Thread: Yet another returning player. Maybe!

Default Yet another returning player. Maybe!

So... hello everyone =P

I'm kinda an old returning player. I bought the game back at launch and played it on the EU server ICE back in the days. I somewhat found myself thinking about Horizon again so, well, I'm here and with a couple of questions.

My old characters are probably gone, I'll ask the support team about it but I don't really have many hopes. It's kind of annoying that I can't play a dragon unless I'm a paying user, but my main question is: if I do subscribe and create a dragon will I be allowed to play it even if I don't renew my subscription?

Second: is there some way for me to permanently unlock extra character slots or playable race?

Thank you everybody, have a nice day ^_^

Default Re: Yet another returning player. Maybe!

*serves Gharanor a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

I am not sure how accessible the archived characters are for Virtrium these days, but last I knew, you could file a ticket with support to get your old characters out of storage. There may be a recovery fee involved.

Non-human characters of any kind may be played only for a trial period (I think 2 weeks?) before subscribing. The only way to "unlock" a non-human race/extra character slots is to subscribe. However, plot owners can gain an extra plot slot through the "Share the Word" program.

I hope this is helpful. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gharanor View Post
    If I do subscribe and create a dragon will I be allowed to play it even if I don't renew my subscription?
    ^_^
    No, the only Toon that is free to play is a Human.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

If you subscribe, play the dragon for a month, then once it expires, your entire account will be locked. You'd then have to delete all your characters and only have a human player, then it'd convert to a free account again. But I believe you could archive the dragon, instead of deleting it. That will make it unavailable to play (and remove a character slot), but if at some point in the future you wanted to resub, you could then send in a support ticket and ask for the character to be unarchived.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    If you subscribe, play the dragon for a month, then once it expires, your entire account will be locked. You'd then have to delete all your characters and only have a human player, then it'd convert to a free account again. But I believe you could archive the dragon, instead of deleting it. That will make it unavailable to play (and remove a character slot), but if at some point in the future you wanted to resub, you could then send in a support ticket and ask for the character to be unarchived.
    So, if I stop subscription for two months because holidays my choices are 1) not playing until i renew the sub 2) lose every non human character or 3) archive non-humans and pay for resuming them when I return?

This is quite annoying, I should at least be allowed to have my non-humans back for free.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    *serves Gharanor a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

I am not sure how accessible the archived characters are for Virtrium these days, but last I knew, you could file a ticket with support to get your old characters out of storage. There may be a recovery fee involved.
    Aww, thank you ^_^
    My old, lovely dragon sadly is comes from so long ago... nevermind anyway, I can always make another one. The quest for adulthood was quite a pain back then though =P

If you want to play under the free access, you'd have to archive all your non-human characters. When you were ready to play your dragon / non-humans, you could request an unarchive and then add a subscription / access.

If this is something you plan to do often, it would probably be easier to have an account for your human on free access, and then an account for dragons / non-humans, which you pay from time to time.

Customer support can shift your characters between accounts if you change your mind later.

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    If this is something you plan to do often, it would probably be easier to have an account for your human on free access, and then an account for dragons / non-humans, which you pay from time to time.
    This is actually a pretty good idea. Thank you
    I adopted a poor abandoned egg ._.
    Once upon a time there was a Gharanor.

Thread Information