    Where would all this lead to?

I think this 2 issues, the one in this thread, the other in the Daknor/Gruk -thread- and the way the devs will handle it-
    will show a bit on how it will be going on with Istaria in the future.
    So choose wise what you wish..
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 20th, 2015 at 08:24 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    I would agree with this option as well. If some real improvements could be made, nothing else might need to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    This gave me the idea that the epic weapons could take special 'Epic' socket techs only, that had to be purchased from the epic vendor, for the same price as a full epic weapon. So Calculate the current cost in tokens of a typical completed epic weapon, and sell the specialized sockets that only fit epic weapons for that cost. So if you want to do double or triple the work, you can add 1 or 2 sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I am concerned.

(some say) 2 lesser epics are too difficult to to fight-and should be adjusted..

(some say) Epic weapons/equippment should be stronger/more equal than other weapons/equippment that are ingame
    but what does that mean? Its teched and socketed and more -and its not stronger than it was before-

Cause its harder to get? Well its all in the eye of the beholder-and same goes when it comes to what to wear:
    I only wear the demon claw or self crafted things- Lup only uses Flurry (though we have it all)

if you prefer priceless.- wear it- if you like epic more (cause of the special efect)- wear that.
    Most of us are uber enough- and our poor opponents stay the way they are(or loose their special abilities).

Can`t we (vet/uber players) see it that way: We have grown out some epic gear/weapons- or know how to combine those best.
    But newer players/epic fighters- they will appreciate what they get- and it will make them stronger.

I think this 2 issues, the one in this thread, the other in the Daknor/Gruk -thread- and the way the devs will handle it-
    Lovwyrm, if they do make changes like that for epics the epic monsters need to be changed to keep up the balance. They just need to be tested and make sure they are a little bit stronger. I think the epic gear shouldn't be too powerful, balance issues, but still stronger than crafted stuff and priceless. But if changes for epic gear are made then changes to epic monsters should be made to compensate. Lovwyrm, without change this game will die. The Gruk/Daknor is cause there is something wrong with their attacks possibly cause of the mez/petrified that is a different issue.

Seems like you just want things to always stay the same, Lovwyrm that's the impression I get . That's why I say keep it balanced, changes can happen but make them balanced. Not too overpowered, but not underpowered, and the epic gear are mostly severely underpowered, so they need to be changed to balance against the priceless and crafted gear but still be worthy of the name epic. This balance includes balancing the epic mobs too, balancing down some things and making other things about the epic mobs stronger to compensate.

If you want to talk you can come on chaos and message me Lovwyrm.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; July 20th, 2015 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I am concerned.

I Think I understand what you are trying to say. On one hand people complain that gruk and daknor are too tough (which they are not), and want the weaker. I do not agree with that.

But the epic weapons, and even the priceless gear was initially designed to NOT be better than crafted gear. This makes zero sense to me. The epic stuff is harder to get, and it should be the end game gear (such as the state of Istaria's end game is, but that's another discussion). It should be better. They are making changes to the items, but its always small baby steps. Can't say I blame them in that regard, but they are still not better than crafted gear. The blood talon is much better, but still needs something extra imho. So the next step we are suggesting is some tech slots, which amon already had mentioned he was considering after this first set of changes sink in.

I wouldn't mind making all the epics tougher. Surthieum is way too easy and people solo him all the time. (make the dot non-dispellable ) Gruk and Daknor aren't too bad if you know what you are doing, but I don't think they can be solo'd. Even the remaining could probably use some toughening of some sort. Maybe more hp or more armor. I'm not saying give them (epic items) away, but they are called "Epic" so they should actually be Epic.

I also think the epic spells should have dmg doubled to quadrupled. I wouldn't care if the timer was increased to 30 min. Would rather they were actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I Think I understand what you are trying to say. On one hand people complain that gruk and daknor are too tough (which they are not), and want the weaker. I do not agree with that.

But the epic weapons, and even the priceless gear was initially designed to NOT be better than crafted gear. This makes zero sense to me. The epic stuff is harder to get, and it should be the end game gear (such as the state of Istaria's end game is, but that's another discussion). It should be better. They are making changes to the items, but its always small baby steps. Can't say I blame them in that regard, but they are still not better than crafted gear. The blood talon is much better, but still needs something extra imho. So the next step we are suggesting is some tech slots, which amon already had mentioned he was considering after this first set of changes sink in.

I wouldn't mind making all the epics tougher. Surthieum is way too easy and people solo him all the time. (make the dot non-dispellable ) Gruk and Daknor aren't too bad if you know what you are doing, but I don't think they can be solo'd. Even the remaining could probably use some toughening of some sort. Maybe more hp or more armor. I'm not saying give them (epic items) away, but they are called "Epic" so they should actually be Epic.

I also think the epic spells should have dmg doubled to quadrupled. I wouldn't care if the timer was increased to 30 min. Would rather they were actually useful.
    It's not to really weaken Gruk or Daknor its more to eliminate some glitch they cause when they mez and paralyze you, if they do fix that problem they can make something little stronger to pick up the balancing on that.

Thread Information