Thread: Increase Ravenous Bloodsnout Bristle

Default Increase Ravenous Bloodsnout Bristle

Ravenous Bloodsnout Bristles are a very hard drop to find, and are used for many techniques like Adventure: One-Handed Crush V, Defense: Spirit Resistance V, Dragon Tech Kit: Sharpener, Statistic: Strength V and Reinforced Round Shield V. It's only available from Ravenous Bloodsnouts, meanwhile Ravenous Bloodsnout Snout is available from both Ravenous Bloodsnout and Weaker Ravenous Bloodsnout variants. I thinking maybe make it available for both Ravenous Bloodsnout and Weaker Ravenous Bloodsnouts or increase the rate they drop from Ravenous Bloodsnout by just a little amount or even more Ravenous Bloodsnout spawns. I know they are a pain to find for most people.

Default Re: Increase Ravenous Bloodsnout Bristle

Yes, I hunted them the other day for 12 Bristles, they are a pain, have to run all over the place. Took about 4 Hours to get 12. I have never found a spot where you can get 2 or 3 together, they always seen to be solo. If anyone knows of such a spot, please tell
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    Yes, I hunted them the other day for 12 Bristles, they are a pain, have to run all over the place. Took about 4 Hours to get 12. I have never found a spot where you can get 2 or 3 together, they always seen to be solo. If anyone knows of such a spot, please tell
    Same. that's why I think there should be a change for these comps, the pigs are hard to find, and the bristles hardly drop.

They are rare, like Bloodmage fingers. As you pointed out, they are going to most desirable because of the techs they are used for (the ones everyone wants). I can remember spending equally the same amount of time hunting the fingers and quite a few others, such as purple spiders.

I'll give you some tips about Spiritous Swamp, that might change your hunting habits and possible get more pigs or Mages to spawn.

95% of time they are linked spawns:

Bloodskulk Bloodmage, Soothsayer and Spearfisher. Note the large group of spearfishers that spawn in their own area, don't count (ie 286/225). I mean the spearfishers that are walking isolated, amongst the Soothsayers and Bloodmages throughout the swamp. When you see a soothsayer or spearfisher walking by itself, go ahead and kill it. It'll have a chance to be replaced with a bloodmage.

Ravenout Bloodsnout, Turgid Purple Weaver and Shrunken Purple Weaver also share spawns. Kill off the spiders to possibly get a Ravenous Bloodsnout to replace it.

The techs that these rare drops are used for aren't suppose to be easy, they are likely going towards T5 gear that you'll be using a while.

Weaker Ravenous Bloodsnout doesn't share a spawn, fyi.

Also, the drop rates aren't really all that bad, better than what I thought. The issue is finding them, as you also stated, but hopefully these tips will help "find them" more often. These shared spawns are also why map pack doesn't really help a whole lot in the swamp. There's no specific area for just the pigs, spiders and skulks.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; July 27th, 2015 at 10:07 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thanks Cegaiel for the info, it's good to know about the spawn link.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

They are rare, like Bloodmage fingers.
    I would say, getting fingers is easy, at least for a dragon. I crashland on a bloodmage, use silver strike to cancle out it's shield, then gold rage which in 95% of time kills it, then loot and fly up again. Had to get like 50 fingers for someone in the past and it didn't took me longer than 2 days.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Thread Information